Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Replacement Eyes for Sims 4

by Gothelittle Posted 6th Sep 2014 at 10:18 PM

34 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 10:03 PM
Why a full replacement rather than just adding your new ones? You have far more than the default set, so it's not a limitation of requiring overrides, right?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 10:48 PM
Thank you very much for your effort in being one of the first to offer a successful and helpful mod.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:29 AM
Cool! Thank you :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:30 AM
I felt the same way about the eyes in the CAS demo. Your replacements are what I expected Maxis to produce in the first place! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:40 AM
All the download instructions are for sims2
Test Subject
#7 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:13 AM
Is the install in sims2 just a typo?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 3:45 AM
These are great!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 6:25 AM
Yeah I'd like to know about the sims 2 being where the instructions say?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 8:40 AM
Great job!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:45 AM
I love different eye colors as well. Thank you for taking the time and for sharing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 10:51 AM Last edited by homunculus420 : 4th Sep 2014 at 12:06 PM.
Amazing eyes! Thank you! The original EA ones are so bland, I'm definitley going to be using this

UPDATE: I tried using the mod but it crashed my game as soon as I loaded my household.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 11:14 AM
Awesome! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 1:48 PM
The instructions say TS2, not TS4. But then again, you might not be able to fix it, since they might not have the instructions set up on their site yet...

But I love these. Now I make more accurate Sims with better eyes
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 2:37 PM
instrutions??
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:11 PM
These are very pretty. Thank you, I'm going to try them in my game today.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shadowdrakken
Why a full replacement rather than just adding your new ones? You have far more than the default set, so it's not a limitation of requiring overrides, right?

I made this when the CAS demo first came out, and the only thing they knew how to do was to replace. I don't know if the modding community has cracked the ability to add swatches/recolors to genetics yet.

When they do, I will be churning out more eye sets!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KyaraRose
Yeah I'd like to know about the sims 2 being where the instructions say?

It's my first upload ever. I told MTS to just put the 'default instructions' up. I don't know why they put up 'default instructions' for Sims 2.

Sims 4 has a Mods folder, and you just stick it right in the folder. No Packages subfolder. There's a cfg file, but I think it came with the game. I don't remember putting it there. So I just left it alone.

Hope that helps, for everyone asking about instructions!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 6:31 PM
This is absolutely amazing! Thank you so much for uploading this so quickly.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 10:45 PM
Nice to see these are back. Do you know if you'll be adding more colours? (red comes to mind, since that colour was there to make albino sims possible)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#21 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by EmuMaster2002
Nice to see these are back. Do you know if you'll be adding more colours? (red comes to mind, since that colour was there to make albino sims possible)

Once I or someone else figures out how to *add* eye options rather than just replacing them, I have every intention of putting out a bunch of eyes with a wide variety of hues and mixtures. Albino is a good idea, and I will certainly put it on my list!

These were taken down for a moment because CAS Demo-made packages are intermittently causing game crashes, and a couple of people had problems. I reapplied the files through the Sims 4 system and retested, so it should be good now.
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:52 AM
Great change! Works very well. I also love your picture, that takes me back to my childhood! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:43 AM
Awesome mod. :) Thanks for all the work.
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:24 PM
fantastic ! please do heterochromia eyes for example one blue and one green
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stellina96
fantastic ! please do heterochromia eyes for example one blue and one green

Oh, trust me, I would if I could! Unfortunately, the way the game is designed, there is one single eye skin that is repeated for both sides.

Been playing with it, and I think I can make non-replacement eyes now. I'll do some of them with heterochromic patches rather than just streaks like most people with heterochromia have. Once I figure out how to make it look right... So keep an eye out over the next few days for another eye upload.
Page 1 of 2