Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by esmesqualor
Do you get them onto the ground? It took me forever to get them out of inventory because the stupid 'plant' sign was in the way.

When I play next, I'll check to make sure I'm not missing anything.

Yep, I've placed veggies and whatnots on the ground, I don't get any options to plant them. Even ones I've bought online.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:10 AM
If phone rings when fast forwarding, there's no chance in hell to react in time to answer it. One ring and then he/she/it has hung up.
Inventor
#53 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:13 AM
You know what I miss are phone calls. In the Sims 2 your phone would ring at least once every couple days. As mch as it got annoying, I thought it was more realistic that people actually called you to talk to you. In the SIms 3, you got calls from other sims but not as much. And in 4 it doesn't look like anyone calls you at least from what I've seen.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:14 AM
Actually, I found how to bulldoze lots, but you have to enter the lot and click on the lot information button.

As for what I hate, why can't I see the information for my sim's job performance and needs while they are working?

Who thought that was a good idea?
Instructor
#55 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
You know what I miss are phone calls. In the Sims 2 your phone would ring at least once every couple days. As mch as it got annoying, I thought it was more realistic that people actually called you to talk to you. In the SIms 3, you got calls from other sims but not as much. And in 4 it doesn't look like anyone calls you at least from what I've seen.

My sim receives quite a few calls every day - some from friends who'd like to chat, some from people who'd like to come over to your place/would like for you to come over to their place.
Test Subject
#56 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 12:44 AM
No constrainfloorelevation. I cannot build the things I want any more.
Test Subject
#57 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:19 AM Last edited by cer21 : 5th Sep 2014 at 2:09 AM.
1.wish they kept in leveling up the woohoo skill but i understand there trying to keep it rated T
2.interior lighting is so damn dark but it's lighter outside
3.i wish they could have upped the anty and allow me to go to work with my sims.
4.Why did they take away design style?
5.i know we have loading screens but i feel towns could be bigger
overall i would have no problem waiting for future expacs if i did'nt know that it will be a long time befor we see the 1st expac and longer for other ones.
Field Researcher
#58 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 1:23 AM
1- I don't like the controls & menus. Especially while building. I hate searching for button all over my screen such as, I choose items from the bottom, I undo actions from the top, and I need to switch live & build mode and do some other things from the top right corner. It's all confusing, annoying. Even tho I know I will get used to it eventually, I still miss all the controls being at the bottom of my game. Also the bottom menu is way too large.

2- Edge scrolling doesn't work well. I know I can use w-s-a-d keys or right mouse button but as we have the edge scrolling as an option, which works the best for me when I play the sims, it must be fixed.

3- I hate all those loading screens, it reminds me TS2. I deeply miss the open neighbourhoods. I hate when I travel to somewhere I can no longer control the sims that are still at home. I hate having a loading screeen just to visit a next door neighbour. I miss open neighbourhoods badly. I hate seeing random sims disappear in the middle of the sidewalk.

4- I hate the horrible creepy demon baby syndrome.

5- I hate locked items in the buy mode.

6- The game feels so light and empty there's almost nothing to explore, discover. I feel like I am playing a raw beta game for testing.

My overall first reaction was like "what the heck have they done to my favourite game?" I mean when you name it the sims4, to me, it means "upgraded, improved, better, fancier" than the previous versions. But let alone improving anything, (besides build mode functions) they downgraded the whole game. The scenery, sky, outdoors visual quality is awful. And I can't believe that we are in 2014 and still getting those diagonal corners on circular objects in the sims.

No toddlers, no swimming pools (but fountains), no dishwashers and other small details, no NPCs, no create a style(which I am dying without), no open neighbourhoods... I just don't understand why and how could they make those decisions to take so many important stuff features away and kill this game. When I first heard of sims4 was coming, this definitely wasn't what I expected. I know a lot of players were expecting something dramatically better than sims 3 not a downgraded one. Let alone taking out many loved features, we were expecting to have some basic things included in base game this time, such as weather, pets... Really.. after playing the sims series for years, who would want to wait for 5 expansions to have some rain and a dog in their game?

I think EA either made a huge mistake, who know what they were thinking, or they did this concously just to slowly sunset the sims series. May be this is the end and there won't be a "the sims 5" in a couple of years.

Lastly, what I love in this game : Building roofs, the general build mode features, combining build&buy is nice, multitasking, smarter sims are nice, For the rest, everything makes me miss my TS3.

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Test Subject
#59 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:18 AM Last edited by placidbabe : 5th Sep 2014 at 5:21 AM. Reason: played the game more
I can't believe I paid $90 for this game ._.

I only got it yesterday so I haven't played the game a whole lot. I have played a single lot with 3 sims, gotten pregnant and had a baby which has just turned into a child. I have visited a park once and that's the extent of what I've done so far. The game is.... eh. OK. It has some cool things in it I guess but I really didn't see anything groundbreaking that made all the losses worth it. And there were SO MANY losses. Like... Toddlers and pools I didn't even care THAT much about before getting the game, but that's just the tip of the iceberg of what was left out. Pretty disappointing really.

I agree with everything everyone has said here, so I'll just add some things I didn't see mentioned.

- The lighting it really weird. I mean, I literally can not tell when it is day time and night time in the game without looking at the clock. It's too subtle and It's really confusing, especially when literally the whole neighborhood walks past your house at night. All night. All day long. The sims 3 had super dynamic lighting? What's up? This could be easily fixed though so I hope it will be soon.

-The babies. ARGH. Okay, I got pregnant and was really happy with how the pregnancy went. Was really happy to see all my clothes doubled as maternity clothes and I assume all clothes are the same. WIN. The pregnancy actually affected game play and I liked that. When my sim was super pregnant, she needed to pee soo much, couldn't actually sleep through the night. I thought it was cool. I think I also noticed her belly went through 2 or 3 different stages in size based one what trimester she was in? Cool.
THEN I went into labour. None of the housemates reacted. At all. Her boyfriend couldn't even have the option to take her to the hospital? I don't know, pretty sure I remember in the Sims 3, everyone would react to a sim having a baby? And so they should?

THEN the baby was born. Looks pretty cute. I like that there was the option to breastfeed, I thought that was pretty cool. But... It lived in the cradle? Maybe I didn't try hard enough, but your sim couldn't hold the baby and walk around with it, or do multiple interactions when holding. It just lived in the cradle and never moved. I thought sims were supposed to be able to multitask? I would expect they would hold the baby around the house, eat food while holding baby, talk with people while holding baby. But no.
It was WAY too... casual. I only bothered to keep the 'baby' for 2 sim days, and in that time, the baby only needed to change diaper once a day and that was it. I did also feed it when I changed it but it never was complaining to be fed. I would expect a baby to be crying for food and changes and company...Every couple of hours. But no, once a day and you can ignore it the rest of the day.
Also, no maternity leave from work. You just go back to work as normal, and baby 'disappears' while everyone is gone, then when you come back from work get a message saying Baby came home from daycare... Really?

I aged it up after that (you have the option to age the baby up the second it's born...) It literally had no purpose. I didn't previously care that toddlers were gone, but after having the baby I did wish there was something 'more' and the toddler would have benefited the game because of how lame the newborn baby was. Basically if you have a kid, age it instantly and get a child. It feels really disconnected.

- I hate it when I open the fridge to cook something, and it also opens my inventory! It's annoying I have to choose what I want to cook, then close my inventory.

- You can't call work and take sick days. From what I've noticed so far, you don't meet any people from work and I couldn't find any way to interact with how my sim performed while they were at work. Edit: Played more and you actually can change how your sim performs while at work and there is a 'meet coworkers' but I'm not sure how successful it is. I clicked it for 2 work days and no new sims in relationship panel. It must take a little while

-In the Sims3, when you gained skills, you could open the skill menu and have little 'challenges' to advance the skill further (for example, if you had a writing skill, you had the challenge to write x amount of romance books to get paid more and write quicker romance novels). I couldn't find any way to open the skills for such challenges. Edit: Played more and looks like there is something like this in the game.

All in all, I regret spending so much money on this game. It's worth no more then $50 really.
But I've got it now... I'm not even going to hope for really cool expansions because I already know they will suck. I'm just hoping for an active modding community that can 'fix' this game!
Test Subject
#60 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 2:43 AM
im reading the forums right now, thats already a bad sign! in sims 3 despite the lack of many things in the base game which i was used to from sims2 ep packs, i was drwan in and was experimenting with the create a style and the new open world for days, even weeks. i didnt even go to the forums i was too busy building and playing.

i hate the loading screen and the fake neighborhood sooo much in the sims4.
i loved the interactions, but after playing it for 2 days now they seem a little over the top and emotions sometimes super out of place.
i feel boxed in my own house and isolated. i dont care how populated the streets are the people feel like they have no other urpose than interact and bug u at your house. my neighbor is comming to visit me every single day and just never leaves. i want my privacy too!

the look of the sims is only good for the adults and young adults, there is no difference between teenagers and even elders are hard to spot.
i like the new deaths but the reactions are sometimes not even there.

alien babies, im sure will be fixed, but still its a bad disturbing bug.
there is not enough time to do anything
lots of things feel too guided and dont leave me with enough free room to play the way i want!
the town is empty there its soo small and i have no car cannot teach how to drive or anything i was able to in sims3.
i dont think they will add an open world as this feature was taken out and i dont know if they will be able to bring any of that back with ep or dlc

so atm im checking sims3 content i can add to my game i wanna go have a massive poolparty and go swimming in the ocean with my mermaid and then keep working on my mermaid and fairy world in caw
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:12 AM
I still miss CASt. More so than ever. Losing it has really broken my desire to decorate homes with this iteration. I am much less attached to my Sims 4 home than I am to my Sims 3 home. I freaking love my Sims 3 house. I spent hours customizing and re-customizing, designing wallpapers, matching hues of objects and doors... that house is a deep reflection of my personality and my personal tastes.

For the Sims 4? I just throw crap in a room that looks kind of similar in style and color. I'm sure creators are going to make insanely awesome things with their games, but I just can't get over the loss.
Test Subject
#62 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:14 AM
That the clock is inconsistent when switching to Turbo mode when sims go to work.
Test Subject
#63 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lalato
This.
I've been playing Sims for more than the decade. From Sims 1 and Sims 2, there was a huge leap in the game. The graphics were a huge improvement and also they introduced new things such as being able to customize how your sims look in detail and the genetics, and so much more. From Sims 2 to Sims 3, there was an open world, no loading screens, much more detailed play and so on... As a Sims fan, I've watched so many Sims 4 videos and even streams from twitch to see the game play of it. Seriously, there is nothing really that changed. I remember buying Sims 3 when it came out in 2009. It has been 5 years. I expect a better game, not a downgrade. Yes, the emotions and the "smart" sims are somewhat of improvement. But other than that, there is no significant changes or upgrades in this game that I am seriously disappointed. Of course, expansion packs will add to the game. But that has always been the case before. And I do not expect expansion packs to totally change the game play. It will just add to it, if you know what I mean. As a Sims fan for such a long time, I really did expect something better than this. I don't mind spending money on game, if it seems worthy of the money. I was playing Sims 3 last night and honestly, it was great. I cannot imagine being stuck in the loading screens and small world anymore, even if the loading takes just a few seconds. Everything about this game is just disappointing.

Yeah, I will admit that I like the sims much more in sims 4 than sims 3 and that the neighbourhood seems more lively because there are people constantly passing by, but that's about it. The whole game is lazy work, it should have kept everything from sims 3 and improved it instead of going backwards in dozens of aspects. So not enough sims shows up in public places in sims 3 because of the open world system let's "fix" the problem by removing open world altogether, it's just plain out lazy.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 3:56 AM
Well its too dark. Cant wait for a lighting mod. Cant wait for more stuff to do. Little stuff, big stuff, whatever. Needs more JOBS. The camera is weird to work or doesnt work very well. Its more important in this game though cause I like playing close up. The sitting down/getting up dancing thing in public places is a little weird, it will probably be fixed. thats about all right now.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 7:25 AM
Most of what everyone else said I agree with, but here are a few.

No clear distinction between buy mode and build mode. It took me a few hours to see that buy mode was in build mode.
Pedestrians walking into your house freely when you great them outside of your house. Why can't I meet them where they are at?
The fact that I have to rotate the game with my keyboard or a drop down bar on the UI.
Edge scrolling is such a chore.

Bottom line: The game was poorly made and it's such a dead giveaway. Most of the actions contradict each other. That's how you know no serious thought went into developing the game.

HE doesn't need an introduction.
Test Subject
#66 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:11 AM
All this and more.

Anyone else have issues where your sims will flat out disregard what you tell them to do to go watch tv or troll on teh interwebs? It's so fricken annoying. Their mood bars are FINE, and they'll just stop skilling up or whatever to go do random crap. They study for like an hour and then just stop and move on. It makes skill leveling really irritating.
Top Secret Researcher
#67 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 8:17 AM
I dislike the fact that if I have a Loner sim, they still receive Whims to do social things. Like tell someone a story, or a joke, or meet someone new.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Stupid people are stupid
#68 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:48 AM
After reading lots of threads about it I was under the impression that babies would be inanimate objects, not to be interacted with. This absolutely made my week, as I hate babies (and toddlers), because they need constant care.
Only after playing I found out you still need to care for those little rats...
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#69 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 9:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cer21
1.wish they kept in leveling up the woohoo skill but i understand there trying to keep it rated T.

I don't understand it at all. I could understand if they left woohoo out of the game altogether but since they have it in, what's wrong with having a skill in it? It would still be learnt "discretely" under the covers like unskilled woohoo. And it was gonna be hidden anyway so no preteen would have to be aware that the reason the partners were walking more perkily when they got up was cos it was getting more satisfying. It would just be something players who were more aware would appreciate.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#70 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cer21
1.wish they kept in leveling up the woohoo skill but i understand there trying to keep it rated T

The woohoo skill and levelling it was from the NRaas Woohooer mod, or more exactly the KamaSimtra plugin for it. It was not in the base TS3 game.
Test Subject
#71 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Moraelin
The woohoo skill and levelling it was from the NRaas Woohooer mod, or more exactly the KamaSimtra plugin for it. It was not in the base TS3 game.

They mentioned there was going to be a woohoo skill in TS4 at some point, then removed it later, pretty sure this is what's being referred to here.
Theorist
#72 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 10:21 AM
Switching between sims on different lots is going wonky. My first sim was in the library reading a book and the second sim was at home about to be late for work. So I had to switch and order him to go. When I switched back, the first sim was no longer in the library but standing outside as if he had just traveled there. That sim is a loner sim, and you would think that when he reads a book he wouldn't go downstairs where all the people are and sit right next to a stranger to read the book. As for getting embarrassed at any slight awkwardness, they got it right to have the sim need to recover away from everyone. Outside the library there were two children kneeling on the concrete on their knees to read their books.
Instructor
#73 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:18 AM
Too buff!

I have an little sim dude who has the active trait. Not even to lvl 4 in fitness and he's already gone all Captain America, and I'd rather he be a bit more Steve Rogers. Thank goodness you can modify back in CAS, which I have 3 times now to scale him down from hulking behemoth.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:29 AM
Main pet peeve right now is the horrible lighting. Placing a million and a half thousand ceiling lights all over the house now to be able to see properly.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 5th Sep 2014 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by siletka
I dislike the fact that if I have a Loner sim, they still receive Whims to do social things. Like tell someone a story, or a joke, or meet someone new.

I consider myself a loner, but SOME company is nice, so I get it. LOL

HE doesn't need an introduction.
Locked thread
Page 3 of 223