Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#26 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:12 PM
I still want an EP about sports/hobbies. Join a club, make friends there, and gain skill. Strong emotions when your little Sim kiddie comes home with his first medal. Special interactions with teammates. Go pro when you have talent? Sooo many possibilities.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:27 PM
i think that an EP will be released first.. not a stuff pack.
Field Researcher
#28 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:20 AM
Probably a free holiday themed set.
Scholar
#29 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:29 AM
They will try to make an OFB type thing. In this iteration it seems to be about them not really knowing what to do and going after our stray desires, much like they did with Ambitions. Ambitions was not even near to being an OFB type of EP. And the bugs. Argh...

In a word: I see something like that again: half-baked, just like Ambitions or this BG itself.
I mean, when listening to what TS4 was supposed to be about, I got the impression that finally they are listening to the rotation players, but heck - toddlers (and lets finally face it: teens and elders too; even adults!) got swiped in the process. Not rotationing around only the young adults, thank you very much. What would be the point? In TS2, where I practice strict rotations, the point is to get it all out of the game, to play out all the content it had, with various EPs and SPs coming to the fore in my gameplay, depending on the household I played. TS2, in the end, gave me that sort of diversity. Diversity - the key word here.

And, please, those of us Simmers doing it, stop with this "I don't like toddlers, so it's okay not to have them". This is a sort of thing that is more easily dealt with by diversified player choices (like TS3 aging options) and possibly hacks that let you skip it than with what they did. Namely, even in TS2, you didn't have to play them! But we that played them now must tolerate their complete absence. (I for one won't, though, and that's that.) You people need to know that EA wasn't listening to your needs about this - the toddlers were not scrapped because a percentage of us -i.e. you that defend this decision- can't stand toddler stage. They did this cause they are in a wrong place about this game. It seems to me that they literally have NO idea what this game needs and are flying blind after our, at best, stray desires, as I said earlier, even if they are listening to us.

They are sacred, I think. It is "hanging in the balance". Whatever the next title is, it will be riddled with this neurosis they'd already displayed with comments like: no TS5 if this one fails, etc.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 9:00 AM
Maybe toddlers and pools expansion pack. And probably some crazy shit like Katy Perry stuff pack
Because everything is about WEIRD stories
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:14 AM
Maxis released a lot of free terrains for SimCity, which makes me wonder if they’re going to give a us a handful of towns for The Sims 4. At the moment, we know how the game functions with being able to switch between two towns, so I wonder if there is a limit of how many towns you can have per game. Anyways, it would've been nice if they gave us a town editor like they did with The Sims 3, but I imagine not having an open world most likely complicates things a bit (I could be wrong).
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BiscoMix
Maxis released a lot of free terrains for SimCity, which makes me wonder if they’re going to give a us a handful of towns for The Sims 4. At the moment, we know how the game functions with being able to switch between two towns, so I wonder if there is a limit of how many towns you can have per game. Anyways, it would've been nice if they gave us a town editor like they did with The Sims 3, but I imagine not having an open world most likely complicates things a bit (I could be wrong).

Plus if people could create their own worlds, charging 20$ at the store for them would look bad.
Scholar
#33 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nissun
Plus if people could create their own worlds, charging 20$ at the store for them would look bad.

They could with Sims 3. And it did make them look bad. The only advantage EA had was the occasional new feature that they would package with the world. Like with Aurora Skies - ooooh hot air balloons and a pretty sky!

I think for an EP they'd go with either Business or Holiday/WA-themed EP. I think they know that the game, compared to TS3, doesn't have as many activities so they're going to increase what you can do with your sims before fleshing out "normal" family life for your sims with something like seasons or pets.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Field Researcher
#34 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 11:10 AM
Let's just hope there is an expansion or stuff pack.
Scholar
#35 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 12:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zennia
Let's just hope there is an expansion or stuff pack.

I don't think there is a thing as "hope" or "is there".

There will definitely be one.

Field Researcher
#36 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 1:15 PM
The next one should either be Late Night (with Showtime) / Nightlife / Hot Date based OR a PROPER version of Generations where the EP looks more like an expansion pack than a stuff pack.
Test Subject
#37 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:14 PM
I would love a toddlers pack, as someone mentioned. I was not a huge fan of stuff packs in TS3, but I would LOVE to see a teen stuff pack like they had in Sims 2. Overall, they need a late night, seasons, and university life EP. I'm honestly really liking the Sims 4 so far (just got it yesterday). Although, yes I miss things from TS3, I'm really enjoying it. Was it worth 60 dollars? Not really. But, I don't regret getting it. It runs so much better on my computer than the Sims 3 did.
Test Subject
#38 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyo666
Maybe toddlers and pools expansion pack. And probably some crazy shit like Katy Perry stuff pack
Because everything is about WEIRD stories

I swear if another waste of an EP like Katy Perry comes out I'm gonna explode. Sorry if you liked it but in my honest opinion it was stupid as heck.
Test Subject
#39 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by allforlove58
I swear if another waste of an EP like Katy Perry comes out I'm gonna explode. Sorry if you liked it but in my honest opinion it was stupid as heck.

Liked? HELL NO!!!!!
That stuff make my eyes burn
Alchemist
#40 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 3:45 PM
It will probably be OFB, it's a bit too early to release a toddlers/generations EP, since they don't want it to seem too obvious.
Test Subject
#41 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 4:10 PM
Toddlers I hope.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 4:26 PM
I wish they'd release an EP with toddlers and pools, I miss those! The neighborhoods are so vibrant and sunny, I can fell my poor sims sweating invisible sweat while I play. I'd also be happy with some Generations-esque stuff (I loved boarding schools) and things like holidays, maternity leave and a sexy gardener

EAxis should think very carefully about this EP, they really can't screw it up as this first expansion must save the game's hurt reputation.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 4:31 PM
I am hoping for an OFB expansion, but I won't be surprised if it's a kitchen (Mansions and Gardens) stuff pack.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 5:05 PM
My guess is some kind of celebrity/performing EP. There are already quite a few of the pieces there, musicians and comedians, that the lack of stages and a reliable way to gather a crowd for a show is kind of glaring. They could expand on it, give us bands and more instruments, etc. I'd rather see something like seasons or a "hot date"esque EP with restaurants (since there's not much to do at the current bars and lounges), but that's my guess.
Test Subject
#45 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bananas8338
The first official release will be something in TS4's Store. After that, there will probably be an SP, but I have no idea what kind. I don't really care for SPs personally.

In terms of EPs, the first EP should be a Toddlers pack. I'm thinking two new lifestages (why not?) - toddlers, plus a tween/pre-teen stage, with tonnes of items, interactions and general new crap for babies, toddlers, kids and pre-teens. Meanwhile, a patch is released that gives us a family tree function.

While we're on the subject of lifestages, I would also like to see a Teen to Elder EP, where the focus is on new activities and items for these age groups. Things like a playable elder retirement home - how cool would that be?!

Honestly though, it'll probably be something more generic like Night Life/Late Night or something. Something that will be a good EP in itself, but not really crucial to what players want/need in the game currently (ahem, toddlers )

I would like a Nightlife EP.
CARS

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

xBox GTag: FederalCloud384
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:38 PM
The first Ep, I think, will be about pools and water stuffs, with more interaction (other than those we already know)
I Wish to see toddlers and pre-teen back. I hope when toddlers will be re-introducted, you can bring them outside your home, and see them with their mum or their dad around the city, like the other sims.

I honestly like the fact teenagers now are as tall as adult. Most real teenagers are as tall as adults. A pree-teen phase would be nice to see anyway. In early stage of your life, is the moment you grow faster, so few life stage are necessary.

The difference between teens and adult is: The size of the head (slighty bigger - look in the cas) rounder face and a thinner frame. In the game the only default teenager I saw is Cassandra Goth. I didn't see other teenagers. On the other hand there are many kids.
Even young adults and adults have some difference in frame.

And I want a Create a World toll. I want to do a real big city, with hunderd and hunderd lots.

OT - On my PC, loading screen last in about 2/3 seconds. Longest loading screen was about 5 seconds. Incredible.
Sims 2 - just the base game has longer loading screen - on my PC!

@Nabucodonsorll - I'm looking for Mrs.Crumplebottom too XD

@gladtduke2131 - I agree

@FederalCloud384 - CARS! I forgot them. I'm thinking more to toddlers and pre-teen.
Test Subject
#47 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:48 PM
Here's what I want.

Cars. Pools. Car Pools. Garages. Toddlers.

That's about it. Obviously, Pets and Seasons. with perhaps Vampires and Nightclubs later. But my first 4 are what I'm desperate for. Why on earth did they think my Sim would teleport to work?
Scholar
#48 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 7:52 PM
Usually the first EP for a new sims game is one which gives you something you couldn't do at all before in the game with totally new locations and interactions - Sims 2 had university, Sims 3 had WA.

Won't be nightlife as you can already have parties and there are community lots which are workable as clubs. Won't be a ambitions as there's relatively a lot to do compared to previous base games.

Test Subject
#49 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:18 PM
The lots are too small for pools.
Test Subject
#50 Old 10th Sep 2014 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliceSacco
The first Ep, I think, will be about pools and water stuffs, with more interaction (other than those we already know)
I Wish to see toddlers and pre-teen back. I hope when toddlers will be re-introducted, you can bring them outside your home, and see them with their mum or their dad around the city, like the other sims.

I honestly like the fact teenagers now are as tall as adult. Most real teenagers are as tall as adults. A pree-teen phase would be nice to see anyway. In early stage of your life, is the moment you grow faster, so few life stage are necessary.

The difference between teens and adult is: The size of the head (slighty bigger - look in the cas) rounder face and a thinner frame. In the game the only default teenager I saw is Cassandra Goth. I didn't see other teenagers. On the other hand there are many kids.
Even young adults and adults have some difference in frame.

And I want a Create a World toll. I want to do a real big city, with hunderd and hunderd lots.

OT - On my PC, loading screen last in about 2/3 seconds. Longest loading screen was about 5 seconds. Incredible.
Sims 2 - just the base game has longer loading screen - on my PC!

@Nabucodonsorll - I'm looking for Mrs.Crumplebottom too XD

@gladtduke2131 - I agree

@FederalCloud384 - CARS! I forgot them. I'm thinking more to toddlers and pre-teen.

Sorry, just expressing an opinion.

F*** toddlers and pools. I want the muscle and the hatchback that are in toys section
EDIT: I also want CAW.

I'll have two number 9s, a number 9 large, a number 6 with extra dip, a number 7, two number 45s, one with cheese, and a large soda.

xBox GTag: FederalCloud384
Page 2 of 3