Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
#26 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bnymph
So I see ppl have been creating cc for ts4 demo, so how do you download it?

Find out where it's uploaded, and click the download link. Same as ever

Comes in a package file, and the game now includes a premade mods folder with a config file, so no worry about frameworks. Just drop in the package and go.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:30 PM
Hey this looks pretty good, but am I the only one who kind of likes the content the way it is? I mean to begin with, I wasn't really feeling the 'cartoony' look of the sims, but it's kind of grown on me. I think it gives them more..life? I think I might not be downloading cc to start with, but it depends how good it looks. My computer can handle the graphics in Sims 4, Sims 3? It's ok, but my game sure did slow down after I installed a bunch of cc. I want my game to run smoothly.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 7:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tetokasane
Hey this looks pretty good, but am I the only one who kind of likes the content the way it is? I mean to begin with, I wasn't really feeling the 'cartoony' look of the sims, but it's kind of grown on me. I think it gives them more..life? I think I might not be downloading cc to start with, but it depends how good it looks. My computer can handle the graphics in Sims 4, Sims 3? It's ok, but my game sure did slow down after I installed a bunch of cc. I want my game to run smoothly.

No, you are not alone I love the way Sims 4 looks as well, The clothes and hairstyles are very varied and useful.

Still having the option for a bit of CC is always nice. Though I download only things that match the original style of the game, none of that photo-realism for me, no thank you. But just today I found a very nice pink blouse with flowers that matches the original style and downloaded it.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phoenixfire88
No, you are not alone I love the way Sims 4 looks as well, The clothes and hairstyles are very varied and useful.

Still having the option for a bit of CC is always nice. Though I download only things that match the original style of the game, none of that photo-realism for me, no thank you. But just today I found a very nice pink blouse with flowers that matches the original style and downloaded it.

If there's cc that match the style of the game then I might consider it!
Eminence Grise
#30 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tetokasane
If there's cc that match the style of the game then I might consider it!

There will be... "Maxis Match" has always been popular The stuff I do for myself (most of which never gets uploaded) is always intended to extend the usability of what's already in the game. You have a skirt and a blouse you want to use together, but all the color options clash? You can fix that in a few minutes using nothing but a hue/saturation/lightness control in your image editor, using the tools we have right now (I've timed it, less than 10 minutes to create a simple recolor and get it in the game). The tools will continue to evolve and get easier to use too, no doubt.

Ditto for the chairs that don't match the table you want to use, or the walls and the rug... we don't have THAT tool yet but it should be possible to extend what we're using for CAS.

Especially rugs Looking at all the gameplay footage coming out now, I always have the same response: I want to recolor that rug!
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 4:03 AM
So Sims 3 wasn't cartoony? You guys might try uninstalling all your Sims 3 CC, and remembering what the game looked like originally. All this realism came with texture mods, and mesh replacers. The new Sims are no more cartoony than in Sims 3. I will admit they went with more subtle lighting and shaders, but Sims 3's were not pushing any limits. I'd love to have subsurface shaders, dynamic lighting, and so on and so forth, but I wasn't dumbfounded when the Sims still looked like the Sims. I'm pretty happy with how they look in CAS.......and hopefully this carries over into gameplay. I was let down that they still ignored hair physics.....Saints Row 3 is a great example of this art style animated.
Eminence Grise
#32 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tonicmole
I was let down that they still ignored hair physics.....Saints Row 3 is a great example of this art style animated.

Yeah, I would LOVE to see both hair physics and cloth physics in a sims game. Skirts that move like skirts :/ Maybe next time
Test Subject
#33 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 6:27 AM
I'm sure it won't take long after release, there is already a bunch of Sims 4 CC available now! It will probably explode after the game is released I can't wait to see some of the CC people make.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:10 AM
Do we know if the CC files will work in the actual game or will the it need to be redone?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#35 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 8:11 AM
Poundpuppysim - We have no way of knowing that yet.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#36 Old 18th Aug 2014 at 2:07 PM
Most of the CC that is currently being made is just texture replacements though -- that shouldn't be difficult to convert/re-do, if it needs to be re-done at all. When the actual texture is already done, at most you'd have to re-import/export it, which would be pretty simple even for someone who normally just downloads.

Like HP said, there's no way to tell for sure, but in the case of CASt replacements I wouldn't worry too much about them being unuseable.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 5:13 PM
The amount of CC will make or break the game. If there isn't enough, the game would die really quick....but replacements would make a world of difference. Hair replacements, skin replacements, eye replacements...the list goes on and on.
I wouldn't doubt there'd be a group of players that figure things out. What I'm worried about is if that group is too small. That would limit options a lot, especially if too many creators had the same tastes.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#38 Old 19th Aug 2014 at 6:51 PM
Salamancer, the best solution to that is make something yourself that suits your own taste! =) It's not hard to learn, I already made a bunch of recolours myself and figured it out really quickly ( .. like everyone else on the planet, I'm a complete noob at making TS4 custom content).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Aug 2014 at 8:16 AM
EA ought to get on their knees and thank all of the talented people who have made their Sims games what they are today, and without cc I would never play the game again. Custom content is what makes the whole experience worthwhile for me and I am sure I am not alone. I even enjoy just shopping around to see whats new in the custom world of sims. EA surely won't bite the hand that feeds them!
Test Subject
#40 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 1:38 AM
I think what I have missed most is from Sims 1, the ability to go into a blank world and make it the way you want. I think that adding that feature into Sims 4 would be awesome, but they'd loose a lot of money on their worlds that way. I love the modded worlds and even some of the EA worlds, but the freedom of starting a pre-made new world from scratch without any buildings and putting in whatever you want, without the hassle of world creator, is a luxury I still miss.
Test Subject
#41 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:26 PM
Once upon a time, when I played Sims 3 my favorite CC content came from Nightcrawler. Now with Sims 4, if Nightcrawler winds up doing a bunch of CC for it, no doubt it'll just add to my enthusiasm for the game. Praline Sims came a close 2nd with her skins for S3, but for me the #1 was the hair. No matter how good you make your Sims look, if the hair sucks, the rest of the character does too. The skin and make up came next.
Test Subject
#42 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 1:54 AM
I have tried to download some custom content to sims 4 and it has not worked for me
Inventor
#43 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 2:15 AM
The dead have arisen.

RUN!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#44 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 3:15 AM
@kathyhansen85 - post on the download in the comments section explaining the issue . And locking thread.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: old
Page 2 of 2