Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Lionspau's Default Face Templates

by Lionspau Posted 24th Jan 2014 at 1:52 PM - Updated 24th Jan 2014 at 10:45 PM by Lionspau

41 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 13 Feedback Posts, 27 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 2:47 PM
What's the argon_archfix file?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 4:17 PM
I really like these, but I have a question. If I have default face templates already in, and I switch them out with your set - would that do something weird to my sims that had been created with those defaults or carried genetics from those default face structures? Or would all the current sims just keep that same old template faces and then any new ones would have yours?
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 5:00 PM
Oh never mind, I found on another thread that replacing templates shouldn't affect any current sims's faces. I will try these thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 9:54 PM
These are really nice! Thanks for sharing!

@Nysha: Aragon's "arch fix" allows templates #21 & #25 to work for all ages, as by default they only work for the Adult+ stages since Maxis borked the code for some strange reason. (I've had it & the Alien/Elf template unlockers in my game for so long I often forget that the original game didn't work that way! LOL!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
What's the argon_archfix file?
My apologies, the argon archfix was something that I used when creating the templates. It is not necessary. You can just trash it and I will edit my download file to remove it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 10:34 PM
Love the diversity in facial features! You clearly put a lot of work into this, and I for one applaud you :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 3:38 PM
This is the kind of thing I've been wanting ever since I knew face templates existed. Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 6:44 PM Last edited by gazania : 26th Jan 2014 at 7:17 PM.
I'm one of those who has combined different templates. I like the sharp difference in the faces when I mix and match. Lionspau templates comprise several of my templates. Thank you for still another great effort! :)
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 8:26 AM
Oh how i wish i could have these without replacing anything
Test Subject
#11 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 12:50 PM
They look beautiful and I'd like to use them, but are they default replacements? Because I'd also like to keep the Maxis faces.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 11:31 PM
Hi Lionspau,
I'm currently in the process of converting DFRs like yours into non default for my own use. Do you have interest in adding them to your upload? At the moment I haven't converted any of your files and it takes approx. one hour to edit one of them, but if you say yes I'm happy to give you copies of them when I'm finished.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheran
Hi Lionspau,
I'm currently in the process of converting DFRs like yours into non default for my own use. Do you have interest in adding them to your upload? At the moment I haven't converted any of your files and it takes approx. one hour to edit one of them, but if you say yes I'm happy to give you copies of them when I'm finished.

ABSOLUTELY!!! And from some of the comments I have gotten, I am sure there are other people who would appreciate your efforts too. When it comes to choices...I believe "the more the merrier!" By the way, the originals were pretty time consuming as well, so I feel for you and certainly appreciate what you are attempting to do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 29th Jan 2014 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by irisvanpolen
They look beautiful and I'd like to use them, but are they default replacements? Because I'd also like to keep the Maxis faces.

Yes, they are default, so they will replace your existing faces. However, Cheran has mentioned that she might try to make some of them "non-default", so they can be used in addition to your existing faces. It is time consuming, so it might be a while.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 1st Feb 2014 at 6:43 PM
Thanks a bunch for these new replacement faces. You must have put a lot of work and long hours into them. It is very much appreciated.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 2:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ReALty
Thanks a bunch for these new replacement faces. You must have put a lot of work and long hours into them. It is very much appreciated.

You are very much welcome!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Mar 2014 at 4:29 PM
I like it
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 10:19 AM
Great! Thanks :0)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 1:27 AM
Have been looking for a set like this forever! So happy that all the faces look different. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 2:34 AM
Oh man, this will save me a lot of time. I hate everybody having the same face. Now they won't. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 5th Apr 2014 at 9:04 AM
These faces are adorable. I am in love. Thank you so very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Apr 2014 at 1:55 PM
great!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 4th May 2014 at 3:30 PM
First time I am going to replace some Maxi templates - I don't find them that ugly :) However, that redhead man of yours (18, I think) is totally adorable! And your faces are interesting - which I really like. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 16th May 2014 at 1:20 AM
wow I love how diverse these are! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Jul 2014 at 7:40 PM
Thank you ! :)
Page 1 of 2