Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Bearly Bodysuits

by fakepeeps7 Posted 10th Jan 2014 at 8:39 PM

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Instructor
#2 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 9:01 PM
In reading another on another modding forum it has come to my attention that it may be possible for people with any EP to use the clothes if they are flagged as townie-friendly -- as in, when babies are born they will spawn dressed in a custom baby outfit at random, just like sims would at any other life stage. The clothing chooser/purchaser is what requires Pets or higher. I unfortunately don't have a PC and can't use AGS to test this.... is there anyone who can experiment?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 10:16 PM
It is possible to townify them for them to spawn randomly. The clothing chooser needs Pets or higher, according to CH. He's one of the modders who knows his stuff, so there's probably some game code from the higer EPs in the item, otherwise he'd said something else.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It is possible to townify them for them to spawn randomly. The clothing chooser needs Pets or higher, according to CH. He's one of the modders who knows his stuff, so there's probably some game code from the higer EPs in the item, otherwise he'd said something else.

They're not townified. I'm not sure what would happen if I townified the outfits and then someone without the required EPs had a baby. Would they get nothing but a floating baby head? Creepy...

At this point, I would assume that most people playing the game have at least one EP beyond Pets. If not, there are plenty of default-replacement baby clothes out there to choose from.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 11:23 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Jan 2014 at 2:49 AM.
Townified outfits behave pretty much like EAxis outfits, in that townies (or newly generated sims) will spawn with them. Regardless of having the EPs or not, the babies would get an outfit when they're born, or upon the first visit to the lot. The mod would only be needed if you want to change the outfit. Only the mod requires the EPs. So if outfits are not townified, people without an EP higher than Pets won't be able to use them anyway.

Also, since the diaper is still an option with these outfits, they won't spawn as headless babies either way. They'll either get the diaper or a townified baby outfit. You can actually use default replacements in addition to the non-defaults, instead of the diaper (two, as usual).

I think Hat's medieval outfits are townified, but I've not actually used them since I don't play medieval. I prefer non-townified baby outfits, mainly because I have outfits such as costumes or outerwear I keep in two different categories, and I'd rather have the babies pop out wearing diapers than a full winter suit with a hat, or looking like a butterfly (imagine the shock)... Although I do admit it would have been fun for alien sims XD

If you want to, you can townify them either in SimPE or with the wardrobe wrangler.
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Jan 2014 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think Hat's medieval outfits are townified, but I've not actually used them since I don't play medieval. I prefer non-towniefied baby outfits.

They are, I have them in my ToT hood and the babies are born wearing the outfits at random. No mod required.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th Jan 2014 at 7:57 PM
Yay! More outfits for my little babies. My legacy people are in university, so when they get out I want a baby boom!!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 5:28 PM
Onesies! At last the baby won't freeze to death in that diaper with no blankets in the cribs.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#9 Old 12th Jan 2014 at 9:49 PM
Awwww.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 14th Jan 2014 at 3:07 AM
Omg these are so adorable!
THANKS POST
#11 Old 20th Jan 2014 at 5:42 PM
Too Cute!!!!
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Jan 2014 at 2:27 AM
Sooo cute! But, how do I use it ?
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jun 2014 at 8:02 AM
Cute
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM
Thanks for these! They are lovely. Could i possibly make a request? I would love it if you could make vests the same as these but just plain without the hats in differant colours? For example, Pink, White, Lilac, Light Blue etc. That would be amazing. Again, thank you for these!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 3:43 AM
thank u cx
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 7:08 PM
It is so lovely to have clothes for the babies at last. Thank you for these.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Jul 2015 at 8:26 PM
Your creations are AMAZING! Thank you so much! :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 7th Jun 2016 at 3:05 AM
I like these. I like everything you make!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 9:35 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 15th Aug 2022 at 4:56 AM
BABY BEARS! These are SOOO cute, thank you very much! Makes me want to leap into the screen and cuddle my sims' babies!