Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#51 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 11:08 PM Last edited by Simlover7114 : 13th Mar 2014 at 7:55 PM.
Great I'll have them up (hopefully) sometime tonight!

Edit: Or maybe tomorrow...

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 8:33 PM Last edited by Simlover7114 : 15th Mar 2014 at 3:18 PM.
Well that's interesting... I sent my doctor to go to the university and the game messes up and is on the town thing where you begin accept with the university....

No more degrees D:<

"900 years of time and space, and I have never met someone who wasn't important."
Field Researcher
#53 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 9:01 PM
This is my building! Well most of it... Rest later! Hopefully it shows up...
Screenshots
Instructor
#54 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simlover7114
This is my building! Well most of it... Rest later! Hopefully it shows up...

That place is huge! Nicely done!
Field Researcher
#55 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 10:21 PM
Thanks! I worked quite a while it goes down to the 4th basement lol. I figured the testing is the only thing upstairs :P

Field Researcher
#56 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 12:10 AM
Well the second person I brought in was a bust... After 4 days of working with him (he was overweight) I found out he was a werewolf!

Field Researcher
#57 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 1:05 PM
Well I meant to upload this last night but sort of fell asleep...
Screenshots

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#58 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 1:51 PM
Well the second person I brought in was a bust... After 4 days of working with him (he was overweight) I found out he was a werewolf!

Aww. On days I did admitting, I brought in anywhere from 4 to 6 sims. The real key with this challenge was making sure I filled all the vacant houses in town (I just used the pre-made sims that you can choose from and put them in any vacant houses, if they didn't have the money, I used the "freerealestate" cheat.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 16th Mar 2014 at 11:50 PM
I usually take in about 1-4 so that I can have a few empty rooms. It's just a little easier to keep track of that way.

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 8:28 AM
Okay, I give up. This challenge has beat me. Like Simlover I couldn't get my doctor and assistant to transfer to university correctly. With the mods the game was to slow even with overwatch so I had to take them out. Then the people I was bringing in were bringing a lot of money with them and I couldn't keep up with how much of the money was actually mine. Now, when I try to switch characters for some reason it is trying to click on all of them at one time and I can't really get anyone to do anything. Clicking brings up no options on anything. When I try to move the person who appears to have caused the problem out, it moves out my doctor instead. I'm done. On to the colony and hopefully there won't be any more problems
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#61 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 11:01 AM Last edited by MistyDW : 17th Mar 2014 at 11:22 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien
Okay, I give up. This challenge has beat me. Like Simlover I couldn't get my doctor and assistant to transfer to university correctly. With the mods the game was to slow even with overwatch so I had to take them out. Then the people I was bringing in were bringing a lot of money with them and I couldn't keep up with how much of the money was actually mine. Now, when I try to switch characters for some reason it is trying to click on all of them at one time and I can't really get anyone to do anything. Clicking brings up no options on anything. When I try to move the person who appears to have caused the problem out, it moves out my doctor instead. I'm done. On to the colony and hopefully there won't be any more problems

I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem. When play testing Isolation, I did not experience any issues. I sent my doctor to college before I ever started the challenge though (she was in her own home at the time). As far as money, yes I did have people bringing money but I did several at once on certain days so I just jotted down what I had before and once they were all added, I did the familyfunds cheat and returned myself back to that amount.

To address an earlier comment by someone else, yes I did run into a lot of people who weren't quite right but I tried sending them through anyway (unless they had major issues). However if you are just absolutely not finding anyone the colony will accept, you can always try randomizing their traits and see if that works out any better. It's a bit of a cheat but if you're desperate, it's worth a shot.

It sounds like a lot of what you're describing are performance issues that aren't specifically related to the challenge. You could try operating it on a smaller scale (smaller building, fewer people) and see if that makes a difference.

Again, sorry to hear you're having issues.
Instructor
#62 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladykelien

Quote: Originally posted by MistyDW
I'm sorry to hear you're having a problem. When play testing Isolation, I did not experience any issues. I sent my doctor to college before I ever started the challenge though (she was in her own home at the time). As far as money, yes I did have people bringing money but I did several at once on certain days so I just jotted down what I had before and once they were all added, I did the familyfunds cheat and returned myself back to that amount.

To address an earlier comment by someone else, yes I did run into a lot of people who weren't quite right but I tried sending them through anyway (unless they had major issues). However if you are just absolutely not finding anyone the colony will accept, you can always try randomizing their traits and see if that works out any better. It's a bit of a cheat but if you're desperate, it's worth a shot.

It sounds like a lot of what you're describing are performance issues that aren't specifically related to the challenge. You could try operating it on a smaller scale (smaller building, fewer people) and see if that makes a difference.

Again, sorry to hear you're having issues.

While I don't have University, I just wanted to add that I am/was having some game glitches like the ones ladykelien was describing.. no options when I click on anything, etc. Curious that it happened on the very same challenge and nothing else affected. I think I tried about every solution, stopping at uninstalling and reinstalling everything. What I did was save the household + house to the sim bin, then started an entirely new save file in a different town, stuck the household + house back, and it miraculously worked.
About the traits: I added a whole bunch of Sims I had made a long time ago to my town. If you have as many saved sims as I do, it won't be a problem to add in a lot. I had made most of them so long ago, I didn't remember their traits. I also made two new households and stuck them in there by randomizing their traits, and very very quickly choosing a LTW without looking at their traits.
About moving people in: Master Controller lets you add random sims to your household without any requirements. You don't even have to meet them. It doesn't bring money in with them, either.
Field Researcher
#63 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 8:00 PM
Well I hope all your issues are getting working again... Good luck guys!

Field Researcher
#64 Old 17th Mar 2014 at 8:28 PM
Alright I'm confused what if the subject gets the "Germy" moodlet? Would it be like the "new subject thing where they have to stay in the ICU and be tested, or just regular stuff and the "Get Well" menu?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#65 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 2:55 AM
Alright I'm confused what if the subject gets the "Germy" moodlet? Would it be like the "new subject thing where they have to stay in the ICU and be tested, or just regular stuff and the "Get Well" menu?

I'm not checking what I wrote first so hopefully I'm remembering correctly!
Once your subjects clear the virus check initially, they aren't exposed to it unless they come in contact with someone. I'd say just do the get well menu.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 18th Mar 2014 at 9:10 PM
Ok thanks! Wasn't clear on that... So one of them kinda slept in the ICU for 2 days while the doctor ran a test every 24 hours lol.

Instructor
#67 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 7:14 PM
Some of my subjects just aren't naturally athletic....
Field Researcher
#68 Old 19th Mar 2014 at 8:14 PM
Lol thats gotta hurt

Instructor
#69 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 2:52 AM
I'm really good at finding subjects for the Institute.. first our treadmill girl, and now this genius.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#70 Old 20th Mar 2014 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
I'm really good at finding subjects for the Institute.. first our treadmill girl, and now this genius.

That is so funny!!!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 11:58 PM
Those people are really umm..... 'interesting' lol

Alchemist
#72 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 7:22 AM
I've finally got my doctor through the get-a-degree-and-skillpoints phase. Took ages, even though I cheated her the first 8 skill points in both Logic and Science. Seems quite a slog before the challenge can even begin, but I wanted to try it without using an existing sim.

Now I have to fill up the neighbourhood, reset ages so they get 30 days for YA, and then at last I can start!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#73 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
I've finally got my doctor through the get-a-degree-and-skillpoints phase. Took ages, even though I cheated her the first 8 skill points in both Logic and Science. Seems quite a slog before the challenge can even begin, but I wanted to try it without using an existing sim.

Now I have to fill up the neighbourhood, reset ages so they get 30 days for YA, and then at last I can start!

The degree was optional (more for storyline purposes). I went to college with one of my sims and, while I was there, I made her needs static so I could spend time getting her grades up and all extra time raising needed skills. If you opted out of getting your "medical degree" (which I think looks cool hanging in the clinic), you could have just done the skill ups which wouldn't take that long.

You could pass on filling the town (for now) although I don't know if story progression will be enough to give you enough subjects.
Instructor
#74 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 1:41 AM Last edited by MistressTiffany : 31st Mar 2014 at 6:30 PM.
An alien just walked onto the lot of my Institute.. I think he's been sent to study what the Iso-Corp is doing.

EDIT: Another alien. Two aliens in one week, I must be special.
Instructor
#75 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 6:16 PM
Just had another brilliant sim pass out when the bed is about two spaces away from her. -_-
Page 3 of 5