Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:24 AM
You guys don't need the Origin client installed to get it (for those of you using different computers). It will stay on your Origin account until you get the client. Took 2 hours of waiting and I only got to play for a bit but for once in a while I can't wait to play the Sims :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fizzlestix
Whenever I install it, there is no EA Games folder in my documents so there are no neighborhoods available when the game starts. Is anyone else having this problem.

Same! Does anyone know what to do to fix this?

98% of teenagers do or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't copy & paste this in your siggy.

Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that survived, died, or is living with cancer.
(())
//\\
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by van Dorn
While I do appreciate it, what would really seal the deal is if for example, same-sex couples could marry. Yes, I realize there are mods, but if EA is updating the game, would it be such a dreadfully difficult thing to do? And none of that objection to marriage crap, because people who don't want homosexuality in their games simply won't play with it and will never even have to find out.

As far as I know, they didn't update gameplay (the game is 10 years old, after all, lol) they just are releasing a full collection for origin with all of the latest patches, etc. to get everyone up to date. They aren't going to put time and resources into updating or changing the gameplay at this point. Maybe don't look a gift horse in the mouth? This is a nice thing. No need to complain about what they "didn't do." Be grateful for what they did.

Of Life and Pixels (coming soon)MTSSims WorkshopTwitterTumblrPinterestFlickrInstagram ♠ Origin ID: LeiaStyle
Test Subject
#54 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 8:00 AM
So the second I heard about this I dug through my old back ups and found my old Downloads folder from before I sold my own nearly complete collection on eBay and just dropped the entire contents into the Ultimate Collection Downloads folder. I fired up BodyShop and all my clothes and genetics and make up and accessories and everything was there and working better than ever. I then started the main game up and was greeted with the familiar Custom Content dialog at start up with a convenient list of all my core mods and all the objects I had in my Downloads folder. I checked "enable custom content," started playing the Goth family, got Bella all dolled up in some custom hair, clothes, and makeup, but when I went to put a custom piece of furniture in the house, I couldn't find it in my catalog. I restarted the game and tried again, and again, all of my CAS/Bodyshop content was there, but none of my mods or custom objects. I tried rebooting and again, no luck.

tl;dr: CAS/Bodyshop CC working perfectly, mods and objects (all AL/M&G versions) not showing up in-game despite being successfully listed on Custom Content dialog.

I'm on Windows 8.1 if that helps at all but I highly doubt this is a system issue, though I'm more than open to trial and error.
Test Subject
#55 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:05 AM
Wow I'm so excited about this! I've only ever had Sims 2 Double Deluxe, University, Pets and Seasons, so I'm really looking forward to playing with all the things that weren't available with the versions that I had. Thanks so much, I had no idea!
Test Subject
#56 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:32 AM
Default ?!?!?!?!?!??!??!?!/??!?!?!?!!?!????????????????
Quote: Originally posted by JackieSmith
Ten minutes for me B-)

***** bleep ****8 XD

I know you don't care but I tell you anyway.
/?!??!!???!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!1?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:32 AM
serupento, that's covered in the FAQ I linked to a few posts back. Basically, you need to install CEP for the object recolours, and you need to disable the CC dialogue (after making sure it still says Enabled) in your game options.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Top Secret Researcher
#58 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 12:42 PM
It's been a long while since I last played Sims 2...

Oh well! :D

*Heads off on a Sims 2 mod download spree*

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#59 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:38 PM
Default Works fine on Windows 8.1
Quote: Originally posted by Niketas
I have Windows 8.1, and it doesn't seem to work. I have to run it on my boyfriends laptop with Windows 7. So I don't know if it's an issue with laptops, or just Windows 8.1.

Just wanted to say that I play on Windows 8.1 and it runs perfectly. It took about 10 minutes to start-up but now that I have loaded it more it takes 10 seconds. Happy Simming!
Forum Resident
#60 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 5:59 PM
What the hell? This is so unlike EA....

I mean, it's awesome, but seriously...since when has EA been known to be generous?

I think something else is going on behind all this hoopla (yeah, cynical me).....

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kjpeterson18
Just wanted to say that I play on Windows 8.1 and it runs perfectly. It took about 10 minutes to start-up but now that I have loaded it more it takes 10 seconds. Happy Simming!

I'm also on Windows 8.1 and aside from a few Video Card issues at the beginning (not being able to adjust graphics settings because the game wasn't recognizing my card - which I found help to that issue here in case anyone else is experiencing the same problem), my game is now running perfectly, so far. So if anyone is having problems running the game, it's likely that Windows 8/8.1 is not the culprit. It could be your computer set up or graphics card and this FAQ may prove helpful.

Of Life and Pixels (coming soon)MTSSims WorkshopTwitterTumblrPinterestFlickrInstagram ♠ Origin ID: LeiaStyle
Scholar
#62 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 7:50 PM
Does that mean I'll have to uninstall my disc first? I just bought Deluxe Edition. What will I do?
Test Subject
#63 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:10 PM
Perfect opportunity to completely restart my game as I had been planning to (got bored with sims yada yada)
I only have a few EPs and SPs so it's awesome I can get them all for free so thanks a bunch EA!!!
Taking an awful long time to download though, been going for at least 10 hours and it's only 75% downloaded! Ah well, it's all worth it I suppose
Mad Poster
#64 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 9:16 PM
I registered for it last night. It's nice to know that I'll be able to download the game if anything happens to the discs, and even if the game just downloads as one big installer, and I can't pick and choose which packs to install, I'm so glad that EA has finally done something right. Hell, they even included all the patches! That is pretty frikkin' sweet!
Test Subject
#65 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 10:36 PM
I was busy with downloading from 1 in the afternoon till 2 in the morning XD Then it got to 3 in the morning cause I wanted to have a quick peek and that also took a bit since it had to load all of the stuff for the first time. But I'm glad I got it and it's working just fine now~ : D
Mad Poster
#66 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:37 PM
Is everyone else getting the Fun With Pets splash screen but then Mansion and Gardens on the Neighbourhood select screen? Just curious.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 25th Jul 2014 at 11:50 PM
My opinion *which no one asked for*: Soon they will be taking away TS2. At least, from the official site.

EA has NEVER been generous. That's the truth.

I'll download at about 4 AM. If it's free, it's ME.

It is impossible to get on your feet until you get off your butt.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 1:03 AM
It actually took me like 20 mins to download and 1 hour to install and I tested out... it works great! I'm glad I have The Sims 2 to the fullest ^^
BTW, it's compatible with Windows 8.1 64-bit
Test Subject
#69 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 1:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosegarden97
Only avaliable on Windows.. :'( :'( :'(

I figured that. Remember, the Mac version was a port, and we didn't get anything after Bon Voyage. EA might not even HAVE the Mac versions. Besides, they'd need a little work to make useable. Sims 2 came out just as Apple was not just moving to the Unix based OS X, but also to Intel. All the emulation code needed to launch the original game is now gone (I downloaded a pirated version with cracks instead of trying to use my old disks).
Test Subject
#70 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 1:43 AM Last edited by ihavethesims2 : 26th Jul 2014 at 2:04 AM.
My downloaded sims and lots are not working on UC as well, I'll try to install Body Shop, I think thats the problem. I'll update this post after trying.

Update: It didn't work out :/

The Sims 2 Brasil
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 2:26 AM
You didn't read the Ultimate Collection FAQs , huh?

Lab Assistant
#72 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Is everyone else getting the Fun With Pets splash screen but then Mansion and Gardens on the Neighbourhood select screen? Just curious.

Yes, I think this is normal, as the game is launching from SP9 which is bundled in with the "Fun with Pets" collection.

Test Subject
#73 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 10:05 AM
The FAQs state that UC is only being offered free to users who bought a digital copy...

Quote:
How do I get The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection?
The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection is being given out to any player who purchased and registered a digital version of The Sims 2.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
Original Poster
#74 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:21 PM
That was the case originally, but then they expanded it so people with a physical copy could get it, and now they've released this code for everyone. Try it if you don't believe me.

Test Subject
#75 Old 26th Jul 2014 at 12:53 PM
I'm so happy about this, I couldn't get the actual discs I'd had for years to install/play on my new Windows 8 laptop no matter which fixes I tried, so I'd eventually given up and been really sad I could basically never play TS2 again lol. But this works perfectly and I'm so happy to have all my families (and my pretty custom content!) back to play with!
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: No longer available
Page 3 of 9