Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Dark Lands - Haunted House and Tomb

by darmac66 Posted 27th Sep 2013 at 5:55 PM

15 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Sep 2013 at 7:03 PM
I Love the Dark Lands - Haunted House and Tomb !!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Sep 2013 at 12:37 AM
This is beautiful! Fortunately I have all of the store content you recommend, because that way I'll be able to see it as it is. :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 29th Sep 2013 at 8:56 PM
This lot looks great! I can't wait to try it out. My favorite part of World Adventures is exploring the tombs, so I'm always excited when someone posts a great looking tomb. Thanks for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 8:25 PM
this is a deeply beautiful house... i'm in awe of how some people just have a skill for this, and i simply dont... i salute you
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 2:40 AM
Thankyou for the awesome feedback my darling simmers. I love you all and love seeing what you think!

Darren Slimick - SimsCreations.com
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 30th Apr 2014 at 7:07 PM
So much fun
Test Subject
#8 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 10:46 AM
Have you still got this as a house
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 4:36 PM
It's lovely! It reminds me of the Collins mansion from 'Dark Shadows')
I've even created it in minecraft, very inspiring
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fargoes1986
Have you still got this as a house

I just had my sims visiting this house recently

If you want to see more of this house it's featured in my 2013 Sims Showcase Music Video:
http://youtu.be/5CqDYaFkUxc

and tons of pictures on my website:

Darren Slimick - SimsCreations.com
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Valundra
It's lovely! It reminds me of the Collins mansion from 'Dark Shadows')
I've even created it in minecraft, very inspiring

I was going to say the same thing. Great minds think alike!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 11:39 AM
I put this in my Aurora Skies game, with one significant alteration - I added the Door of Life And Death from Grim's Ghastly Manor, which did mean I had to extend the wall that the front door was on outward, as well as the veranda in front of it. I still have to send a sim to explore it though.
Test Subject
#13 Old 4th Jul 2016 at 12:02 AM
This looks perfect for what I want. Great job, thanks. I do have a couple of questions. (1) I don't have SN so will this still be playable as a tomb without that EP? (2) Can this be deadly for sims, can they die in the traps? I am looking for a mansion that is dangerous enough to put my sims at risk. (3) Is there a non tomb version?
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Jul 2016 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bestistbuddy
This looks perfect for what I want. Great job, thanks. I do have a couple of questions. (1) I don't have SN so will this still be playable as a tomb without that EP? (2) Can this be deadly for sims, can they die in the traps? I am looking for a mansion that is dangerous enough to put my sims at risk. (3) Is there a non tomb version?

1) Supernatural (SN) didn't add tombs, but World Adventures did (WA). That said, I think without WA, this house would be probably be useless as a "Sim Deathtrap" . I am not sure if the lot would work without the required EP's but if it did, the used objects would either be missing or replaced with BaseGame objects (like with most CC-riddled houses).
The best way is simply to test it:
Quote:
Make a backup copy of your "The Sims 3" folder to your desktop.
Now, install the lot and test it on a Brand New save file. If the house can be placed and explored/visited by a sim, then it's fine.
If the game crashes, delete your original "The Sims 3" folder and put the backup copy (from the desktop) back in.
Vwa-la, no harm done. (I'd test this myself but I have all EPs installed).

2) Assuming you have WA, yes, and no. If I'm remembering right, your sim could drown in a dive well, or catch on fire from a fire trap, but these are rare and easily preventable, as with most sim deaths. The biggest issue would be the Mummy's Curse if it has a sarcophagus. For more info I highly recommend you read Carl's Sims 3 Guide to World Adventures Tombs.
3) That's one I can't answer sadly

Best wishes!

Insanity is wonderful... everyone should try it... *warning: insanity begins on 11/1/11, do not use before.
Insanity is not for the faint of heart*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 19th Jan 2017 at 5:04 AM
I have finally gotten around to sending a sim to visit - nice tomb you made with this, the way you set up the exploration was pretty good. My only nitpick is that it could have done with a few more random treasures around the place.
Test Subject
#16 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 10:35 AM
Hello! I've just downloaded the lot and it was very thrilling until my Sim refuses how matter what to explore the red pond on the top of the house. So I can't explore the basement. I've tried to remove the candles and lights around the pond, move the pond, but still the same problem : the Sim "says" the path is blocked. Am I the only one with this issue? Thanks a lot =)