Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 23-SEP-2014) Ask To Join Fishing

by icarus_allsorts Posted 27th Mar 2014 at 4:10 PM - Updated 22nd Sep 2014 at 8:28 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 4 Feedback Posts, 29 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 4:26 PM
Very very cool! Thanks a million for this!

Just one question: will the inactives gain/level up the fishing skill?
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 4:59 PM
Well, you did it Icarus. Thanks so much. Love the pics and appreciate all the hard work you put into this. Downloading now and then we are ALL going fishing ;)

btw...can't wait for Alice to see this, thanks again
brappl
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 5:06 PM
This is an amazing mod idea. I just downloaded it but I am SUPER excited to try it out. I mean really!?... Only loners fish alone! Truly, Thank YOU!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 5:15 PM
icarus: I posted over at NRaas but wanted to thank you here also. You are brilliant and I can't thank you enough!

Syd
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fxchrfxchr
Very very cool! Thanks a million for this!

Just one question: will the inactives gain/level up the fishing skill?

They do! You'll see the progression bar of the skill once they have reached level 1. You might want to give lvl 1 to those inactives by way of a cheat.

Beside that, a truelly amazing mod. One that EA forgot to implement within their OWN game. Thank You Icarus!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 6:45 PM
And one more for stats purposes :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 9:19 PM
Thank you thank you thank you so much for this amazing mod ^ㅁ^
Just yesterday I was wishing that sims could fish together and now you've made it possible!
Thank you so much !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 10:26 PM
This is great. While playing with my sims I get tired of trying to get families etc to do activities close to each other. Now everyone can stand near each other and fish. Thankyou
Forum Resident
#10 Old 27th Mar 2014 at 10:57 PM
Does this modify one of the XMLs in the Gamplay Data file? If so, which one? I tend to tune a lot of those for myself, and just want to know if there would be a conflict. Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 2:40 AM
Thanks, great Idea
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#12 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 6:47 AM
So cool. Always wanted my piers to have more than one sim fishing. Thanks very much!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 7:12 AM Last edited by icarus_allsorts : 28th Mar 2014 at 7:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Amber Lokisdotter
Does this modify one of the XMLs in the Gamplay Data file? If so, which one? I tend to tune a lot of those for myself, and just want to know if there would be a conflict. Thanks!

Nope, none at all. It does have its own ITUN (which may not even be necessary but I just put one in just in case) and its own XML but since they are custom ones the mod won't conflict with any thing from the GameplayData

Thanks guys for the comments and trying the mod out
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#14 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 9:01 AM
Thank you. I think this is a really cool idea. :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 11:16 AM
Yes, yes, so much YES! So many things that were awesome in TS2 ... and which TS3 lacks. Or lacked. One thing less now, thanks to you! :D
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 1:52 PM
Thank you, such an oversight from EA and you fixed it <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Mar 2014 at 12:48 AM
Great mod! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 11:22 AM
This is awesome. Thank you very much! :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 4th Apr 2014 at 3:17 PM
Awesome add. EA should have did this, but it's always modders who add the good stuff. lol :D Thank you. :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 11:10 PM
Really awesome! Thank your for this! Vielen dank!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 4:40 PM
Thanx. Fishing can get lonely lol. Glad my sim can have company now :)
THANKS POST
#22 Old 4th May 2014 at 2:15 PM
I was just wishing my Sims could fish together! Thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 26th Aug 2014 at 9:26 AM
thanks you , its very cool
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 19th Sep 2014 at 9:57 PM
Things I didn't realize I was waiting for until now. TYVM :3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#25 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 11:55 PM
Thanks! There are so many activities I would like an "Ask to Join" interaction for (such as the tea set that came with the store) but this fishing one is awesome! It makes the action more communal and less loner-like when everyone on an outing can do it together.
Page 1 of 2