Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mina's "Worldwide" Skins + Default Replacements

by Mina M Posted 8th Jan 2014 at 9:46 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2015 at 9:22 AM by Mina M

50 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 36 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Jan 2014 at 4:49 PM
Very nice skins. Good to know I'm not the only person turned off by the "shiny" (plastic!) look that so many other people seem to like in their game!

I am curious about your "Asian" female model (fourth picture, I think) specifically her eyes: How did you manage to get them to look so nicely Asian? I am having trouble making my "Asian" Sims have appropriately Asian-shaped eyes, so am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Again, these are very nice skins & I am glad you decided to share them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2014 at 11:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zirconia Wolf
Very nice skins. Good to know I'm not the only person turned off by the "shiny" (plastic!) look that so many other people seem to like in their game!

I am curious about your "Asian" female model (fourth picture, I think) specifically her eyes: How did you manage to get them to look so nicely Asian? I am having trouble making my "Asian" Sims have appropriately Asian-shaped eyes, so am wondering what I am doing wrong.

Again, these are very nice skins & I am glad you decided to share them.

Thanks Zirconia Wolf! I'm glad you liked my creation
For the Asian face I used bodyshop, if after using it, you still have troubles, let me know, so I will show you the way!
(The Sims 2 is not installed on this PC I'm working with now, so I can't help you right now! Sorry. But I'm waiting for your reply.)
THANKS POST
#4 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 5:50 PM
Awesome!
THANKS POST
#5 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 10:26 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 18th Feb 2014 at 8:26 PM
Very well done!
I could never make somthing like this.
Its amazing!
Have you ever created pets?
If you have please let me know i would love to downlod a anamial. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Feb 2014 at 9:07 PM
Thank you very much. I was going to try to create skins myself, but while trying to find a good tutorial on google I found the link to the skin downlaods on google. Yours was the first one I clicked on. I liked the way they looked, so I snagged em. I just downloaded them, now I am preparing to install them. Again, thanks. Now I don't have to worry about making any just yet, not until I get into human aliens, anyway, lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 5:27 AM
Really beautiful. Thank you!
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd May 2014 at 10:56 AM
Thank You
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Jun 2014 at 2:10 PM
Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 10:35 PM
Thank you!! i was just looking for male hair in skintones, did you draw all the hair? cant wait to try them out
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gyvier
Thank you!! i was just looking for male hair in skintones, did you draw all the hair? cant wait to try them out

Thanks for your kind comment
Yes, I drew all the hair ^___^
THANKS POST
#13 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 8:29 AM
thank
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 7:55 PM
Now that I have The Sims2 again I forgot how awful the default skins were, thanks for the fix!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Jul 2014 at 2:18 AM
obrigado
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 1st Aug 2014 at 6:46 PM
Lovely skin! Thanks!
Test Subject
#17 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 3:48 PM
hi, can I ask are these skins Genetized?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 7:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DaphSmiles
hi, can I ask are these skins Genetized?

Hi, no they're not :/
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 3:31 PM
I Love these skins the hair is not so great though well anyway thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 7:08 PM
this is so well done
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Oct 2014 at 1:23 AM
Thanks Mina for these beautiful skin tones; much appreciated. One thing I wanted to alert you of . . . since using the default replacement files (and only the default replacements) I've been getting very odd looking babies/newborns (please see the top picture on this page: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...by_Face_Problem ). It was suggested on that page to alert creators of this issue, so I'm doing so. Just so you know, when the babies age up to toddlers, they look fine and this issue only is a problem during the Baby stage of life. In the event that it matters, I'm using The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:30 PM
These are beautiful. I especially love that there different hues for each specific tone, pinkish, tannish and olive. Perfect. I was wondering if there would be a pale pinkish skintone? The current one is tannish, and while I will lovingly abuse that color too, there's a specific sim in my game that has very pinkish pale skin.

Oh, and thank you so much for the hairy skintones. I love my guy sims having arm hair.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 13th Oct 2014 at 3:40 PM
thankssss
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miska
Thanks Mina for these beautiful skin tones; much appreciated. One thing I wanted to alert you of . . . since using the default replacement files (and only the default replacements) I've been getting very odd looking babies/newborns (please see the top picture on this page: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...by_Face_Problem ). It was suggested on that page to alert creators of this issue, so I'm doing so. Just so you know, when the babies age up to toddlers, they look fine and this issue only is a problem during the Baby stage of life. In the event that it matters, I'm using The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection.

Thanks a lot
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 1:21 AM
Hi Mina what would the name of the file be after I have exxtracted it? Thanks I cant seem to remove it from the default
Page 1 of 3