Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Custom bills

by Amura Posted 1st Sep 2014 at 11:26 PM - Updated 9th Jan 2022 at 5:56 PM by Amura

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:16 AM
Awesome update of Cyjon's mod! Thanks!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 12:48 AM
Thanks so much for this. It's great to see more flexible billing choices.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 2:50 AM
Thank you so much! I've been wanting something like this for years.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 8:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zirconia Wolf
Awesome update of Cyjon's mod! Thanks!

This is actually NOT an update/version of Cyjon's mod.
Cyjon's is way more complex, receiving bills more days a week and including features such as college tuition, but for some people it's too much. Also conflicts with more mods. But it's a really complete and interesting mod.
They are different but I hope both are good for some players
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 3:50 PM
Thank you, this is great!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 7:10 PM
@Amura: Yes, I should really have said "awesome take on Cyjons mod" but the sentiment is still the same.

I especially like your "percentage chart" which gives a very clear by-the-numbers comparison of the different bill levels to pick from. Makes it much easier to find the *right* mod to use.

Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 2:21 AM
Nice!

Although, if you take suggestions, I think you should consider adding a 75% bill value option, for those who want lighter bills but don't want to cut so much as half the price.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by OpelSpeedster
Nice!

Although, if you take suggestions, I think you should consider adding a 75% bill value option, for those who want lighter bills but don't want to cut so much as half the price.

I'm afraid that percentage would not work, because it would require some non-integer values in a hex field which does not allow them. Actually no percentage between 50% and 100% does.
It does not mean it's not possible to mod it to have slightly cheaper bill, just that it would not fit in the format of this upload.

So.
I made a little something for you. It's as close as it can get to 75% though not exact. Just... slightly cheaper than default.
Picky as I am, instead of adding it to my upload I'm simply attaching it to this post.

I hope this fits you a bit better!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  slightlycheaperbills.rar (194 Bytes, 29 downloads)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 9:04 PM
Perfect. I always thought that the bill amounts were too low to be realistic. Now if only someone could fix the too high grocery costs. Thanks again.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:44 PM
thank u!:}
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:40 PM
Thank you so much for this! Cyjon's mod I found cripplingly difficult so I really love the element of choice this mod gives. I suddenly have the urge to make a suppressed government neighbourhood to use the 2000% version for lol
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:08 AM
Hey, I really really want this but for some reason it's not working. I got the 2000% increase (because I want to have poor Sims) but it's not doing anything and it's red in Clean Installer. Is it because my Sims live in an apartment? I realllllyyyy want this.
Scholar
Original Poster
#14 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 2:56 PM Last edited by Amura : 24th Sep 2014 at 2:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Annything
Hey, I really really want this but for some reason it's not working. I got the 2000% increase (because I want to have poor Sims) but it's not doing anything and it's red in Clean Installer. Is it because my Sims live in an apartment? I realllllyyyy want this.

I've been re-testing it and I think that for some reason this mods do not affect apartments. It seems likely that there is another semiglobal which needs to be edited but I don't find it.
I'll keep looking and I'll try to update them asap.

EDIT:
Indeed another variable needs to be edited. I've created a new mod and I'm currently testing.
When I'm sure it works properly I'll upload it separately so everybody can mix & match different bills for houses and apartments.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 6:08 PM
For some reason, I'm getting these bills everyday?
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 7:00 PM
You should not. This mod does not modify those parameters at all, it's only an override for the billing amounts.
Make sure you don't have another bills related mod in case there is any conflict.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#17 Old 11th Oct 2014 at 1:20 PM
Hi, would it be damaging to my hood if I edited this mod in SimPE and set it all to 0? I'm looking for a "no bills" or at least "£0" mod, will this do the trick?
Thank you.
Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SuperSimoholic
Hi, would it be damaging to my hood if I edited this mod in SimPE and set it all to 0? I'm looking for a "no bills" or at least "£0" mod, will this do the trick?
Thank you.

I'm not really sure how having a §0 bill would affect the game.
Having in mind that there are features which return money such as solar panels - and get bills even lower than §0 - I think it would not harm your system, but I can't be sure without testing.

Personally I would create a WCIF thread looking for an specific mod to avoid the postpeople to come at all.
If it exists I am sure people playing prehistoric hoods will know about it.

Otherwise I think you can use other mods to ban the postpeople from your lots, in case you already use one mod with such feature.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 12:13 PM
Do you think you could do a mod for hotel room prices ? Even when i build fancy hotels, the room prices are ridiculously low. Do you think you could do a mod like this ?
Scholar
Original Poster
#20 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lue5
Do you think you could do a mod for hotel room prices ? Even when i build fancy hotels, the room prices are ridiculously low. Do you think you could do a mod like this ?

I don't send my Sims on vacation often so I don't know much about hotel room pricing. I guess I could try but I can't promise anything.
Anyway I would suggest you to try the WCIF section of the forums and ask if a similar mod exists - maybe you are lucky and there is already one!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th May 2015 at 2:08 PM
I love your mod!
Now my sims struggle to pay their bills but not as hard as with Cyjon's mod!
Thank you so much! x3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#22 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 7:21 PM
Thank you, this is fantastic. So much more realistic.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#23 Old 20th Jun 2017 at 4:57 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 1:52 AM Last edited by TaintedDreams : 21st Jun 2017 at 1:53 AM. Reason: A grammatic error that bugged me deeply
I adored Cyjon's mod to make my Legacies harder but it became too much sometimes when my dirt poor Sims would have bills racking up to around 2,000 and only have 32 to their name :P Thanks for this! Now my Simmies can be poor AND make things easier on me (and hard at the same time)! <3
Field Researcher
#25 Old 21st Sep 2017 at 10:24 PM
I'm using the 200% version but I don't think it's working the way it ought to in dorms. I have two sims living in a six-room dorm and they're getting a 6k bill every three days, with a whopping 14k one the first time. I don't think the lot is lavish enough to warrant half of that without the mod, so is the problem that it isn't splitting the cost between all the sims that live there, including the townies, as it should?

~~like a dirty dog
Page 1 of 2