Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[UPD: 2015/05/27] NCI - The Golden Wall Of Animation (For Movie Makers & Storytellers)

by d_dgjdhh Posted 30th Mar 2014 at 11:02 PM - Updated 18th Oct 2020 at 7:05 PM by d_dgjdhh

48 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 11:18 PM
Not too late for me! I would have loved this years ago, but am still happy to have it now. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Mar 2014 at 11:55 PM
That's an awesome idea! Trying to fit all the poseboxes on the lot without them appearing in the pictures is always a pain. Your wall will make the process much neater and less frustrating. Thank you! :D
Did remodeling the poseboxes entail any SimPE fillding, like changing the tileprints, or was it just simple GMDC-swapping? I hope it's the latter - I'd love it if more creators made/remade their poseboxes to work with the wall!
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 12:52 AM
Hmm. I understand why some of the poses require EPs, but why are all the SPs required too?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 1:01 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 31st Mar 2014 at 1:13 AM.
They're not. In terms of compatibility, it varies. For example, it's easy for those that show the expansion pack (e.g. FreeTime implies you'll need FreeTime, Apartment Life implies you need Apartment Life, etc). I purposefully made this download as all EPs and SPs to cover situations I'm not aware of regarding the original pose boxes from the initial creators.

I've made a note in my download that compatibility will vary, & that it may be possible to use some of the square cartridges with base game.

EDIT: Removed the stuff packs requirements.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 3:22 AM
Beautiful! This needs more thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 3:44 AM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 14th May 2016 at 4:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Queen of France
That's an awesome idea! Trying to fit all the poseboxes on the lot without them appearing in the pictures is always a pain. Your wall will make the process much neater and less frustrating. Thank you! :D
Did remodeling the poseboxes entail any SimPE fillding, like changing the tileprints, or was it just simple GMDC-swapping? I hope it's the latter - I'd love it if more creators made/remade their poseboxes to work with the wall!

Whoops, sorry, I forgot to read every line of post.

So, it was just a GMDC swap. There is an issue though. If every pose box creator did a GMDC swap, they'd have to do 18 different tiles, since the square cartridges don't "snap" in. Anyway, I'd encourage pose box creators to create such an adapter for their downloads too for the future (if anyone still makes pose boxes, of course).

EDIT: The pose pics now snap into the golden wall. There's no need to make 18 versions of the same thing.

See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 2:19 PM
Better late than never! I always use poseboxoses for my stories with the sims 2, I love this game, it will be very convenient ! Thank you !!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 2:33 PM
Brilliant idea, and a whole lot easier to hide than a slew of boxes. Thanks!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#10 Old 31st Mar 2014 at 4:39 PM
Wow, I've never used a posebox, but I might now, thank you.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#11 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 4:37 AM
Great work here d_dgjdhh! This is a very innovative idea ... the kind that makes most of us creators go "Why didn't I think of THAT!?!?!" As someone who still dabbles in pictures/stories from time to time, I can say that having this spread vertically rather than strewn all about a sim lot is extremely helpful! Really nice work!
Sockpuppet
THANKS POST
#12 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 6:10 AM
Wow you did an amazing work good job ...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Apr 2014 at 3:44 PM
Love this concept!
Test Subject
#14 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 10:32 AM
This is very convenient! However I have a question. Can I put my current hack boxes in the wall? Some hacks I have gotten hacks over the years that are not on modthesims and their sites are gone D:
Scholar
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd Apr 2014 at 5:12 PM Last edited by d_dgjdhh : 14th May 2016 at 4:31 AM.
Previous pose boxes will need to have their MESH swapped for a box on a part of the wall. For example, if you want a certain pose box to sit as the 4th square frame on the wall (2nd row, 1st box), you can extract the MESH from (the pose pic template provided from the bottom of the downloads)Box 4, then replace it in the old pose box. Then save. It'll exist in the same area you have the previous pose box in, while retaining the same GUID number.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 2:43 AM
Thank you for this! I use a lot of poseboxes at once and well half of the boxes I use are on the ''wall''.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:32 PM
Esto mola un huevo
Spain
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 1st May 2014 at 9:40 AM
Thank You Very Very Much ! *-*
Scholar
Original Poster
#19 Old 18th Jul 2014 at 2:41 AM
Oh yeah, another picked upload! Thank you very much.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Jul 2014 at 8:19 PM
Thank you ! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 5:18 AM
this rocks, thanks so much!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 8th Aug 2014 at 11:20 PM
Yay! Now I can make a music video :D Thanks ^^
Scholar
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Aug 2014 at 2:13 AM
Sounds good. And don't forget to make a post in the Sims 2 Movies thread after making, finishing, & polishing that music video for us to see.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 6:55 PM
Very cool! I've never tried pose boxes before, I'm definitely going to give them a try now.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 7:55 PM Last edited by LadySilverwolf : 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:55 AM.
Just in time for me, but then again, I am also very late in coming to the sims community (as in recently acquiring the Ultimate collection).

I HAD just started thinking about making my sims do certain things while setting up my 'story' and wondered if I would find the mods/hacks that would allow such things ( while browsing I recalled seeing pose boxes ). So you uploading this was very timely for me as I was thinking... what am I GOING to do with all these boxes!?!?!?!

So a huge thankyou to you for this modded object, and the links (so I could give proper thanks to the creators even if they are 'missing') and your descriptions. Its much appreciated the work you put into this.

Kudos to a wonderfully thought idea! (wishes there was a push thanks button 19 times. lol)

EDIT: I JUST had to come back and say, not only does it look great, but it really does hide nicely (WHILE looking Fantastic) when you make a 2 square zone hidden in the house/building. So once again, just repeating myself. Exceptional work with the remodeling. Thank you again for your imagination/creativity, and your hard work.
Page 1 of 2