Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Genderswapped Uberhood: EAxis Sims in EAxis neighbourhoods with one big difference

by sushigal007 Posted 9th Apr 2014 at 8:40 PM - Updated 21st Feb 2021 at 1:13 AM by sushigal007

74 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 34 Feedback Posts, 39 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 9:56 PM
Nice idea, I'll give it a try!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 11:47 PM
This should be interesting. Can't wait to try it out. Thanks for all the work
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 9th Apr 2014 at 11:55 PM
Awesome! Lovely to see it available here as well :-) Thank you so much for all your hard work! :-D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 12:01 AM
Perfect! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#6 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 2:07 AM
Finally done, I see Must feel nice to see it uploaded, after all the work you put in (which is most impressive). Great job, congratulations
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 3:08 AM
I literally squealed when I saw this. *coughs* I will be testing it thoroughly and will report back with any issues I find.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 7:15 AM
What does genderswapped mean?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 11:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
What does genderswapped mean?

Basically, premade sims who were originally female are now male and vice-versa. So Daniel and Mary-Sue Pleasant are now Danielle and Gary-Stu Pleasant.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 11:27 AM
Well, first I thought what is the point to do that, but then I took a look at the screenshots and it gave me some ideas.
It's something very good if you were stuck in ideas to play. Thanks!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 3:30 PM
I can't wait to try it out.
I'm downloading right now
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 3:59 PM
This is so awesome! I didn't even know I was waiting for this!!
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator THANKS POST
#13 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 4:06 PM
I'm *very* impressed with all your hood story pictures, they look just like the originals, but swapped. It's fantastic. I'm not needing another hood right now, but I applaud all the effort that went into this. Seriously, good job!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 5:58 PM
I agree, the hood story pictures are really well done.
They look like the original.

Again, thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:37 PM
Hey audreysims14 from tumblr I can't wait to try this out! I enjoy all your posts and I can't believe how much work you had put in this! It's going to be interesting playing these premades in a different gender.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Could you make a base game version of this?

Not reeeeeeally, no. The base game doesn't come with subhoods, so it would be impossible to create a base game uberhood this way. The only way I could make such a thing base game compatible would be to make genderswapped versions of the three base game neighbourhood as single, separate hoods instead of an uberhood, or extract the sims from say, Veronaville and Strangetown and put them in Pleasantview, but I wouldn't be able to include any sims from any expansions after that. I have been asked if I can make shopping district versions of each neighbourhood (which I'm considering doing in the summer), but you'd still need at least OFB for that, sorry.

ETA: And thank you everyone commenting, especially about the pictures! They were a lot of work, but I'm very proud of how they all turned out.
Not actually evil.
THANKS POST
#17 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 9:09 PM
Simply amazing! Fantastic attention to detail and a treat to read about.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#18 Old 10th Apr 2014 at 11:25 PM
I imagine it would be lots of work, but I actually think a lot of people would love non-uberhood versions where you can pick just the one hood you want to play with. Most people have a favorite, and others don't like playing with subhoods so they might like having it as a main hood

I want to second Phaenoh on the pictures, they are really impressive. I can't imagine how you pulled that off.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#19 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 1:41 AM
I second everyone's compliments and awwwwenesses.
I am not in need of a new Hood either, for now and never played with the premade..so being male or female, to me does not change anything.
BUT! I have a question for you...
When you said in EP/SP required, everything except The Sims2 Store Edition.
Am I understanding this properly, you can have the store edition or NOT, as long as you have all EP's/SP's this uberhood works for you?

You did an amazing job.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 12:10 PM
Yeah, it'll work with or without Store Edition, so long as you have everything else.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:36 PM
Beautiful! One thing I noticed though is from the Caliente brothers, their mother Nighat doesn't have parents. Haha but everything is amazing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 12th Apr 2014 at 8:49 PM
I really love this even though I'm not going to download because I already got my game going.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 7:04 AM
So Kaylynn is still female? Or did she get the gender-swap treatment? I mean, it'd be quite funny if Danielle Pleasant got into a 'mama's baby, papa's maybe' situation. Female Mickey Dosser looks cute too. Got any other slides featuring the Curious sisters or Danielle Pleasant?
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 10:44 AM Last edited by lientebollemeis : 13th Apr 2014 at 11:04 AM.
While going through all the "new" families, I noticed that now the husband takes the name of his wife and the children take the name of their mother in stead of their father. (I checked the pleasant and burb family tree while noticing). It doesn't matter to me 'cause I have a mod to choose the family name and one to change names and afterall in Belgium it's possible to choose which family name the baby will have, but it's just something I noticed and want to mention in case others find it a problem.

Normally I don't download or play with new neighbourhoods, but I have played with the default sims so much that it's really fun to play with this neighbourhood. I'm going to start with visiting all the families (only Pleasantview ) and change some things to the houses. I know this was already a lot of work and I really appreciate that. But all the girls had girlbedrooms and they are now boys (and the other way around) so that's something I'm going to check and change now.
I don't mind you didn't do that already cause you already have done an amazing job on a great idea and I love to change the bedrooms to my preference.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Apr 2014 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by applesauce58
hi is there any way to release a version without any of the stuff packs?

I'm sorry, I don't actually know how I'd do that. I'm pretty sure a lot of the sims are wearing clothes from stuff packs and I know Tarlia, who I got the main and subhoods from in the first place, states that Viper Canyon needs Mansion and Gardens.

Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
So Kaylynn is still female? Or did she get the gender-swap treatment? I mean, it'd be quite funny if Danielle Pleasant got into a 'mama's baby, papa's maybe' situation. Female Mickey Dosser looks cute too. Got any other slides featuring the Curious sisters or Danielle Pleasant?

Kaylynn's still female. I don't think Danielle will roll any wants for her any more because she's had her gender preference reversed (I forgot to do it on my first try and the Oldie's marriage promptly imploded!) but she and Donna will both remember their affairs with fondness. As for pictures, all the storytelling images were recreated, so there'll be pictures of Danielle and Gary-Stu's wedding and Vidcund getting rejected by Cerberus in the various family albums as well as the family preview pictures in each neighbourhood.

Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
While going through all the "new" families, I noticed that now the husband takes the name of his wife and the children take the name of their mother in stead of their father. (I checked the pleasant and burb family tree while noticing). It doesn't matter to me 'cause I have a mod to choose the family name and one to change names and afterall in Belgium it's possible to choose which family name the baby will have, but it's just something I noticed and want to mention in case others find it a problem.

Normally I don't download or play with new neighbourhoods, but I have played with the default sims so much that it's really fun to play with this neighbourhood. I'm going to start with visiting all the families (only Pleasantview ) and change some things to the houses. I know this was already a lot of work and I really appreciate that. But all the girls had girlbedrooms and they are now boys (and the other way around) so that's something I'm going to check and change now.
I don't mind you didn't do that already cause you already have done an amazing job on a great idea and I love to change the bedrooms to my preference.

Well, Veronaville was already a matriarchy, so men taking the women's surname isn't something new in this game and it's not something I feel inclined to change. Plus I know I'd forget who the families were if they didn't at least keep the same surnames!
As for the houses, I didn't want to change them, partly because I really don't care if boys now have pink bedrooms, but mostly because I couldn't be bothered. I figured most people would redecorate first thing anyway!
Page 1 of 3