Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 10:08 PM
But still i have 1 question.
The sim i want to upload here, is in a family.
How do i get her in a '.package' alone, instead of packaging the whole family?

And where on this site do i upload it?

Sorry, just can't find it.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:10 PM
Please ask in the actual tutorial thread, not here. This thread is for updates of the list. Thank you.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 7:02 PM Last edited by Bakie : 11th Nov 2014 at 9:48 PM.
I made a video tutorial about: "How to place multiple tile wallpapers" on my youtube channel:
How to place multiple tile wallpapers

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 8:50 PM
Cool, thank you!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Instructor
#30 Old 16th Nov 2014 at 11:40 PM
I've made a couple of quick tutorials that I've shared on my Tumblr. One is for the photoshop portion of recoloring/adding a pattern to a wall.

The other is how to save your object recolors into a new package rather than just replacing the img in the FullBuild file (it was in response to another person on tumblr who shared a tutorial on how to recolor paintings and she was replacing the originals in FullBuild).
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 2:35 AM
Thank you, very cool!

Your wall sizes are wrong though, in your wall tutorial (or they need to be put in context to make it clear that these are not the final sizes) -- if you look at the Maxis walls, they are all 256 x 512 (short, medium) and 256 x 1024 (tall). Apparently using other sizes makes the walls not show up for a few people, maybe with non-supported cards / odd drivers .. not exactly sure what the difference is technically since I don't think anyone ever posted their specs. There's a thread about that in Help http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=539370 and another one at EA: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-problem#latest -- looks like the size is the problem.

And in the recolouring one it looks like you're exporting the DDS and then import it again? You can skip one step here if you use "Export > To Package". =) But yeah, replacing stuff in the actual game files is very likely not a good idea, so thank you for posting that!

Instructor
#32 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Thank you, very cool!

Your wall sizes are wrong though, in your wall tutorial (or they need to be put in context to make it clear that these are not the final sizes) -- if you look at the Maxis walls, they are all 256 x 512 (short, medium) and 256 x 1024 (tall). Apparently using other sizes makes the walls not show up for a few people, maybe with non-supported cards / odd drivers .. not exactly sure what the difference is technically since I don't think anyone ever posted their specs. There's a thread about that in Help http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=539370 and another one at EA: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-problem#latest -- looks like the size is the problem.

And in the recolouring one it looks like you're exporting the DDS and then import it again? You can skip one step here if you use "Export > To Package". =) But yeah, replacing stuff in the actual game files is very likely not a good idea, so thank you for posting that!

Yea, I just saw on tumblr today someone else who makes walls was talking about that and I know from exporting the textures that they're different but I wasn't sure what else to put anyways. I've been using those sizes and I haven't had any problems yet and no one has said they're not working for them so I figure I'll just stick with that for now until we can get a solid solution.

And yea, I guess I am doing an extra step. I never thought to do Export>To Package. I'll try to update that when I have more time!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 12:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melbrewer367
I've been using those sizes and I haven't had any problems yet and no one has said they're not working for them so I figure I'll just stick with that for now until we can get a solid solution.

Well the solution appears to be to stick with the sizes Maxis are using. Not sure how widespread the issue is, but only because nobody reports it doesn't mean nobody has a problem .. I guess many people don't bother to come back and give feedback when some CC doesn't work, they just delete it.

Theorist
#34 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 3:58 PM
I made a video tutorial where I explain how to convert adult clothing for children.
Is in Portuguese, but is subtitled in English. HERE
I hope you find it useful
Test Subject
#35 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 9:30 AM
i hope someone will teach us how to make hair with blender T^T
Top Secret Researcher
#36 Old 29th Jan 2015 at 6:26 PM Last edited by Bakie : 4th Feb 2015 at 5:51 PM.
I made some video tutorials about recolering certain objects. I show how I pick an object in game and change the texture using The Sims 4 Studio en photoshop. After changing I show how it will finally look in game.

How to make custom paintings: http://youtu.be/pX_Uu6YE4d8
How to make custom wallstickers: http://youtu.be/ZU0C7esLXLg

UPDATE:
How to make a seamless pattern wallpaper: http://youtu.be/46D7hpchdhQ

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Mad Poster
#37 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 1:34 AM
Just a heads up that the link to Chumcha's tutorial no longer works. It looks like their tumblr is gone now.
Is there a tutorial explaining the functions of and how to use S4CASTools anywhere?

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#38 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 12:51 PM
Tutorial for overriding paintings
Hey, is there a tutorial about overriding or adding new paintings for the sims to draw?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:18 PM
There is a thread about that over in Object Creation. http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=535328 I believe you can ignore the first few posts (about tools not being able to read some resources, etc -- that was back in September last year); it’s been revived in January and that’s where it becomes interesting. If you have more questions, best ask in that thread.

Test Subject
#40 Old 3rd Mar 2015 at 6:06 PM
Top Secret Researcher
#41 Old 10th Mar 2015 at 11:10 PM
Another tutorial added to my youtube channel today:
How to make a mural / multiple tile wallpaper

Test Subject
#42 Old 23rd Mar 2015 at 2:26 AM
Default Searching for a tut
I'm new to s4pe and I'm looking for a tutorial to explain how to recategorize clothing. I've some CC dresses in everyday that I'd like available in formal dress etc... but not sure how to code it! THanks
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 24th Mar 2015 at 1:23 AM
i have a tutorial up on my simblr if you want. ive converted (3t4 female hairs) about 4 now successfully, BUT they are non-alpha since idk how to do that.

Now playing Waverly Chronicles, rotational gameplay
Test Subject
#44 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 12:14 PM
CASP Flag tutorial / No random tutorial http://nyloa.tumblr.com/post/114254...s-tools-by-cmar
Test Subject
#45 Old 8th Apr 2015 at 7:58 PM
Broken Links List
I noticed several links are broken. I made a compilation of all broken links.

Walls/Floors/Terrain
WallEz: Step-By-Step (Srikandi): forum post at Sims 4 Stuff n Things

CAS - Recoloring (Clothing)
ColorMagic – Basic instructions (Srikandi): forum post at Sims 4 Stuff n Things
Making Custom-Textured Clothing using GIMP (Sydney Grey): forum post at Sims 4 Stuff n Things

CAS - Swatches, Thumbnails, tooltips
About swatches (Srikandi): short info (with pics) at Sims 4 Stuff n Things

Meshing
Exporting + Editing + Importing meshes for TS4 | S4CASTools/S4PE (chumcha): tumblr

Objects - Recoloring
Replacing textures in custom objects (Rebekah): tumblr

Now that I've gone through every link and section; there are far less than I thought.
Test Subject
#46 Old 16th May 2015 at 6:22 PM
Is there anyway to mod careers in the sims 4? The current jobs in the base game absolutely suck and aren't a good fit for most of my sims.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 2:33 PM
Hi, I've made a tutorial How to create a custom career - Sims 4 on tumblr. I'll improve it later, if necessary.

Sorry for my bad english...

Tuto-How to create a career - Sims 4 open to suggestions.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 24th Jun 2015 at 3:37 PM
Thank you; added.

Test Subject
#49 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 12:21 PM
Very Helpful-Thanks!!!
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 9:11 PM
Sorry, the previous link for my tutorial was wrong, this one should work : How to create a career - Sims 4. Sorry again.

Sorry for my bad english...

Tuto-How to create a career - Sims 4 open to suggestions.
Page 2 of 3