Replies: 88 (Who?), Viewed: 56575 times.
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 22nd May 2014 at 4:37 AM
I just got it! Going to the game to try it now.
Undead Molten Llama
#27 Old 22nd May 2014 at 4:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
^ I never had any problems/conflicts with Pandora Sims items and Inteen ( when I used to use it , before I switched to S2L teen woohoo,years ago). I just wandered in because I heard iCad mentioning bland cucumbers. " You're still rolling them too tight iCad"


GAH! STALKER!

And hey, the tighter the roll, the slower the burn, baby. You don't like, make yer own! Or, you know, we could just a do a bowl instead....

And where's Demi Love and her hot pants?

*thread will now completely derail. Mookie and iCad (plus Jo and probably gummilutt) shouldn't be allowed to post in the same thread. *

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd May 2014 at 5:30 AM
Thread party!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#29 Old 22nd May 2014 at 8:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freefalldreams
Has anyone got the instructions for it?


Lol, your sim grows it. Dirt, plant, water, weed and harvest. You will see it in the gardens section.

MOOKIEBLAYLOCK, is that picture staged? I've never had a reaction to my bland cucumbers.

iCad, you're not seriously inviting Demi Love and her hot pants are you? Well then I'll have to invite Johnny Depp, he makes mighty fine pirate eye candy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Inventor
#30 Old 22nd May 2014 at 9:18 AM
@iCad , commence operation thread derail has begun! Bowls you say? I probably shouldn't share this ( but what the hell, I will)... Decades ago I had left a concert with some friends and was feeling great, we had plenty of bland cucumber but nothing to put our cucumber in , so I hit upon the idea of dropping some cucumber on the red hot top of the car's cigarette lighter and inhaling our cucumber thusly. It seemed like the perfect foolproof plan..until I hit a bump and burned an enormous ( and painful!) circle on the end of my nose. For some reason it was much more fun being young and dumb than it is to be old and dumb. Good times!

@ Jo , you must not be growing your cucumbers properly then. You need to spend quite a bit of time talking to them. Not your sim , you personally. " Nice cucumber, nice mouthwatering cucumber" For some bizarre reason they also respond very well to really loud Led Zeppelin. Once they've reached the mouthwatering stage , then and only then, will all the law enforcement sims ( hot pants or sans hot pants , it doesn't matter) respond with a shocked look upon viewing them. Not sure about pirates , haven't tested that yet. Yeah, staged. Totally staged.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Avid commie hater
Mad Poster
#31 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOOKIEBLAYLOCK
we had plenty of bland cucumber but nothing to put our cucumber in


That sounds so dirty lol.

Having the police actually have a reaction to the 'cucumber' would be hilarious. XD If a cop came on your lot to arrest the burglar or you were friends with them and they found it. You could get a fine (and probably fired if you were in Law Enforcement lol).
Undead Molten Llama
#32 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:16 AM
Mookie! Dude, what the hell are you doing up? Jo has an excuse 'cuz she's on the other side of the planet where it's sometime in the afternoon already and she probably just dragged her lazy butt out of bed, but you...

Hell, what am I doing up? Oh right. I'm nocturnal. Hey, if you're going to be dumb, when you're young is the time to do it. Otherwise, it's just not as fun to be utterly stupid. I remember the first time my friends and I tried to use a very makeshift bong. We were like...Oh, I don't know...Maybe 13 or so? So yeah, decades and decades ago. And none of us old enough to legally drive, so car cigarette lighters were right out. *laughs hysterically, imagining the scene in that car* Anyway, the results weren't very pretty. Or very satisfying, either. We were totally not smart or cool enough to know that there were other ways of going about using the stuff, so it involved a rather involved construction phase and then exploding glassware and a rather embarrassing injury to my friend who had some 'splainin' to do to his parents. Nowadays, though....Now I've become an old baking lady, I'm afraid. Very domesticated. I'm trying not to suck in too much smoke of any kind due to other health issues. So, less exploding glassware and blood loss, and a lot more chocolate. Which, to me, is an equitable trade-off.

As for bland cucumbers....I talk to them all the time. Lots and lots of talking. And mine like Queen. Especially when Roger hits that Eb5 without being kicked in the nuts first, which just totally blows my mind. I'm a woman, and *I* can't hit that note. So, lots of "My Fairy King," yes....

....Oh, wait! Are we talking about in-game bland cucumbers? Ooops, my bad. Well, talking to them works, too. Still, no matter how thriving the plants are, the cucumbers are still bland as all get-out. I don't get it! Cucumbers should always be nothing less than mouth-watering, dammit! What must we do to get mouth-watering cucumbers?!

@Jo: Well, if you get to have Johnny Depp, then I require a half-naked (or, hell, an all-naked, 'cuz that'll get law enforcement moving, whether or not they're clad in pants-of-hot) Hugh Jackman.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:16 AM
Ah, the tales I could tell about my youthful experiences with the bland cucumbers! Although I was sheltered in my upbringing, I quickly discovered the joys of refrigerator raids while under the influence of those bland vegetables!

However, I had to eventually grow up and now I'm selling the much stronger (and more dangerous by far) drugs legally.
Talk about a 180 turn! There are times when I believe that what I dispense legally from the pharmacy is more unacceptable than the cucumbers could ever be. Certainly they're far more addictive and destructive.
Quote:
No thank you! I think we have enough of this IRL so let's not introduce them to our sims!

As for 'bringing in the wrong elements in the game', there are those who say there are many other elements that are equally disturbing, such as the same sex pairings that are normal part of the game. Only now is the US finally catching up to the rest of the world in granting civil rights to gays in the real world.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#34 Old 22nd May 2014 at 10:30 AM
It's 7.20 at night! So my lazy butt has been up hours. Also oi, you can't have Jackman he's ours! Here's the deal, you get Ian Somerhalder and the bland cucumbers, as those were never my thing, and I'll have Johnny Depp and Hugh Jackman. Although if you are partaking of those bland cucumbers you might not notice when I capture Somerhalder and replace him with that Beiber kid- bwahaha.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#35 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:02 AM
Yeah, well it's 3AM here in California, so....so....You're still lazy!

And, wait, wasn't Hugh Jackman born in England....? Or am I thinking of the Bee Gees again? Well, either way, he's MINE, I tell you. MINE! I don't care if he's Australian or Martian. He's hawt. *drools and stamps feet in the most embarrassingly pathetic and petty way possible*

And Bieber's Canadian, right? I say we send him back there.... Or, you know, to hell. But not with my bland cucumbers, no no no. The boy apparently prefers alcohol, anyway, so the cucumbers would be wasted on him. :p

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#36 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
And none of us old enough to legally drive, so car cigarette lighters were right out. *laughs hysterically, imagining the scene in that car*


Because you were being totally law abiding otherwise? :P

I think I prefer the 'special' brownies. Because then you get chocolate and 'cucumber' (eww, cucumber brownies lol).

And 'bland cucumbers' are named after what you tell the cops they are. XD
Undead Molten Llama
#37 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:20 AM
Well, you know, by that I mean that none of us owned a car that we could hang out in and not worry about stinking up without parental repercussions.

And yes, the brownies are awesome. Much better than exploding pathetic attempts at a bong.

Ah yes, I can see it:
"What's that you've got in your pocket there?"
"It's a cucumber, I swear!"

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#38 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
Ah yes, I can see it:
"What's that you've got in your pocket there?"
"It's a cucumber, I swear!"


"Do you want to see it?" "Uh, no. I'll take your word for it." XD
Undead Molten Llama
#39 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:30 AM
"But...But it's very happy to see you! Are you sure you don't want to see it?"

*cop starts to edge away very, very carefully*

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#40 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
Yeah, well it's 3AM here in California, so....so....You're still lazy!

And, wait, wasn't Hugh Jackman born in England....? Or am I thinking of the Bee Gees again? Well, either way, he's MINE, I tell you. MINE! I don't care if he's Australian or Martian. He's hawt. *drools and stamps feet in the most embarrassingly pathetic and petty way possible*

And Bieber's Canadian, right? I say we send him back there.... Or, you know, to hell. But not with my bland cucumbers, no no no. The boy apparently prefers alcohol, anyway, so the cucumbers would be wasted on him. :p


3AM, well that's from all those bland cucumbers! Jackman is Australian, so he's ours, ours! *I have Vegemite and I'm not afraid to use it*

Hmm Canadian is he? Not a clue, but he isn't good enough for our party that's for sure. *boots out the door* Oops sorry that was a balcony...

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#41 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:43 AM
Well, no cucumbers for my sims, bland or otherwise. Can't find the stuff in my overcrowded buy mode.
Undead Molten Llama
#42 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:49 AM
And how, exactly, would you use that Vegemite, my dear? I can think of a few good things to smear it on... And nope. Mine. Totally. I ain't budging!

And, actually, the 3AM has nothing to do with cucumbers, alas. I actually haven't had any in months because in CA it isn't legal and I'm not paying for it. Thankfully, it is not addictive, so I suffer no ill effects of....*counts on fingers*...ten months of abstinence, just about.

HOWEVER, we shall be moving household to my house in Colorado -- where it IS legal and the cucumber plants are currently out on the patio because it's actually starting to be consistently warm there -- in about 3 weeks, and THEN! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! The brownies, they shall be mine!

ETA @ Charity: That's because it's not in buy mode. It's in build mode, in the gardening section, right next to the regular Seasons garden plot. Just plunk it down and plant, baby.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#43 Old 22nd May 2014 at 1:04 PM
Was planning on waving the open jar around near to you American's, but I can spread it too! *spikes punch*

Yep, in the garden section, see my post 29#. You grow it just like a Seasons plant, it's quite cool.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#44 Old 22nd May 2014 at 2:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iCad
And Bieber's Canadian, right? I say we send him back there.... Or, you know, to hell. But not with my bland cucumbers, no no no. The boy apparently prefers alcohol, anyway, so the cucumbers would be wasted on him. :p


Just to throw my two obsolete Canadian pennies in, you can KEEP Bieber!! Or use him for PSA's or scientific testing...
Mad Poster
#45 Old 22nd May 2014 at 3:35 PM
I like how you threw in my my name as a "and probably gummilutt" iCad xD I've never derailed a thread in my life *innocent eyes*
Mad Poster
#46 Old 22nd May 2014 at 11:57 PM
Quote:
Well, no cucumbers for my sims, bland or otherwise. Can't find the stuff in my overcrowded buy mode.


They're not in buy mode-the garden plot for those special vegetables is in the gardening section of the build area.
Mad Poster
DELETED POST
23rd May 2014 at 7:23 AM Last edited by gazania : 23rd May 2014 at 7:34 AM.
This message has been deleted by gazania.
Mad Poster
#47 Old 23rd May 2014 at 7:52 AM Last edited by gazania : 23rd May 2014 at 8:47 AM.
Well, I've done a side-by-side comparison of the two downloads. I have to admit there are aspects of both that I like. I still can't get BlackyPanther's to work.

I like the way you can smoke communally with the PC Sims mod without switching back and forth between Sims. You hit the "influence to smoke" and your two Sims can partake together. Well, not exactly. One might finish seconds before the other. But pretty much together.

I still like that you just place the PC Sims plant outside somewhere and there you go. No bugs to spray, and you can't overwater or underwater the plant. Your plant may move, though. I've lost them temporarily on occasion. And they lose and regrow their leaves from time to time, so they can be really hard to see until the leaves come back.

But the Pandora download is more in line for your gardening Sims. After all, if you are selling produce, you usually don't stick plants anywhere, forget about them and have them constantly grow.

It does indeed look that Fran H was right: you can't sell the Pandora products in a shop, which admittedly would have been a huge plus. But you can sell the harvested buds for decent money. The PC Sims plants can be sold on a community lot. I suppose an "alternative" plant nursery could carry them.

And the two downloads play nicely together, it appears. My hippie Sims will indeed be in nirvana. I would need to test them more.

Here's a shot of both of them. I should have grown the Pandora plants a little higher. They do get bushy. The PC Sims ones are the maximum height ... pretty tiny things! Must be "miniature cannabis hybrids" or something. Pandora's are truer to scale and more detailed. (EDIT ... I just did a quick Google and there really are miniature pot plants. I learn something new every day.)



I'm not quite as impressed with the Pandora beer, though. Maybe I'll try Simslice's.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#48 Old 23rd May 2014 at 8:56 AM
Thanks gazania, I've never used the PC Sims one, what is it called so I can find it? I can hardly ever get blackyzoo to work, it logs me in and logs me right out.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#49 Old 23rd May 2014 at 9:03 AM Last edited by gazania : 23rd May 2014 at 9:21 AM.
I think it's disappeared off most sites. I thought it was Smokeable Cannabis or simply the Canabis Stimulator.

I really thought I submitted it to the Graveyard and that it was on there for a short while, But it's not now. Maybe it was too adult a mod for the Graveyard? Haven't the foggiest.

Maybe you can get PC Sims through the Wayback Machine?

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#50 Old 23rd May 2014 at 9:55 AM
Thanks, got it. I was kind of disappointed that the other one could not be sold in a shop, so if I can use them together that will work out great.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Page 2 of 4
Back to top