Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 4:58 AM
Misty, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write the 3 Doomsday challenges. I'm having a lot of fun playing them (as well as your other challenges).
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 7th Mar 2014 at 5:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jess343434
Misty, I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write the 3 Doomsday challenges. I'm having a lot of fun playing them (as well as your other challenges).

Thanks, that's so kind of you to say! I'm thrilled that they can bring anyone enjoyment.
Instructor
#28 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 12:38 AM
I'd like to introduce you to the highly esteemed Dr.Elaine Boyer, the only surviving daughter of Octavian Boyer, who had dealt with the very early stages of the T-12 virus.
(Hooray for odd jaw shapes?)
Test Subject
#29 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 1:32 AM
Must Try this Challenge, great job on this. I am in the process of Part 1 :D
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 6:46 PM
I agree with Mysty It does look awesome. I'm giving up on trying to get my family from pt 1 transferred over. So, I am going to start this one from scratch some time today.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 8th Mar 2014 at 7:33 PM
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. I think I've very much flooded this forum with my challenges lol. The worst part is I'd put up more if I thought I wouldn't get hate mail for it
Instructor
#32 Old 9th Mar 2014 at 12:49 AM
Grrrr.. my game is having serious glitches. I hope at least one of the save files survives.
Instructor
#33 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 3:28 PM
Alright I -think- my game is fixed now.
I also got through my first 7-day period. :D
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 4:08 PM
Well, I finally got started creating my clinic. I decided there was no way I was going to get University to work right, right now. I am still going to use my girls from my first family though. They maxed out everything but science already. Shouldn't take to long to do that.

Most of what I am using in my clinic comes from the ITF expansion. I really, and I mean really, wanted to us the food simulators but Mysty has her rules :p~ I'm going to go back and finish working on that clinic and hit the next part of the mystery challenge. Somewhere in there I will finish the rules for the advanced version of VTM. I'm running around here like a chicken with her head cut off.
Field Researcher
#35 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 9:02 PM
Just curious. If you had a couple from pt 1 could you bring them both and the spouse of the doctor help, or just be there, or would the doctor have to leave them behind? Because the couple I want to bring is newly married but I'm almost at the end of the challenge...

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Instructor
#36 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
Just curious. If you had a couple from pt 1 could you bring them both and the spouse of the doctor help, or just be there, or would the doctor have to leave them behind? Because the couple I want to bring is newly married but I'm almost at the end of the challenge...

I'd say having one be the doctor and having one be the assistant would be fine. Or you could try to submit one of them to the colony. That's what I did with my sim and her father.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
Well, I finally got started creating my clinic. I decided there was no way I was going to get University to work right, right now. I am still going to use my girls from my first family though. They maxed out everything but science already. Shouldn't take to long to do that.

Most of what I am using in my clinic comes from the ITF expansion. I really, and I mean really, wanted to us the food simulators but Mysty has her rules :p~ I'm going to go back and finish working on that clinic and hit the next part of the mystery challenge. Somewhere in there I will finish the rules for the advanced version of VTM. I'm running around here like a chicken with her head cut off.

You are such a pain! You of all people know I encourage changing the rules if it means more fun for you! Use the replicators.

Yes, if you want to use one as the assistant, that's fine
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
You are such a pain! You of all people know I encourage changing the rules if it means more fun for you! Use the replicators.

Not more fun, just less work. LOL. My thought was that the food replicators would be an invention that makes sense since there aren't enough farmers let to keep growing food. You know one of those inventions of necessity instead of convenience. I would have used them anyway but the rules on meals and snacks are specific and I'm not sure you can program the replicators to deliver only what you want them to eat. An assistant you can.

That all may be here nor there, if I can't get the clinic built. I had a glitch trying to switch from buy to build mode to work on a different room. So I tried going back to the edit town screen and it just kept loading and loading... 15 minutes later it was still loading so I assumed it was locked up and rebooted the computer. So, how much I lost... whether the save is even salvageable... I just don't know yet. These bigger buildings tend to give my processor fits. Video card can handle it... the processor not so much. I may have to rethink the size. How small a room is too small? Will combining the gym with the common room help cut down on glitches?

As it is I took out my entire mod folder. Can you imagine? Me without my mods? I feel.... well... naked. LOL
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 4:26 AM
Could it be a problem with one of your mods? Sometimes I've had the occasional mod go wonky and start making my game do crazy things. Also, i'm assuming you have it, but overwatch is a miracle worker. I used to have fits with larger homes (once I'd move in the game would stick/lag). But since I've had overwatch, it's made HUGE differences in my game performance.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
Could it be a problem with one of your mods? Sometimes I've had the occasional mod go wonky and start making my game do crazy things. Also, i'm assuming you have it, but overwatch is a miracle worker. I used to have fits with larger homes (once I'd move in the game would stick/lag). But since I've had overwatch, it's made HUGE differences in my game performance.

no I am overwatch free. I've been thinking about adding it to the list but hubby said if I add one more he will never play the sims again. I can't blame him. Now that I removed the mod folder to my desktop.... The thing loads like five times faster. I may have to give it a shot though.

I haven't had too many problems since I finally got the clinic built except I may have inadvertently discovered a way to make it easier. I gave my doc the perceptive trait and usually she only has to know them about five minutes to learn everything but the last trait. It took me two sim days and four houses to finally find people who didn't roll as having the virus and don't have a bad trait in the first four traits. I know at least one of them is evil though. When I clicked on the bed so I could get her to wait on the exam, it gave me the evil slumber option. <sighs> I'm keeping this one until it says I figured out the trait.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 7:42 PM
Yay! I just finished the countdown! Time for Isolation!!!!

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Instructor
#42 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 7:55 PM
Yay! I just finished the countdown! Time for Isolation!!!!

Awesome to see you join me! I'd love to see pictures of your clinic.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
Awesome to see you join me! I'd love to see pictures of your clinic.

Well it's been 3 hours since I started the clinic and I'm not even finished... Is that a bad thing?

Also I have a dumb question. I'm not sure on how to post pictures.... Could you or somebody else explain it, well, easily? I don't really know how to do anything with the pictures lol.

Instructor
#44 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 10:22 PM
Well it's been 3 hours since I started the clinic and I'm not even finished... Is that a bad thing?

Also I have a dumb question. I'm not sure on how to post pictures.... Could you or somebody else explain it, well, easily?

Nope! It took me three hours total, and I kinda rushed mine at the end.

There's two ways to post pictures. The first way is to have them in the body of the post. Just upload the images you want to an image sharing site (I use photobucket), then go into advanced mode of the post, and you'll see picture of a photo along the toolbar. Click it, enter the URL of the photo into the box that comes up, and that's it.
The other way is to have them at the end of you post, as attachments. Go into advanced mode for the post, and scroll down. You'll see large text that says 'Manage Attachments', and then under that 'Image Upload'. From there you can upload them directly from your computer, without having to use an image sharing site.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 10:31 PM
Nope! It took me three hours total, and I kinda rushed mine at the end.

There's two ways to post pictures. The first way is to have them in the body of the post. Just upload the images you want to an image sharing site (I use photobucket), then go into advanced mode of the post, and you'll see picture of a photo along the toolbar. Click it, enter the URL of the photo into the box that comes up, and that's it.
The other way is to have them at the end of you post, as attachments. Go into advanced mode for the post, and scroll down. You'll see large text that says 'Manage Attachments', and then under that 'Image Upload'. From there you can upload them directly from your computer, without having to use an image sharing site.

Alright thanks! Hopefully I can figure it out... Not exactly the greatest with computers

Instructor
#46 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 10:35 PM
Alright thanks! Hopefully I can figure it out... Not exactly the greatest with computers

Let me know if you need any more help- computers are like my better half. :P
Field Researcher
#47 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 10:42 PM
Let me know if you need any more help- computers are like my better half. :P

Thanks. (probably a dumb question but...)Could I take the pictures in the game and upload them?

Instructor
#48 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 10:47 PM
Pressing the 'C' button while in the game will take a picture. After that, just go into your Documents- Electronic Arts- The Sims 3- Screenshots.
Your pictures should be there.
Field Researcher
#49 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 10:58 PM
Alright. Thanks SO MUCH for your help I cant wait to post the pictures!

Instructor
#50 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 11:00 PM
Hey, no problem! I can't wait to see them!
Page 2 of 5