Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 4 Superman Outfit

by guidion Posted 8th Sep 2014 at 1:52 PM - Updated 18th Sep 2014 at 6:41 PM by guidion : spelling errors

26 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 19 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 2:00 PM
Thank you
Lab Assistant
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 3:52 PM
Well done! I love superhero stuff!

As an aside, where did you find that detail muscle texture? I can't seem to find it digging through the game files...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#4 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM
Glad to see you making your superhero stuff for TS4, nice work!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:20 PM
Awesome! Any way you can make one for females so I can have Super Girl?

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:20 PM
I have been asked by a few different people as to how I got this to work, having its own thumbnail, and being in the categories that it is in so here is what I did, in case anyone else wants to know...

First I used S4PE to open the SimulationFullBuild0 file (actual game) and exported the Nude Male Top, and Bottom CasPart Files (you can find them a little easier by enabling the filter in S4PE to Resource Type 0x034AEECB, and then sorting through the names that appear in the preview window, fourth line down. Ok, here is where things got tricky. As the Naked cas-part does not include a .dds file (actually technically it does, but it is a blank file with an all black alpha channel), so I exported a .dds file (using the file export function, not export dds) from another clothing item (cant remember what, but it does not matter). I then hex-edited the Cas-Part file to show a different instance for the texture, I used 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF (make sure to only change the value for the 0x3453cf95 item) Note that the hex value is reverse in the file itself so that an item with an instance ID of 0x995E0C95E0359066 will appear in the cas file as 66 90 35 E0 95 0C 5E 99. After making this hex edit, and changing the default category ID (forgot what it was, but changed it to 53BA, again that appears reverse in the actual cas part file), saved the file and imported it into my project. I then imported the DDs file, as is not using the import as dds option, just the import option, changed the instance ID on import to 0xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF and imported the random DDS file. after this import I selected the UNKN resource (the texture I just imported) and used the import from DDS option, and imported the texture I was going to actually use (make sure it is saved as DTX5 interpolated Alpha). I then tested it in game, and it appeared, but did not go into any of the categories there (like pants, jeans, shorts, underwear) So I used Color Magic to clone the item, which let me set the name, and the swatches as well. for the Category, I used Pants (generic) for the legs, and Tee-Shirts for the top. This changed my instance ID to what it is now ( 0x995E0C95E0359066) and now the item appears where I want it, and is not inside another object. Changing the Part Category was the key part in getting it to have its own thumbnail, but if you use the one in my example, your new item will appear in with mine, so use a different one to start with, I just incremented the number by 1 so believe the original part category was 5EB9, but again cannot remember if that is true or it Color Magic changed it. Remember that in hex, numbers go 0-9 then A-F so 59 would increment to 5A.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MaclimesZero
As an aside, where did you find that detail muscle texture? I can't seem to find it digging through the game files...

I am sorry, but I do not remember the actual resource name for that. I set S4PE to filter by Resource Type 0X3453CF95, and opened the ClientFullBuild6.package. I then went through and looked at the textures one by one until I found it (in the preview pane). I exported as DDS, and the file name is 8, so that is no help. I do have the file though, with no edits, I do not know the best way to get this to you if you want it. You can PM, me your e-mail address, and I can e-mail it if you would like. It is all white in its native form by the way.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nouseguy
Awesome! Any way you can make one for females so I can have Super Girl?

Thanks!

My goal is to re-make all of my Sims3 heroes, so Super Girl is on her way (I cant remember where, but there is a super girl for sims 4 out there already, google Sims 4 Superman, and you will find one that looks like the movie (Man Of Steel) Krypton Outfits, mine will be more traditional)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 9:17 PM
LOL wow. This is cool, thanks for making this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 11:55 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:23 PM
Thanks >:p
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 7:40 AM
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Superman <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 11th Sep 2014 at 6:06 PM
cheers this is great :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 8:22 PM
Looking forward to Batman! =)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 4:17 AM
Sorry Folks, just realized that this outfit is for Teens through Elderly Males, not just Young Adult and Adult! Updated the main page to reflect that.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:36 PM
This outfit has been edited to be compatible with default-nude male replacements, in case anyone makes any. Please re-download, and sorry for the in-convenience.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 11:49 PM
Is it me or does that look like the Tom Welling superman (Smallville)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:40 AM
Looks *amazing*! I especially like the coloring choices so you can go traditional, current, or even chest-tattoo style. Thanks for creating this costume, Guidion, and for making it available for us!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#19 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 5:51 AM
Super Awesome ;)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 5:36 PM
thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:24 PM
thankkkk
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 2:33 AM
Hi, thank you very much, can you help, how can I change the color of the boots, for example for black one... thank you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 9th Jan 2016 at 2:19 AM
This is great!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 8th Feb 2016 at 12:16 PM
Awesome but where is the cape?
Test Subject
#25 Old 7th Apr 2016 at 9:42 PM
Figure out how to make a cape and I'll download it.

Superman isn't Superman without a cape!
Page 1 of 2