Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Nursing career [TS2/EP1/EP2/EP3]

by DonSpencer Posted 25th Mar 2005 at 8:35 AM - Updated 17th Apr 2006 at 10:38 AM by DonSpencer : updated files

106 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 103 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 5
Field Researcher
#2 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:47 AM
Wow, how the heck did you get all the chance cards done so quick?????? How long have you been working on it?????? Please tell me your secret!!
Forum Resident
#3 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:18 AM
DonSpencer, if im not wrong, you HAVE to put a 'testers wanted' in your title.

rc2t, chance cards dont necessarily take long to complete. If i put my mind to focus on chance cards, i can finish them in a few hours.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:41 AM
I'll change the topic as soon as I figure out how.

I spent about 3 hours on them, lost them and had to start over. Then I revised them, so over all.. 2 days.

Now that I have successfully made a career, the next one will be much faster. Tip: write them out in notepad or something first, I had a hard time making all that text stay in the package.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:42 AM
perhaps an admin can edit the topic for me.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 9:52 AM
don it works perfect for me and i have the uni EP!!!
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 10:08 AM
Cheers for the tips guys!
I just updated my Army Career - first two level chance cards done. Only took about 30 mins!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 10:27 AM
WHOOT!!! yayyyyyyyyyyyy for all my future sim nurses!!! :jig: as a nursing student, I am hella happy with this career! thanx Don!!! :jig:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 11:06 AM
You are quite welcome. Good luck in your real career too. Don't let the realism of the chance cards make ya quit nursing school
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 12:20 PM
Makes me wonder just how many nurses there are in MTS2.
#11 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 1:05 PM
I'm a CNA, i care for those with developmental disabilities. Yes, im a guy, no giggling, its a very fullfilling job. I,ve worked factory and construction before and this is WAY better. OH is there any way you could make a major in nursing for university students?
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 1:36 PM Last edited by asta : 25th Mar 2005 at 1:41 PM.
Great, I was waiting for a nursing career! And I like the symbol. :howdy:
#13 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 2:45 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! As an RN myself I was pretty disgusted with the way nursing was portrayed as just a lower level of a medical career rather than the profession it truly is. :D
Field Researcher
#14 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 2:49 PM
This is great! Thanks so much for this.
Scholar
#15 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 3:44 PM
thanks for this one even if it is US based
as a midwife in the uk this is the closest i can get to my profession in the sims, and i am completely hopeless at making stuff myself.....lol
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 4:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DonSpencer
perhaps an admin can edit the topic for me.

Don, when you look at your first post you should see a little notepad and pencil icon in the upper right hand corner. This is the 'edit/delete message' icon.

Click it.
At the next screen you can edit your message and at the top there should be a place where you can edit the thread title, too.
That's how I change my thread titles when I need to. Hope this helps.
Test Subject
#17 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 1:20 AM
Default Excellent
Thank you so much for the Nursing Careers.

Have to go download WinRAR to use.

Thanks again!!!
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 2:31 AM
awww my mom is a lpn finishing up her degree to become a rn!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 2:35 AM
Oh how fantabulous!

Now at last my nursing simmies don't have to be held back at level 3 of the medicine career.
Test Subject
#20 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 7:01 AM
so awesome...that nurse-to-doctor thing was making me mad, too.
i'm a current nursing student, by the way. and i've been looking for something just like this. thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 7:19 AM
thanks, I was going to ask someone to make this Career. I am a Certified Nursing Assistant, And Ididn't like the nurse to doctor career.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 1:23 PM
Thanks to all of you for the overwhelming response. All the positive feedback is great, now it's time for all of you to tell me what parts of it you don't like or don't work. Still need folks to help me translate it.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 1:18 PM
Hey, positive feedback is what we're all here for
Everything works fine for me, and I don't have the EP.
Keep working hard DonSpencer! Good Luck!
Test Subject
#24 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 1:44 PM
Thanks I'm an RN too, for too many years. have to decide if I want to play one in my game as well, lol. Thank you so much anyway. I'm so glad someone has finally created this
Test Subject
#25 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 2:08 PM
I am A real RN too. You are right most do not want to be doc. Just very happy being me. Thank you for your work. Wonderful :D
Page 1 of 5