Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hot Tub Recolors

by iCad Posted 31st Jan 2014 at 2:30 AM

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1 Feedback Posts, 15 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 5:37 AM
You actually found a song I wasn't familiar with! *shame on me, I know* ...that will be rectified soon

These look SOOOO much nicer now. And with the default snugly in place, I may actually use these things now! Thanks!
Undead Molten Llama
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 6:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
You actually found a song I wasn't familiar with! *shame on me, I know* ...that will be rectified soon

These look SOOOO much nicer now. And with the default snugly in place, I may actually use these things now! Thanks!

Oh, honey, I know and have 'em all, including Freddie's solo stuff, and Roger's solo stuff, and Brian's solo stuff. Pathetic? Me? What makes you think so? "Get Down, Make Love" is on "News of the World," the same album from which "We Will Rock You" and "We Are the Champions" came. And I'm sure it's on YouTube. It's worth a listen not just for the racy (for 1977, anyway) lyrics but also for the instrumental stuff in the middle...which was NOT made with synthesizers, but simply with Brian's awesome guitar. It's pretty mind-blowing when listened to with that knowledge in mind, actually.

But anyway! Yes, the above-ground tub is much more palatable without the stupid lattice. At least, I think so. And the in-ground one can be very versatile with different sorts of textures on the surround. I just wish I could get the tub part to be whitish instead of blue-ish. Working on it!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 4:56 PM
Thank you so much for the link to the default and for your wonderful recolors!
Field Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 4:49 PM Last edited by Cher64 : 2nd Feb 2014 at 4:50 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Wow! First of all, thank you for the fantastic recolors AND Freddie Mercury shout out. Second, thank you for putting in the time to search out the default replacement so I didn't have to do it myself.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 12:49 PM
I love the recolors and esp. the in ground...thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 8:09 AM
Thanks So much am going to enjoy these colors, especially the white and burnished amber.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st May 2014 at 11:02 PM
Thank you so much. I've been trying to get the above ground hot tub without the lattice for ages; I had almost given up. The recolors are great.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 3:16 AM
you are a beautiful human being and I love you, these and all your recolors are absolutely lovely
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 23rd Aug 2014 at 2:14 PM
They're amazing in wood
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 7:24 PM
Much needed, thanks a lot.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#12 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 1:11 PM
I didn't realize that it was the lattice that limited placement of the aboveground tub. Also, it does look better without it, Thanks for the link to the replacement.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st May 2015 at 9:01 PM
Thanks for uploading the default tubs without the lattice and hearts, poppet's link isn't working either! Also thanks for the recolors, they are so needed!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 12:42 PM
Yay, recolours for the h-tubs!! I'd rather work with recolours than with new objects, so I must thank you, especially for the sunken hot-tub but I must defend the poor lattice, sir! I don't know how, but I'll keep thinking...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 13th Feb 2016 at 7:36 PM
The download to the default hot tub isn't working. LOVE the recolours though!!!
Undead Molten Llama
Original Poster
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KILLERmiles
The download to the default hot tub isn't working. LOVE the recolours though!!!

Glad you like the recolors, thanks.

The download for the default isn't working because it's hosted on Box, which is now a pain about resetting bandwidth. They won't do it manually, so you have to contact them to do it and....Well, it's a pain in the butt. Fortunately, there's a workaround that works most of the time.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#17 Old 19th Apr 2016 at 10:31 PM
Thank you so much! They look very elegant and lovely. :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 11th Jan 2018 at 2:30 PM
I don't even have the sims 2 installed at the moment,but the second I saw the name I knew I gotta click on the link.
I am an avid Queen fan.