Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Resources for Hidden Springs's various Fixes

by ellacharmed Posted 21st Dec 2013 at 6:16 AM - Updated 21st Dec 2013 at 6:36 AM by ellacharmed

6 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 3 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Dec 2013 at 4:36 PM Last edited by ellacharmed : 22nd Dec 2013 at 4:13 AM. Reason: links!
Don't hesitate to tell me that there's still lag. This first pass has hardly any playtesting done on it at all. I'll be tweaking the fixes as I get reports .

As mentioned in the What was done section, only corrective routing painting was done (circled in yellow in image#1) on steep and blank/disjointed dots & lines. And now, with that narrow tunnel vision out of the way and with some incoming reports, I noticed the routing pathway to the Redwood Peak is now cut off since I have painted over all the red spots now. I've tried tweaking the terrain, and it won't smooth out so as to not get any red steep areas. When I smooth out one area, another steep red spot appears.

There's also so many spawners up the side of the mountain on the other side of the waterfall. Really, do Sims hike up there to collect those?

These 2 areas are circled in yellow in the 2nd image. What is the consensus about this Redwood Peak venue? Can I make an executive decision and remove this Lot and all the spawners around it? As well as those up that mountain-side?

ETA with above-proposed changes.
I've done the edits, see which one has lesser lags...
Hidden Springs.world without Redwood Peak venue and spawners removed (available in the Testing folder from my siggy)
the 1st version of fixed Hidden Springs.world based on the Resources of this download thread (link available in my Wordpress blog post for this world)
Screenshots
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 7:28 PM
Default thanks
thanks so much i had it but it wouldnt work
In the Arena
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 2:59 AM
@magsterr92,
thanks so much but I need more than "it wouldnt work" to help...
wouldn't work how? Crash? Game hang and froze? Hear weird sounds? Get flashing lights?
What is "it"? The downloading don't work? The unzipping? The recompressing? The importing? The game, with the imported fixes?

Be sure to include your game version.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:52 PM
Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 3:19 PM
*laughs hard* That's not even a .ZIP or a .RAR file!!!!!!! That's gotta be some .alien file that we do not know XD
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ellacharmed
@magsterr92,
thanks so much but I need more than "it wouldnt work" to help...
wouldn't work how? Crash? Game hang and froze? Hear weird sounds? Get flashing lights?
What is "it"? The downloading don't work? The unzipping? The recompressing? The importing? The game, with the imported fixes?

Be sure to include your game version.

THAT'S NOT A .ZIP FILE!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA