Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Castle Island, basegame map NO CC

by Volvenom Posted 4th Jun 2014 at 5:58 PM - Updated 25th Jun 2014 at 9:13 PM by Volvenom

36 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 14 Feedback Posts, 21 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2014 at 12:01 AM
Awesome, was kind of tired of the same spots to build, thank you for putting so many hours in this beautiful world and of course sharing it with us
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:39 AM
Awesome world. Thank you for sharing!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 12:53 AM
This is gorgeous. Wow.
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 2:49 PM
Thank you, I'm very glad you like it. I needed something easy and small for my houses and playtesting as well
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 9:32 PM
nice but how do you create maps
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2014 at 9:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by likegames
nice but how do you create maps

You need create-a-world (caw) from TheSims3 site. You can start searching if you like in the top menu under create/create-a-world and look at the tutorials at the top. It requires lots of patience, a bit of curiosity and the ability to search for solutions. It can be a real pain making it work sometimes.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 4:29 AM
This is seriously beautiful, thank you. Can't wait to try it out :)
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Jun 2014 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by efolger997
This is seriously beautiful, thank you. Can't wait to try it out

Thank you very much efolger, I hope it does your houses justice
Test Subject
#10 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 1:36 AM
Beautiful! It runs great on my laptop and the world is just lovely My only wish is that it had roads. Any possibility of such a version being uploaded?
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Jun 2014 at 10:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JadeSiren
Beautiful! It runs great on my laptop and the world is just lovely My only wish is that it had roads. Any possibility of such a version being uploaded?

I don't think there is room for that I'm afraid, it would mostl likely have to be a different world
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 16th Jun 2014 at 12:10 PM
Thank you for the beautiful world WITHOUT roads (= without cars). It`s perfect for a medieval world and not so easy to find.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 4:31 AM
Are the CAW files meant to be for CAW or loading as a package file in game? I can't seem to get them to work in CAW. Thanks
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 9:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAngua
Are the CAW files meant to be for CAW or loading as a package file in game? I can't seem to get them to work in CAW. Thanks

The folder with settings, the folder with layers and lots, and .world file should go in the documents/create-a-world/usertooldata/worlds/ - make a folder called CastleIsland and put them in there. I think that's the default way. The global layer you just keep for later.

It's the .world file you open right?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2014 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
The folder with settings, the folder with layers and lots, and .world file should go in the documents/create-a-world/usertooldata/worlds/ - make a folder called CastleIsland and put them in there. I think that's the default way. The global layer you just keep for later.

It's the .world file you open right?

Thanks for answering so quickly I'll have another go

Yes got it to work! The .world file goes in the /worlds folder with the layer and lots folders in a folder with the same name as the .world file. That was where I went wrong I named the folder CastleIsland instead of CastleIslandCL.
THANKS POST
#16 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 9:48 AM
I love. Thanks.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 23rd Jun 2014 at 7:43 PM
Amazing! Thank's very Much!
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#18 Old 25th Jun 2014 at 9:17 PM
I have uploaded a V2 for this world now. It's not the same amount of lots, it has a sloping 50x50 lot on the mountain. It's instead of 3 smaller lots. I'm just waiting for it to appear on the download page.
Test Subject
#19 Old 30th Jul 2014 at 3:35 PM
With what version works? Cause I got the 1.34 version of the base game and says it needs to be updated for the world to be installed
dodgy builder
Original Poster
#20 Old 31st Jul 2014 at 7:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by taichiyagami
With what version works? Cause I got the 1.34 version of the base game and says it needs to be updated for the world to be installed

This has been made with a fully updated game to 1,67.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 3:33 AM
wonderfull
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 2:29 PM
thanks a lot for this island. its very rare i find one thats is first off, smallish, and seccondly, has no roads. these types of maps are excelent for theme neighbourhoods
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Nov 2014 at 11:00 PM
cool beans
Instructor
THANKS POST
#24 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 1:47 AM
Beautiful world ! Thanks :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 4:45 AM
<3 mee likey... prince charmsim likey this too!
Page 1 of 2