Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Westfall Kingdom-A Complete, Self-Contained Medieval Kingdom - NO CC

by Zarathustra Posted 26th Apr 2014 at 7:23 PM

24 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 8:24 PM
WOW!!! Wow! Just... wow. :D
What a great idea - and excellently executed.
And NO CC! - absolutely gobsmacked here. Wow.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 11:05 PM
I'm going along with Catherine's sentiments here! Wow!!!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Apr 2014 at 11:50 PM
So glad to see this up, It's amazing how much you can get onto one lot.

With the gypsy's, I recently made a caravan and just used the decking tool and deleted the wooden poles that form underneath.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 12:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So glad to see this up, It's amazing how much you can get onto one lot.

With the gypsy's, I recently made a caravan and just used the decking tool and deleted the wooden poles that form underneath.

I'm kind of surprised how much I was able to fit here too- and I may have to build similar "kingdoms" in the future- there were lots of ideas I had when I was working on this that didn't fit into the final upload! (Knights' barracks, merchants' flats, medieval colleges, etc.)

As far as decks for the wagons, I'd actually tried that, (and that is the technique I used for one of my lots that's JUST a caravan), but for this one, I couldn't find a way to get it to work that I was happy with, and I wasn't wild about dedicating space for the stairways up to the doors... If you want to rebuild the wagons up on decks on your download though, more power to you! I want you to enjoy anything of mine you download!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 4:04 AM
Well then....*feels inadequate*
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 9:10 AM
Astonishing! A great idea and well executed!
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 10:42 AM
Fantastic! I don't think my laptop would be able to run a huge lot like this, but it's amazing!

Sim Fans UK - Free downloads, tutorials, game help and chat!

I'm selling my vBulletin 4 suite - please contact me if you are interested in buying it.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#9 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 3:42 PM
WOW. Everything looks amazing!
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 5:06 PM
I'm so impressed! What a huge amount of work and with a gorgeous result!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 9:46 PM
OMG! this is amazing, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 6:29 PM
I'd say this is incredible but that would be a huge disservice and understatement. I don't know a word to describe how incredibly amazing this lot is so... it's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Unfortunately my machine and I wouldn't agree about its playability, I can see a lag fest waiting to happen so I won't be able to download and explore this little kingdom but I wish I could!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 8:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sanypsia
I'd say this is incredible but that would be a huge disservice and understatement. I don't know a word to describe how incredibly amazing this lot is so... it's supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Unfortunately my machine and I wouldn't agree about its playability, I can see a lag fest waiting to happen so I won't be able to download and explore this little kingdom but I wish I could!

I'm glad you like it so much! And I was actually kind of surprised how little lag there was when I was designing it... maybe the fact that most of it is just one or two levels helped, but it works faster than I would have guessed. It is still a big lot, and you know your machine better than I do, but it might work better than you're expecting! (I hope )
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 2nd May 2014 at 3:24 PM
HI REALLY GOOD I LOVE YOUR BULIDINGS!!!!
Would you be able to build the Burj da Arab Hotel in Dubai??
If you dont take requests thats fine
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th May 2014 at 10:30 AM
Usually, little to no CC lots impress me. But this? Just... wow.
I am especially fond of the church (and its' basement). Good job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 9th Oct 2014 at 12:38 AM
This is absolutely effin' brilliant. I don't have all the EPs so I can't download it, but WOW. What a genius idea. I am absolutely inspired now to go create something similar in my own 'hood. Thank you for sharing it with all of us.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
The only concern that I have of this lot is that the basement of the church was a bit flooded. I think it's because Bluewater Village is built at or slightly above sea level.

Without seeing exactly what you're talking about, I think you're probably right to blame that particular terrain- a few of the Maxis neighborhood terrains aren't very friendly to basements sadly. Veronaville and Desiderata Valley I know both fall prey to this, and I wouldn't be surprised to learn that Bluewater does too.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 10:10 PM
You just gave my chivalrous knights their home!!!! Thank you so much!! And without having to deal with a headache afterwards!!! YAAAY!
Test Subject
#20 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 7:59 PM
I really love this lot. I wish I could play in it though. My game crashes everytime I try to enter the lot... Help! D:
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 8:07 PM
Not sure what to tell you there... if it's just freezing when you try to move in, you may be able to force close the game and restart it, and your household should be properly moved in- that works when people have kind of similar trouble with my Downton Abbey lot. If not, I'm not really sure what to tell you- I haven't had any trouble with this lot when I've used it on my machine!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Test Subject
#22 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 8:11 PM
Thank you for replying back to me. This means alot [:
I have tried other lots that are big. An the same thing happens.
I think it might just be my laptop. Mostly likely cannot handle that much awesomeness XD
But the lot is beautiful. I shall redownload when I get an actual computer. Lol.
Again, thank you for replying back to me :3
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 10th Sep 2015 at 12:37 AM
Thank you!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Sep 2015 at 7:31 PM
I love you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#25 Old 7th Feb 2018 at 9:56 AM
This is truly amazing! Never thought to do something so diverse on an apartment lot - now you've inspired me to create something new myself! Very nice!