Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#51 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 1:26 AM
Essentially, but more suburb than city, for obvious reasons. The skyline wont be as robust (without decorative objects), but it's more than doable.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Advertisement
Theorist
#52 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 1:36 AM
matrix, are you saying they should make all the high rise / city buildings rabbit holes? To look like but not function as a city?

If so, that's an interesting idea. But I think I can already imagine the future dystopia on the official forum. The whining and gnashing of teeth, oh my!

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#53 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 2:12 AM
I suggest rabbit holes because I understand the architecture of the game. Expecting shells is unrealistic, elevators are buggy (though, we do need more) and it'd eat away at dev time. providing rabbit holes allows the devs to provide that city atmosphere, have dots of traditional buildings scattered about, and homes off in the distance, without going beyond the scope of what the game is built for.

Forum Resident
#54 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 3:42 AM
I like how...non-glowy-bright-green those pictures are. I don't know what's coming, but I think I like it.

Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
No-one here needs any more Halloween crap,

LIES.
Mad Poster
#55 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 4:38 AM
I'm actually liking the hints so far but I do hope they give/show soon the OFB thing they hinted about. I don't think I could take it if that turns out to be just rumors and false hinting.
Theorist
#56 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 2:43 PM Last edited by tizerist : 12th Sep 2013 at 8:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tempscire

LIES.
sorry but it's true. It's been true for quite some time, as well.

EDIT: It comes with ownable shops, I take it all back.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#57 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 3:51 PM
I could use some more Halloween stuffs; more holiday themed stuff in general would be good for me. I love for my sims to celebrate.

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#58 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 5:00 PM
We have multiple sets of horror, or related content. Way too much, actually, be it traditional furniture of themed decor. Mundane is nice. Not even ultra modern, but mundane.

Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#59 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:16 PM Last edited by babele44 : 12th Sep 2013 at 7:25 PM.
Ok, so the name seems to be Midnight Hollow and it is populated by a bunch of eternal teenagers who are addicted to shopping and once every year go on a pilgrimage to the WGT in Leipzig, Germany.

Teaser Trailer:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIscF_zrKJI
Info taken from the In-Game Shop: http://igs.thesims3.com/midnighthol...ntent=TS3+Store
Premium Content Info: http://store.thesims3.com/productDe...=OFB-SIM3:69059

And for those who do not know what WGT is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wave-Gotik-Treffen
Scholar
#60 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:21 PM
This world is amazing.That atmosphere,clothes and hairs :lovestruc ......Also added OFB features
MUST HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
#61 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:24 PM
The PC seems very nice, but unrelated to the world. It looks as if they just wanted to put it in. I wonder what the other PC for the gold version is, probably something actually related to it. Also, I wonder if the register will be available for individual purchase... The world looks gorgeous though - but I don't know if it's too dark or are the Sims too colorful...
Alchemist
#62 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:34 PM
Just saw the trailer.

I felt like I was watching a My Chemical Romance music video. Eternal teenagers addicted to shopping, really? Sounds like EA's target audience.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:44 PM
Too bad the sims 3 is about to explode due to over flowing inventories. Otherwise I'd say cool.
Field Researcher
#64 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 6:51 PM
I actually like the look of it, I'm shocked. I haven't liked the last two store worlds at all. I usually like to play cities and prefer more modern architectural styles but I could see myself having some fun with this one. Yeah the back story they put in the trailer is stupid but I never pay attention to any stories EA put into their worlds anyway, I do my own thing. PC seems completely random which does worry me a bit. That said they could potentially be taking my money on this one, we'll see how it turns out.
Forum Resident
#65 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 7:08 PM
I really hope that TS2 music from the trailer is included with the world!
Overall it's the first time that I'm excited for a store world!
The Gothic/Victorian setting is not my play style but i love the world so far!

Check my tumblr:
http://eliasctifler.tumblr.com/
:)
Mad Poster
#66 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 7:30 PM
That is how they sell the worlds, add in PC content that everyone wants and will buy the world to get it. Yeah, it's a marketing ploy and will piss off the people that just want the PC but can't get it unless they buy the world and the gold venue or lot.

With that said, this world is really impressive. I love the dark themes and even though other users have that same theme going in their worlds, EA releasing the lighting and atmosphere will be useful. I like it...can't wait to see what world builders will do with this world's assets. Nice.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 7:41 PM
^True Lewis, I don't know why I thought it was so random when they've actually done it before - Aurora Skies and the toddler stuff for instance
Scholar
#68 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 7:46 PM
Just got home from a day out, and found the perfect dark, Goth world that I have been secretly (quietly) hoping for!! Me is happy!
It does look very impressive, I agree @lewisb40 - let's hope it doesn't have horrendous routing issues that make me want to scream! Moonlight Falls is one of my favorite worlds, mostly because it's got the whole strange vibe going on, but it's boring as ass.. Let's hope this one is a bit better..
Eternal teenagers though - may have to kill off some of those somehow... At least I finally have a world where all my weird-ass, creepizoid oddities can live (and I have a lot of those; my mind is quite warped)

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
#69 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 7:54 PM
If somebody gives it an overhaul for SN, I'll be happy. It always bugs me that the store worlds only incorporate base game items: I never end up playing them for long because I get bored. This one does look gorgeous though. I might have to transplant the Goths there.

The page is up on the Store: http://store.thesims3.com/midnighth...=OFB-SIM3:68670
They've got Olive Specter in it! Eeeee
Mad Poster
#70 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 8:04 PM
Because I love to build and get an idea from time to time, I have several gloomy lots to fit in this world. I have 3 different elixir/consignment shops and salons. I just need to create a new college that will fit this theme. Might work on that tonight, getting ideas.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Top Secret Researcher
#71 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_fairy
They've got Olive Specter in it! Eeeee

Is that... baby Nervous Subject?

Also, the Gold edition appears to be bringing back the jack-in-the-box from TS2. No further details, there may be other things in addition to that, but it's certainly nice to see something brought back for children and toddlers to use.
Instructor
#72 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 8:50 PM
I've never been more in love with a RH..

That is all.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 8:54 PM
I need it.

Theorist
#74 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:19 PM
I'm with tizerist. I take back everything I said before. :D

¢¾ Receptacle Refugee ¢¾ ~ Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket!? ~
Laura's Legacy
Scholar
#75 Old 12th Sep 2013 at 9:20 PM
Sorry to post again, but I'm terribly excited about this - just watched the trailer, and seriously cannot wait...
90% of my Sim Bin are gonna feel right at home in Midnight Hollow; I might actually create a self-Sim for the first time, and run around the town like a banshee, because I fit in with a town like that, and cos CRAZY!
This might actually be the first town I settle down with, and plan/evolve/nurture/play longer than 2 weeks .... (my God, I sound like I wanna marry the bloody thing)

...Titanium white...
Page 3 of 31