Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 7:59 PM
Oooo... I just got this email. Quite interested! Still don't see anything in my Origin. I'm discovering that I'm quite an impatient person!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:00 PM
I had to make an acount on pogo.com :o
Theorist
#28 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:02 PM
Ugh. This person that I'm talking to has no idea what to do :/
Test Subject
#29 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:07 PM
Does anyone know if there's a way to retrieve CD Keys from the Classic/Old EA account? I don't have my physical copies anymore, but I registered all of them in the old TheSims2.com website
Field Researcher
#30 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DemnisBreezy
I had to make an acount on pogo.com :o

Seriously, what sort of dusty labyrinth of old account registration websites have I just wandered into here?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:09 PM
Nope, don't want. It'll probably mess up my saved games and won't be compatible with all the mods I have that were made up to Mansion and Garden.
Test Subject
#32 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NY152
Does anyone know if there's a way to retrieve CD Keys from the Classic/Old EA account? I don't have my physical copies anymore, but I registered all of them in the old TheSims2.com website

You can add your old acóunt to your actual one here: www.profile.ea.com
Mad Poster
#33 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coko
Nope, don't want. It'll probably mess up my saved games and won't be compatible with all the mods I have that were made up to Mansion and Garden.

TBH, this is the one thing I'm really worried about. Still, while I doubt I'll be downloading their ultimate collection seeing as I've got it all installed anyway, it might come in handy should my house ever burn down or something.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NY152

Same here.
Instructor
#35 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:14 PM
Origin doesn't sell Sims 2 games anymore, and this way you'll have to start your game through Origin to play. It's certainly a nice gesture but it's easy to see the motivation behind it: get people on Origin.

What do they even mean by "technical support," anyway?

I promise I'm not as grumpy as my avatar looks.
Test Subject
#36 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Glic2000
Seriously, what sort of dusty labyrinth of old account registration websites have I just wandered into here?

Dunno but it worked :D

And wtf I own sims 2 deluxe, open for business and apartment life and for deluxe I got double deluxe and for ofb i got best of business so 3 stuff packs for free.

Scholar
Original Poster
#37 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:20 PM
I will be genuinely shocked if any of the first-tier support people you all get have any idea what's in the 'Collection'.

I'm fairly cynical about EA's motives (I have been EXTREMELY loud here and on reddit about my thoughts on their refusing to sell TS2), but since I was *trying to buy this all from them a year ago anyway*, I'll take it.

I am cautiously hopeful that "Collection" means something more than "Base Game".

Right now, due to my work, I'm on many different PCs throughout the day. My current install method is an external drive with all the ISOs (my physical discs are in a box somewhere). I use a program like dropbox called 'copy' to keep all my Sims 2 game files in sync. So if I have some downtime at work and I play a little here, when I go home, my Sims 2 game files have been updated with the stuff I did at work.

The only thing that would make this set up more convenient is if I could take the 'install from 18 different ISOs' part out of the mix. Which is why I started trying to rebuy the game last year digitally, but only got as far as Double Deluxe the week they yanked it.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:22 PM
Dunno but it worked :D

And wtf I own sims 2 deluxe, open for business and apartment life and for deluxe I got double deluxe and for ofb i got best of business so 3 stuff packs for free.

You were able to download it? Mine hasn't appeared in my Origin Games yet... Very curious!
Mad Poster
#39 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:22 PM
Can someone link us to the chat? Is it a public chat? What is going on? Keep us updated please!
just a girl
#40 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EmotedLlama
What do they even mean by "technical support," anyway?

I don't have disks, so I guess the "loss of technical support" means in my case that the only version we'll be able to download in the future is this Ultimate. Ah, it better be good. I put my hopes on best case scenario - all EPs&SPs and additional stuff. But find myself suspicious when it comes to EA... It's like they pulled the rug out from under my feet.
Test Subject
#41 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MommyIce
You were able to download it? Mine hasn't appeared in my Origin Games yet... Very curious!

Yeah downloading now :D

I also got Free Time for free because they had no code for apartment life :D
Mad Poster
#42 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:25 PM
Lol okay. They think they're slick. Tryin to get all the old folks on Origin. I've already gotten pretty much everything there is to get on TS2 and my version works just fine. If this were the old Maxis team, I'd probably update. But it's the new people we're dealing with and since trusting them with TS3&4 ended up being a mistake, I don't even wanna think about what they have in store for TS2.
Scholar
Original Poster
#43 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:26 PM
Yeah downloading now :D

I also got Free Time for free because they had no code for apartment life :D

Are you talking about what's happening after you give the EA CS people your existing game codes? Because I don't think this is the 'Ultimate Collection' stuff, as far as I know no one has gotten that yet.
Test Subject
#44 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Are you talking about what's happening after you give the EA CS people your game codes?

Yeah that EA CS person gave me new codes that worked for origin
Field Researcher
#45 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:28 PM
I have the game installed minus three or four stuffpacks, and if this collection included these stuffpacks I'd register all my other games to get them.
I hope we find out soon what this collection includes.
Test Subject
#46 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:30 PM
Does anyone know if I have to uninstall the normal sims 2 deluxe before installing sims 2 double deluxe?
Field Researcher
#47 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:32 PM
Does anyone know if I have to uninstall the normal sims 2 deluxe before installing sims 2 double deluxe?

From the email, "You're free to continue playing your existing version of The Sims 2, but please note that it is an older edition of the game that will soon lose technical support."
Theorist
#48 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:34 PM
I only got Freetime and Seasons + Double Deluxe. I had codes for OFB, and Pets too :/
I found another thread that said they could basically look up my old EA account with TS2 games activated on it, but the person was like "no digital games here sorry."
Mad Poster
#49 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:35 PM
While I understand that some people are excited about this, I'm going to stay way over here. The promise of some obscure unknown "ultimate collection" is not enough for me to install Origin. Keep in mind that thing is evil.

Call me cynical, but EA has not exactly proven to care about crap reputation in the past, or what their users have said. I smell something fishy about this whole thing. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I doubt it.
Instructor
#50 Old 15th Jul 2014 at 8:36 PM
I don't have any Sims 2 games installed on my current computer, nor registered to Origin and I still got the email.

I wonder if this is just a blanket email sent out to anyone who's registered Sims 2 games in the past? Will I still be able to get the "Ultimate Collection"?

I'll have to try when I get home from work tonight.

Cagley Family Legacy (A Random Legacy Challenge)
Page 2 of 41