Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Charmingville Farm

by triciamanly Posted 23rd Jan 2014 at 4:35 AM

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 5 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Link Ninja
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 6:54 AM
Default Excellent Farm!
My word!!! This is a fabulous farm I love the silo and the barn! Also the charming farm house is so well decorated and has all the excellent taste for a farm life. My sims are going to have a great time 'living off the land' and breeding corgis Thank you so much for making this, I am so excited to use it! :lovestruc

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 7:17 AM
This lot looks fantastic!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 7:46 AM
Love the country feel that this cottage has, Anne
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 1:11 PM
This is great. I've been looking for this forever lol. Thank you
Alchemist
Original Poster
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
My word!!! This is a fabulous farm I love the silo and the barn! Also the charming farm house is so well decorated and has all the excellent taste for a farm life. My sims are going to have a great time 'living off the land' and breeding corgis Thank you so much for making this, I am so excited to use it! :lovestruc

So glad you like it Charmful! I was thinking of me grandparents' house in Texas when I was building it. I'm always happy to get a request from you.

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 1:41 PM
I appreciate your comments so much! Farming is hard work for Sims though, it's easier to just watch them get in a car and go to work!

[I]Pet loving children will love my new book, "My Talking Dachshund", available at Amazon.com[/I
]
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 26th Jan 2014 at 9:54 AM
It really does look like a charming ol' place; perfect for sitting on one of the porches on a hazy summer evening, watching the sun setting across the fields. It kind of makes me miss my family's farm back home; city living just cannot compare with the beauty of living in the countryside, in my opinion. And that's a feeling that this lot captures very well. It reminds me of your Route 1 Rural Texas house too.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Jan 2014 at 9:26 PM
Fergus, I know you love the country! Hope you'll be living there one day and writing about it because you have a knack for that too. This is the same farm I house that inspired Route 1 Rural Texas, mainly because it's the only one I have really experienced. That house had two front doors off the porch, the hallway back to the kitchen, the two bedrooms and the sitting room, but it also had a sort of family room where my grandmother slept and another bedroom adjoining the sitting room where Granddad slept. He passed away peacefully in that room too. The old house only had one bathroom, no airconditioning or central heating. They had an evaporative cooler in one room and little gas fireplaces in the other rooms. I have lots of memories of that house! Thanks so much for your comment!

]
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 8:02 AM
Love the barn and silo! Great Job! Thanks!
Link Ninja
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 8:15 AM
@Triciamanly

I finally got this farm a-going! Read about it here and pictures are located here
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@Triciamanly

I finally got this farm a-going! Read about it here and pictures are located here

I loved reading the story and seeing the pictures! I've always wanted to do that, try to have a Sim who is self sufficient. Once I built a so called moon colony which I uploaded, I think, to the exchange, that had the trees, garden, and little lake, but I never played it myself! Charmful, thanks so much for sharing your inspiring creativity!

]
Link Ninja
#13 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 6:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by triciamanly
I loved reading the story and seeing the pictures! I've always wanted to do that, try to have a Sim who is self sufficient. Once I built a so called moon colony which I uploaded, I think, to the exchange, that had the trees, garden, and little lake, but I never played it myself! Charmful, thanks so much for sharing your inspiring creativity!

@triciamanly I'm glad you got to take a peek and liked them! I am so in love playing this lot, there is so much to do and keep up with! I played it into the winter season and if you are interested in a part 2 you can read it here (Link to pictures in post)

And a moon colony sounds (forgive the pun) out of this world! I never had a chance toget on the exchange before they took it down - was your colony in a glass dome-type structure to simulate keeping the air in?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Mar 2016 at 1:58 AM
thank you