Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bnefriends
(S)he was born in blood, just like in the TV show Dexter.

So I should name her Dexter? Serve her right.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

Give her glasses and name her Poindexter lol.
Forum Resident
#53 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 2:51 AM

Particularly if her last name is Morgan.
Scholar
#54 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 12:25 AM
The first time I got a fire in the Sims 2 was the some of the scariest shit I'd ever seen.
It all started with the teed dude who was frying pancakes or and omelettes. He caught fire then his twin sister, then the mum got stuck in the kitchen and she also caught fire. The poor grandpa was surrounded by three screaming people who were literally being fried alive.
After the fire died down, grandpa was all stinky and heart broken from his loss.

That unpleasant experience was because I forgot to add the smoke alarm AND the telephone
Oopsiedasies
Mad Poster
#55 Old 25th Dec 2013 at 3:34 AM
Yeah, the greying out of buy mode is not helpful when you're thinking, shit I forgot the alarm/phone. XD
Test Subject
#56 Old 27th Dec 2013 at 2:16 AM
So ehh I made a theme town based off a chapter book I wrote in the 4th or 5th grade. I had been playing the family of the mean girl and trying to make her have a bad relationship with the protagonist of the story. I had the family on free will and while I wasn't paying attention, the Daddy decided to cook macaroni and cheese which erupted into one hell of a fire.

I loved making elaborate, spacy kitchens with a dozen countertops and tables. The entire kitchen burned down. Thanks to the panic action, all of the family piled into the kitchen panicking until they caught on fire. Meanwhile, the child sim was jumping on the bed gleefully as his entire family died. Social worker came, Grim Reaper collected the bodies and that was the end to my theme town.

For a long time, I made sure never to use free will again.

But now I do because otherwise, the game would get boring.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 6:14 PM
I have to regret using maxmotives constantly because my sims don't cook anymore because I keep bumping up their motives (argh) but there's always the campfire/bonfire or the npcs.

Желаю счастья и успехов для всех олимпийцев - I wish you happiness and success for all Olympians
Formerly "ZedzKay" - Thank you Leefish <3

I live on the forums.
Thank you to all creators for the CC that is available for me and for everyone
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 11:45 PM
My personal favorite story occurred just after I installed Seasons and was still figuring out how temperatures worked. I had two sims who were pretty much constantly woohooing (autonomously with ACR). Like, they already had 4 kids and kept getting warning messages from the social worker because they ignored said kids in favor of going at it for hours at a time.

Anyway, I was on one part of the house watching the kids play and I scrolled over to check on the parents... only to find them and the bed on fire. They woohooed so much they spontaneously combusted -_-
Mad Poster
#59 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 12:54 AM
Fire in bed? Naaaaa...really?

Scholar
#60 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 1:12 AM
In my early days as a Simmer, I had many a problem with mysterious flames. I was playing the Gosselin household (A CAS I made in Bitville) and suddenly poor Kate bursts into flames, then he kids along with her, living only John left upstairs on the computer.

Then, when I was playing another CAS family in Pleasantview, the stove mysteriously caught fire even though nothing was cooking and I couldn't get anyone to put it out so everyone there died.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 1:44 AM

It didn't actually happen IN the bed, I don't think. I'm pretty sure they finished, got out of the bed, and then one of them caught fire because their temperature was too high. It was a small room so it probably spread to the bed and then the other sim really quick.

I'm pretty sure that was the only time I ever had a sim spontaneously combust... The chances of it happening are supposed to be really tiny, aren't they?
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 2:29 AM
When I first started playing Sims 2, I didn't know that they could have twins. So one day, this pregnant woman is at home alone while her husband is at work, and she goes into labor while cooking. The screen comes up...there are TWO new babies on the way! o.0 Midway through labor, the stove begins to burn, and she still has labor with the second baby. Needless to say, she sets the first baby on the floor next to the burning stove to have the second, and THE BABY CATCHES ON FIRE. So I start yelling 'Don't panic, baby on fire!' and my mom thought I was going crazy.

Long story short, she had both babies, I managed to get her to put out the fire, and as we've learned, babies are indestructible without CC (which I had none of at the time), so all was well.

I also once had a nanny set the kitchen on fire while the parents were away at work. While the nanny burned up in the kitchen doing the fire dance, a random passerby sprinted in, grabbed the baby out of the crib, set it on the sidewalk, and then casually strolled away. I always have passing townies or even playables who aren't from that lot rescue the kids and leave, gray woman or fire safety skill or not. Thankfully, in that particular case, the parents got home on time to avoid losing their baby to CPS, and good riddance to the stupid nanny.

Great stories, everybody!
Meet Me In My Next Life
#63 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 2:29 AM
Way back around 2006, I ran across two ladies at Best Buy store and over heard them talking about the Sims 2 ( how excited they seem to be ) so not knowing one single thing about the game.
I purchase the basic game and then loaded it on to my computer, to make a long story short, I first started playing the Pleasants family and in two Sims day I kill the whole darn family. ( with fire )
Because I did not know they needed some cooking skills, or that the Pleasants was in need of a smoke alarm, It was really scary to me, even more so when this character appeared "The Grim Reaper."

Than out of no where I got this pop - up telling me congratulation if you intended to kill out a whole family then you done so, if not shame on you. That fire and killing the whole Pleasants family haunted me for days on end.
Even until this very day every time I see that family I feel so guilty, I guess that why they are special to me in the game now.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#64 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 3:45 AM

I had a cigarette accessory once that stayed on in pyjamas. Some of my sims really should have had fire in bed lol.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 1:16 PM
The Strange family in Merkwürdighausen (Strangetown) had a son who has a kid used to kick the trash can over and over again. So I thought about coming back to him one day when he'd be an adult... like unsuccessful career, isolated life, death or the like. Xavier (that's his name) became a teen and his parents had another baby. Due to room problems, the crib was in the big room that included living room, dinner room, entrance and kitchen. And someone just HAD to start a fire while cooking. Xavier was the first one to run towards the baby, take it out of the crib, run out of the house and so saved its life. Guess Xavier will now have a happy life *G (I know I'm mean sometimes, I'm currently compensating for years of being too nice to my sims, fulfilling all their wishes and letting them lead endless lives)
Field Researcher
#66 Old 30th Jan 2014 at 4:19 PM
Dora Ottomas tried to make a Baked Alaska while, in typical Ottomas fashion, most of her needs were failing, and the stove caught on fire. She extinguished the fire and managed to get the Baked Alaska out before it burned. I cracked up when I saw her pull out a match and remembered that's what they do to Baked Alaskas. She tried to light the cake but it got too hot and she dropped it, setting herself on fire. I thought it was such a funny way to die that I didn't let any of them put her out. David died of fright from seeing Dora's ghost and Sharla died of hunger as a Teen. Peter brought Stella Roth home from work and had Casual Woohoo with her, and Samantha broke up with him. He took custody of the uglier twin girl because the twins had grown up badly and were fighting all the time; they needed to be separated. Tommy used the 14,000 simoleans they had left to resurrect his dead siblings. They came back without skills. Now I'm going to marry Samantha to Malcolm Landgraab and resurrect Dora perfectly. Then make Samantha have horribly ugly blond Landgraab babies.
Field Researcher
#67 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 6:39 PM
So I've just come out of the game and I can't believe what happened.

The Curious sisters (Lola and Chloe) are living with Chloe's husband Ripp Grunt, who recently broke their computer, and their daughter Leila. Since Lola needed some mechanical skill points to get a promotion in her medical career, I figured she'd be a good choice to fix the computer as she already had 4 skill points too. What a mistake.

About thirty sim minutes in, the screen switched to Lola and I saw that she'd been electrocuted! Okay, so she got up from the computer and that's when it happened. The computer went up in flames, and Lola went into aspiration failure.

Of course Ripp ran to get Leila to safety, since she's only a toddler, and that left Chloe panicking by the fire. I wish I'd called the fire brigade now, but it was only a small fire at first so I figured Ripp could handle it once he came back, and he did that. He managed to get the fire down to 1 square, so I figured it would be over.. Only when I saw him go up in flames I knew that somebody was going to die. Chloe and Lola to the rescue.. or not. Once Chloe went up in flames, I was quick to get Lola to call the brigade.

Sadly the fire fighter came to late. Just as he started putting out the flames, Ripp turned into ashes, shortly followed by Chloe. Then Lola went into aspiration failure.. just my darn luck!

Then came the grim reaper.. and with Lola in aspiration failure, I couldn't do anything apart from watch Ripp and Chloe's soul be taken away by him, leaving me with two urns to show for it. Once he had gone, how convenient, Lola got back up from her second mini breakdown. I now have an Olive Specter and Ophelia situation (who I killed for an interesting plot with Johnny).

Leila is now left without a mummy or daddy and is in aspiration hell.. Lola isn't much better. You know, I originally had Circe Beaker moved in with them as she and Loki had split up and Loki remarried to Lazlo Curious but that didn't last so Circe moved back in with Loki.. I really wish I hadn't done that now RIP Chloe and Ripp!

Instructor
#68 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 7:09 PM
Although fires are a common occurance in sim kitchens, my favorite moment was there. I had one family new and I'm training them to cook. Instead of raing, three members of the family storm the kitchen simultaneously. I put out two fires within half-hour of game time. At the third fire, I decided to simply watch. The child dies, the parents die, the grandmother dies, but there was a missing tombstone. The game bug here became entertainig and useful. A teen who was the flirst to fall to fire, but her tombstone could not be found. I finally tracked her down and she turned out to be the soap opera " BUT WAIT, SHE APPEARS NEXT WEEK MIRACULOUSLY SURVIVED THE FIRE!" .. Now that girl is grown up and goes to restaurants, but she refuses to cook anything.
Scholar
#69 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 11:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Euan
So I've just come out of the game and I can't believe what happened.

The Curious sisters (Lola and Chloe) are living with Chloe's husband Ripp Grunt, who recently broke their computer, and their daughter Leila. Since Lola needed some mechanical skill points to get a promotion in her medical career, I figured she'd be a good choice to fix the computer as she already had 4 skill points too. What a mistake.

About thirty sim minutes in, the screen switched to Lola and I saw that she'd been electrocuted! Okay, so she got up from the computer and that's when it happened. The computer went up in flames, and Lola went into aspiration failure.

Of course Ripp ran to get Leila to safety, since she's only a toddler, and that left Chloe panicking by the fire. I wish I'd called the fire brigade now, but it was only a small fire at first so I figured Ripp could handle it once he came back, and he did that. He managed to get the fire down to 1 square, so I figured it would be over.. Only when I saw him go up in flames I knew that somebody was going to die. Chloe and Lola to the rescue.. or not. Once Chloe went up in flames, I was quick to get Lola to call the brigade.

Sadly the fire fighter came to late. Just as he started putting out the flames, Ripp turned into ashes, shortly followed by Chloe. Then Lola went into aspiration failure.. just my darn luck!

Then came the grim reaper.. and with Lola in aspiration failure, I couldn't do anything apart from watch Ripp and Chloe's soul be taken away by him, leaving me with two urns to show for it. Once he had gone, how convenient, Lola got back up from her second mini breakdown. I now have an Olive Specter and Ophelia situation (who I killed for an interesting plot with Johnny).

Leila is now left without a mummy or daddy and is in aspiration hell.. Lola isn't much better. You know, I originally had Circe Beaker moved in with them as she and Loki had split up and Loki remarried to Lazlo Curious but that didn't last so Circe moved back in with Loki.. I really wish I hadn't done that now RIP Chloe and Ripp!

Why didn't you just not save?
Mad Poster
#70 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 2:27 AM
WOw, so many things I've never seen! Catching on fire from overheating (I've heard of it with the hot tub too, but never seen it), objects and people catching on fire from electricity, being scared to death. I even have a "more disease" mod, but nobody dies of illness! I must just be too nice...

Alchemist
#71 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 6:25 AM
New bride and groom, got their first apartment, had a lovely fireplace at the foot of their bed. Yep, you guessed it. The poor bride burned but the groom escaped. I stared at that for the longest time deciding whether or not to save. Then - I saved. Had to preserve such a tragedy. *SOB*
Field Researcher
#72 Old 4th Feb 2014 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lord St.Croix
Why didn't you just not save?

I had the opportunity for great story telling so stuck with it, as much as it pained me to do so.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 12:04 AM
I wanted drinking from the bar to have some kind of effect on my Sims, so I have a rule that for every drink they have, I can't control them for 1 sim hour. One drink doesn't usually matter, but leaving them to several hours of their own stupidity can have some dodgy effects! Recently one of my Sims somewhat overindulged and went off to work with his dinner still in the oven. His wife came home to find the entire kitchen on fire and nearly lost her life in the process. That led to many arguments and I'm still rebuilding their relationship.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 12:21 AM
Rebeccah Vida was one of the many children of Zion Vida and destined to be a sister wife to Robert Vida. Instead, she decided to take her toddler twin siblings, Ivy and Trent, run away from the Vida home, and raise the children on her own. She managed to raise them until they were teens but was soon taken by the plague. Ivy and Trent also had the plague but fought it for over a sim week, saving each other multiple times from the reaper. When they finally got over the plague (read: When I got tired of it and cheated to cure them) I thought they were going to live fairly happy lives. However, Trent decided to cook something...and leave it in the stove.

There is no fire station in this hood, so once the stove caught, then the fridge, cabinets, and rest of the kitchen quickly did the same. Trent stupidly ran into the corner to be surrounded by flames while he was trying to put them out, and Ivy stayed on the outer edges trying to extinguish the inferno. Trent quickly caught fire but somehow went out before he died, but he caught fire again minutes later and soon burned to death. Ivy didn't have time to save him since she was still trying to put the fire out herself, but was soon overcome by the flames.

The two had overcome so much together with the loss of their sister and then fighting their way through the plague, only to be brought down in flames....

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#75 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alliekat2000
In The Sims 3, I was having a costume party at my home. We danced, we played bobbing for apples, it was all fine and dandy.

To make the time more festive or whatever, I decided I would set off some firecrackers. Seems nice, right? Well, it wasn't, considering the party was inside of my house.
There was a fire in the middle of the living room and there were, like, 20 sims or something screaming and hopping from foot to foot like sims normally do when they see a fire. After a while we put it out, and I have learned my lesson

You got so many disagrees because this is a Sims 2 forum, not the Sims 3 - just in case you are wondering!

Желаю счастья и успехов для всех олимпийцев - I wish you happiness and success for all Olympians
Formerly "ZedzKay" - Thank you Leefish <3

I live on the forums.
Thank you to all creators for the CC that is available for me and for everyone
Page 3 of 4