Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

MerBabies! In Lots of Colors

by VioletPadfoot Posted 10th May 2014 at 8:35 AM - Updated 26th May 2014 at 6:46 PM by VioletPadfoot : Clarification

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#2 Old 10th May 2014 at 2:31 PM
To have mermaids, you have to download the meshes by Marvine. They're linked in the words "Marvine's Mermaid Mesh Set" in the original post.

As to how this works, it lets your infant sims wear different mertails without the need for default replacements. You download the file starting with "CJH" and put the file from the zip in your downloads folder, along with some extra baby clothes (and there are alot out there). Find the new teddybear in your catalog (its in pink overalls) and put it on your lot with. Make sure the baby is not in a sim's arms or in a crib (unless you have AL, then cribs are okay) and have a parent click the bear and choose "Buy new outfit for... / Baby's name" Toggle the gender selection then toggle it back (so you have the correct gender) but DON"T TOUCH THE AGE SELECTOR. Buy clothes normally, then a screen will pop up allowing you to choose what outfit you want to put on the baby. You can change clothes if you already have clothing simply by exiting the buy screen, which will send you to the "Plan Outfit" screen

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th May 2014 at 3:24 PM
Silly question, but do I have to use the "Body Shape Organizer" kit/thing to use these outfits?

(I never got the hang of that Organizer thing! It makes too many blanket assumptions about the body shapes I may want in my game.)
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2014 at 4:39 PM
@Zirconia Wolf: No you don't need it. I just provided the option for people who DO use the BSOK. Just grab the files that don'r have BSOK on them

Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:18 PM
Wow. This is brilliant!

Edit: Forgot to ask. If you have Marvine's original mesh do you need to replace it with this mesh or do they work independently?
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2014 at 12:37 PM
They're independent. I had to remap the bottom of the tail so that the recolors worked better. Marvine had it placed so that the scale texture wouldn't fall on the babies legs when human. So while the shape is the same, the mesh files are different. Mine won't overwrite Marvine's in any way.

Meet Me In My Next Life
THANKS POST
#7 Old 11th May 2014 at 7:33 PM
Sorry I just do not get this, is this "Clothes Only" ? Or is this for those who want a baby with a body of a mermaid ? If it is just clothes than that cool, but if it will give the baby the mermaid body and not the original maxis baby body, then sorry it is not my cup of tea.
Inventor
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th May 2014 at 4:19 AM
@Simonut: its is just clothes, like the mermaid meshes are clothes. you can still have human babies, even on the same lot as a mermaid baby, as long as the mermaid baby is wearing one of these tails. This in no way replaces the default infant mesh. Chris Hatch's mod enables the already-coded-in-game-but-never-used ability for babies to wear clothing just like any other age. These are simply clothing items accessible by using this mod.

Meet Me In My Next Life
#9 Old 12th May 2014 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VioletPadfoot
@Simonut: its is just clothes, like the mermaid meshes are clothes. you can still have human babies, even on the same lot as a mermaid baby, as long as the mermaid baby is wearing one of these tails. This in no way replaces the default infant mesh. Chris Hatch's mod enables the already-coded-in-game-but-never-used ability for babies to wear clothing just like any other age. These are simply clothing items accessible by using this mod.

@>>VioletPadfoot >> thanks you for your reply I am a bit clear now.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th May 2014 at 4:25 PM
Wonderful idea and great work...but I have to say it is a bit convoluted. I don't know if it's because you put too many options with different instructions together or if it's the explanation of the buying mod for how to get babies to buy clothes. Also- how can babies buy clothes if they cannot leave the lot? Would that mean you need another mod to enable purchasing clothes on residential lots and another mod (or cheat) to enable the infant to be selectable?
Inventor
Original Poster
#11 Old 15th May 2014 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shinigamigurl
Wonderful idea and great work...but I have to say it is a bit convoluted. I don't know if it's because you put too many options with different instructions together or if it's the explanation of the buying mod for how to get babies to buy clothes. Also- how can babies buy clothes if they cannot leave the lot? Would that mean you need another mod to enable purchasing clothes on residential lots and another mod (or cheat) to enable the infant to be selectable?
Thank you, and it is a bit confusing, but i tried to be as clear as I could. As to how the babies buy clothes, they do it on lot with Chris Hatch's mod. (The file that starts with CJH) The block of text in the quote explains how to do that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 25th May 2014 at 1:26 AM
yes, thank you! I have a town or two with merfolk whose kids always were born with legs. now they'll be born with them, but they won't last long!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 12:59 PM
How, cute.♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 7:17 AM
Thank! But I cant have with legs and it hasnt got any color! BTW it was nice!
Test Subject
#15 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FunSamandcat
Thank! But I cant have with legs and it hasnt got any color! BTW it was nice!

I mean you have the color but when i have the baby it doesnt show me the color
Inventor
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Jul 2016 at 8:53 PM
How is the color not showing? You did get the mod by ChrsHatch right? Without it, these won't show up anywhere. His mod enables the selection of clothes for infants, so is necessary for these to even show up in your game, unless you use a townified version in which case it's all random which one will appear. ~VP

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 1st Jun 2018 at 6:40 PM
These are awesome. I'm already using Chris Hatch's teddy bear clothing changer. I love that these aren't default replacements. Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 22nd Jul 2019 at 8:48 AM
This is so cute! :lovestruc Now we just need someone to create an aquarium-like crib so our little fishes don't dehydrate while sleeping (hint)