Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Little Cottage (Granny's Retirement House)

by mustluvcatz Posted 7th Nov 2013 at 4:47 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2013 at 12:37 PM by mustluvcatz

16 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 7:15 AM
Cute little house is cute! I have a fondness for stone exteriors and small, cozy interiors.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:08 AM
Love this little cottage, MLC. I also like the stone exterior and cannot find it on CuriousB's site, any chance of linking it direct for me? Would like to know whether there are any more colours available in the same style.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:19 AM
Thanks! :D

karen - I had trouble finding it myself.. which is why there's no direct link. (Same with the carpet.) I *think* the wallpaper was part of a gift to someone during one of GOS's events. I'll have another look for it after I get a bit of sleep. I know she cross-posts, so it's there somewhere.
Test Subject
#5 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:32 AM
Lovely little home!
Unfortunately, the link to Sunny's Deco Chimney seems broken
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 12:29 PM
karen - the link to the set with the wallpaper has been updated. I was right, it was part of a gift. (The link to the gables was updated too but I still don't know where the carpet was downloaded from.)

Omnomnomnivore - Thank you! And good catch re the link, I can't believe I missed that. That's been updated too.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#7 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 12:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
karen - the link to the set with the wallpaper has been updated. I was right, it was part of a gift. (The link to the gables was updated too but I still don't know where the carpet was downloaded from.)
Thank you so much MLC, I have been looking for some good stone walls for a while. The thatched roofs look good too

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator THANKS POST
#8 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 1:38 PM
What an adorable little cottage! I love it! Perfect for my elder Sims whose kids have all left the nest - or for any other Sims who want a cozy little place to call home, for that matter. Thank you for sharing!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
#9 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 2:27 PM
Yay, a house I can use in my little game! This is very adorable, perfect for the empty-nesters that I'm currently trying to do more with than just waiting for them to die. I've been resisting the nooks and niches and Buggy's garden pieces...but I guess I can resist no longer. Don't know whether to thank you or curse you for that! I also love the wallpapers you chose. So cheerful, but not so bright/busy that I want to gouge out my eyeballs. I really need to work on using printed wallpapers more in my own building, I think. I also love the exterior walls. I'm gearing up to do some cottage-building, myself, and that one will come in handy. Wonder if there are timbered versions....? If not, I think I might have to make some. Yay, project.

Also, thank you for its unfurnished-ness. It's what I prefer and, although Moo did add that nice de-furnish feature to the Clean Installer, I sometimes feel guilty for using it, in a strange way. (As in, the creator did all that work to furnish/decorate, and I just make it all go away with the click of a checkbox. ) So, guilt-free downloading, thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 5:15 PM
This is too cute! I love the style, perhaps I'm getting old!
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#11 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:33 PM
I appreciate the link updates! I'm sure many other folks will be glad of them too.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 12:20 AM
What a sweet little house! I know my Grannie would've loved it - I think my Sim-Grans will too <3
Thanks!
Test Subject
#13 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 4:24 PM
about to try this without freetime. I'll redownload freetime if i have to tho........... i want this in my game........... even if i need to have stinky freetime
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Nov 2013 at 5:42 PM
I really like this house, but I've found a couple of issues with it; don't know if it's my game? The small round vents in the dormers are coming up as the maxis two tiled picture of the suspension bridge, and even though I downloaded the invisible recolor, the driveway is showing up as a normal driveway... except it's not registering as a driveway at all! The final minor issue is the wall, which I don't have the recolor for, but it's not showing up as anything at all. Other than that, I like this property very much. I'm just about to convert it to an apartment =]

You've never been a girl of a single color
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#15 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 2:46 PM
The house is the perfect fit for an elderly sim. The wall papers are just right, cozy and comforting. I love seeing a house by mustluvcatz.
Former Hamster
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Nov 2013 at 3:43 PM
Thanks Nix. (I'm trying to work on a couple more like this one.)

iCad - thanks AND you know that thing about the nooks & niches just makes me chuckle all evil-like, right? The wallpapers! You have no idea how many times I changed those until I was happy with them. The unfurnished-ness? It's what I prefer, too. Along with that, not everyone has the same decorating tastes so I won't force mine on anyone.

Thanks, LadyAngel.. I know I'm getting old, lol.

Cat - no problem!

Catherine - thanks.. and you know, I should try to make a sim version of my Grandma's house. I think it'd be interesting and I do believe I have any cc I might need for it. *ponders*

katvenus - Awwww. It's a shame you'd have to download an EP you don't want. I can't get the AnyGame starter to work on my computer, otherwise I'd use that. Did it work without Freetime?

Sabrielle - Hmmm.. well, did you install the CC before entering the lot the first time? That's what I was told needed to be done. And did you get/do you have the master mesh of Buggybooz' nooks & niches set? The vents - I'm pretty sure are basegame, so they should show up.. the driveway? Gosh, not sure why it won't work as a driveway. I did place it using moveobjects on but it works like it should in my game. (And I do that all the time.. love using cheats for everything, such a cheater am I, lol.) I wonder if deleting it and replacing it would help/fix it? Does the invisible recolor show up using the design tool? I feel bad that you have these issues - I really don't know why you are having them. Thanks for being willing to use the lot anyway. Hope the little bit of advice/input I do have helps you with it.

tricia - thank you!

Has anyone besides Sabrielle had any issues? I'll hold off uploading the next one until I'm sure about this one.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th May 2017 at 12:04 AM
Thank you