Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:10 AM
My first thought when I saw that limerick about the house burnt down was, ' that will teach you not to fix the small fires bug.' It seriously annoys me as I love the fire fighter career, I always smile at the 'I'm a fire fighter' social as my father was a fireman; but that was back when they were just blue collar workers and not considered sexy.
Advertisement
Theorist
#27 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:22 AM
One should reply with a rhyme,
So this thread can have a fun time,
Dr. Seuss ain't got nothing on us,
we all ride the yellow school bus,
my rhyme is wack,
sounds like I'm smoking crack,
this world better be good,
or I'm dropping EA off in the hood.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:45 AM
So clearly designed to slot neatly with the Movie stuff pack. Was hoping for more unique ordinary worlds (Lucky Palms, Aurora Skies). Maybe next time!
Eminence Grise
#29 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 2:58 AM
Yeah, second limerick scans (has the correct pattern of stressed and unstressed syllables for a limerick http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limerick_%28poetry%29 ), first one does not, Coltraz pulled it off but TMBrandon failed, lol. ANAPESTS people! ANAPESTS! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anapaest

Why is it that kids today don't understand poetic meter? It's all over rap music :p

And I also agree that they just DID gothic in the movie pack, after already doing it in SN and lord knows how many store sets, so cmon.

Maybe clothes shopping in anticipation of ITF though But that sounds more like a venue than a world.
Alchemist
#30 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Annette19
My first thought when I saw that limerick about the house burnt down was, ' that will teach you not to fix the small fires bug.' It seriously annoys me as I love the fire fighter career, I always smile at the 'I'm a fire fighter' social as my father was a fireman; but that was back when they were just blue collar workers and not considered sexy.

My first thought was Sweet Brown.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 6:54 PM
New pic.

Quote:
Her wardrobe’s a bit of a mess
She thinks she’d like a new dress
It’s hard to decide
7 choices she spied
The decision is giving her stress

Um...Ok. *shrugs*

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Alchemist
#32 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 7:01 PM
... I think I've seen enough to see how the world will end up like.

Just call me Nikel
Field Researcher
#33 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 7:02 PM
Of ALL the themes to go for...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 7:02 PM
I, honestly, how no idea what theme that dress is even supposed to go with...

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#35 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 7:03 PM
She doesn't look that stressed to me. Psychotic, maybe. But not stressed.
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54

The Gothic Sea-Sick Green Zombie Princess theme, of course.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 7:09 PM
New Twitter hint:

SimGuruSparkle
‏@SimGuruSparkle
A world that’s a tad more severe
Than others we've made this year
Through dark & gloom
Flowers still bloom
Altho' with a little less cheer

EDIT: Isn't the dress the same style as the Haiku (or whatever the name is) styles in the store?
http://store.thesims3.com/setsProdu...=OFB-SIM3:34645

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 7:13 PM
So..the picture of the bed for sale they posted a while ago must have fizzled into nothingness. I would imagine they would lead their clues with such a big feature.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#38 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 7:24 PM
"Can we have a city world?" asked the masses. People opening up their wallets and throwing money at their screens, only to be greeted with unheard requests in favor of putting out something no one asked for. While something dark really could be nice - no denying that - this isn't what the game needs at the moment.

What has Moonlight Falls been reduced to?

Field Researcher
#39 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 8:03 PM

Victorian and/or Gothic. At least that's what it looks like to me.

It's also reflective of the Japanese Lolita fashion, sorta. Which... is inspired by Victorian clothing.

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Alchemist
#40 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 8:25 PM
They should call it Garden of Shadows.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 8:35 PM
Now that I think about it, the 'limericks' are giving me Lizzie Borden vibes

I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

coming soon to a tumblr near you:
The Disney 10-Gen Legacy Challenge
Hunger Games Challenge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 8:55 PM
Something a little more current and down to Earth would be nice, but we haven't seen how out of this world the town may or may not be. It could just be a haunted town, but that dress isn't giving me hope of anything of the sort.

Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 9:01 PM
Something a little more current and down to Earth would be nice, but we haven't seen how out of this world the town may or may not be. It could just be a haunted town, but that dress isn't giving me hope of anything of the sort.

Well, unlike Dragon Valley it doesn't appear to be modeled on anything that couldn't still exist in the present day from an architectural standpoint, so even if all the premades are dressed in some form of period clothing or themed outfits all one needs to do is purge the premade population, move in your own families and use the place as an alternative to Moonlight Falls. Easy enough with Master Controller and a town-wide Total Annihilation.
Theorist
#44 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 9:01 PM
What about the buying-a-bed picture? When is that stuff coming? No-one here needs any more Halloween crap, we did this last year, for crying out loud.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Field Researcher
#45 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
What about the buying-a-bed picture? When is that stuff coming? No-one here needs any more Halloween crap, we did this last year, for crying out loud.

And the year before that... And the year before that... And the year before that...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 10:52 PM
We just want a nice city or something. Something were don't have to edit beyond belief to work in present day. Something now geared around story telling. Without the occults, Supernatural was quite normal, even with the fantastical elements.

It worked.

Field Researcher
#47 Old 11th Sep 2013 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heat33330
And the year before that... And the year before that... And the year before that...

Mr. Francis York Morgan.
The spirit of Halloween never dies
This is as certain as "the Sun shall rise"
So says Mr. Stewart.

Props to anyone that gets that reference
Theorist
#48 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 1:04 AM
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I really didn't think they would do a city world. The EP Team couldn't make those high rises work correctly when they did them for Late Night. If they couldn't get it right, I didn't see how the Store Team could pull it off. They don't tend to do much that's really overly challenging anyway; they mostly use code that was developed for the previous EP's and try to create new content out of it.

But yeah, I am feeling left out. I know there are simmers who love the costumes and the vampires and the supernaturals. I just don't happen to be one of them, and I know I'm not the only one. And what do we get from the Sims' Team? A SP that's full of BS fantasy costumes that I would never use, a fantasy future EP that uses the broken travel system, and a dumb Store World with what looks like a Halloween theme.

These people really have NO CLUE who all plays this game and why, or they wouldn't just do three major projects in a row that will not appeal to half their players.

IMO /rant over

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#49 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 1:19 AM
I think a city world could work. Let the rabbit holes do all the work, providing the city look. Have an urban area secluded to one side and a few suburbs over on another side. Would work no problem.

Alchemist
#50 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 1:21 AM
I city world could work. Let the rabbit holes do all the work, providing the city look. Have an urban area secluded to one side and a few suburbs over on another side. Would work no problem.

Like Bridgeport?
Page 2 of 31