Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Stupid people are stupid
Original Poster
#51 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
I will ask anyone here who has seen this culling occur in their own game, what is the total population in this save game when the culling on Thursday has happened? This is total population I'm asking about, every single sim in all the houses and the homeless extra people all included. Count them up one by one in that Household Management screen, it makes no difference if you have 'played' them or not! Total Population, nothing else.
My total population (after the culling appeared) is 79...
That is nowhere near that magic 180 mark.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AngelFrouk
My total population (after the culling appeared) is 79...
That is nowhere near that magic 180 mark.

Is this a game where you are playing through the generations, so the sims you started with have died of old age and you are playing the descendants? So there are deceased sims in the game before you ever saw the problem?

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Stupid people are stupid
Original Poster
#53 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
Is this a game where you are playing through the generations, so the sims you started with have died of old age and you are playing the descendants? So there are deceased sims in the game before you ever saw the problem?

Yes, my main sim had two daughters. I moved one daughter into a home with her husband and two kids. I moved another sim in with mom and second daughter. Killed the mom and moved the second daughter into a new home.
After that I noticed daughter one's husband and kids missing. After looking for more I noticed daughter two's husband's girlfriend missing too, along with their son.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#54 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:32 PM
AngelFrouk, is this with or without the No-Genealogicide mod? If you have that in and it's still happening, you may want to report that .. ?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Stupid people are stupid
Original Poster
#55 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
AngelFrouk, is this with or without the No-Genealogicide mod? If you have that in and it's still happening, you may want to report that .. ?

That was before the mod...
Have added it to my game this afternoon, but haven't played til Thursday yet.
Mad Poster
#56 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 3:53 PM
I couldn't cause any change whatsoever by altering that 180 sims number; I tried someone else's save games which have the problem with disappearing sims and the same thing happened, it played out the same with sims being purged from a few families (this is without that No-Gen mod installed, just to be clear). It's something I wanted to check out, therefor I was asking others about it.

MedievalMods and Sims3mods: Dive Cave Reset Fix, Resort Revamp, Industrial Oven Revamp, Will O' Wisp fix, UI Sounds Disabled, No Cars, Gnome Family Planner, Townies Out on the Town, No Martial Arts Clothes, Fast Skilling, etc. http://simsasylum.com/tfm/
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 3:53 PM
I have had this issue since the game came out. It doesn't seem to have any connection to your no-gen mod, Shimrod.

I first noticed it when I wanted to see how the game would react to one of my male sims getting every female sim in town pregnant. After the 4th child, things started to act weird and after everyone had given birth, my sim aged them up. I moved a few sims out after they had aged up and a few to make room for the kids. After I reloaded the game, several of the entire families were gone except for the children my sim had helped produce: the Goths, Landgraab (including Malcom that was in his own place), etc.

I also just had a save completely corrupt due to the townies being annihilated. I had had a comedian that I started just after I got sims 4. Since there is the friends requirement for the job, I made friends with townies as well as the pre-mades. I had allowed for townies to move into houses, but when I played last night, I had this unchecked and kicked everyone out that was a townie to be homeless. When I went to go and kick the townies out, I kept thinking there were way too many of them. Thursday rolled around and the game lagged for a long time. Poof all the townies were gone. Also gone was my sims' ability to write long comedy routines. I tried resetting the computer, my sim, the desk, nothing. I moved him to a different house, restarted the game and finally saved him to the bin. When I started a fresh save, he was fine. Obviously having a high friendship with the townies being annihilated caused corruption.

I hope this helps. I don't know if you were looking for save file corruption, but there it is. Also, when I started the first save with the sim wanting a bunch of random kids, I had just you lighting mod. The comedian I had none at first. Last night I had several more, but I can hardly think it would cause the corruption since I have played other saves with the same mods and not had the same thing happen. None of the mods modify relationships. Let me know if you want the short list. All are found here.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by veiledstar
I have had this issue since the game came out. It doesn't seem to have any connection to your no-gen mod, Shimrod.

That mod is not made by me, it's the one in the Creator Feedback Forum I'm talking about.

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:57 PM
There are two story progression actions which can delete sims in your neighborhood.

One of them, called max population, only kicks in when the neighborhood population exceeds 180, and should only ever delete unplayed sims and it takes out entire households, not individual sims, and will avoid deleting sims that have strong relationships with others unless it simply can't be helped (although I haven't tested this, only read the code). This is likely only to cause adverse impact to people who have a large number of played sims, as it leaves less room for unplayed sims among the 180 and a higher chance that an unplayed sim they care about doesn't make the cut.

The second action, which is causing issues for many people, is calling genealogy pruning. Essentially, this action starts deleting sims when families get too big or too complicated. It has the tendency to take out individual or few sims in a household. It does not consider whether or not you played the sim, what kind of relationships it has, and so on. If the family gets too big, it just starts deleting sims when Thursday morning rolls around in game.

I have a mod in testing that disables the genealogy issue, fixing most issues with disappearing sims (but not the ocassional case of unplayables disappearing because of town population). This is the "no gen" mod Shimrod is referring to (I,e, "no genealogicide" which is just a play on words, I really mean "no genealogy pruning")

I think there might be confusing because people think "no gen" means the game no longer generates townies, which sounds like Shimrod's mod. I do recommend Shimrod's mod, to help prevent your neighborhood from reaching 180. But I also recommend (highly) the no genealogicide mod, if you are willing to install a mod that is in testing. So far, the results are highly positive.

If you experienced a lag spike on Thursday morning followed by the disappearance of a bunch of sims, that's definitely the genealogy pruning. The fact that you impregnated a bunch of women in the neighborhood (creating a relationship among all of their families via common descendants) would definitely set off the genealogy pruner.

However, I have seen no evidence to suggest that this pruning actually corrupts saves. The act of deleting sims is HIGHLY undesirable, to say the least, but that doesn't mean the save is corrupt. The fact that one interaction disappeared (which may or may not have even been related) and was later restored does not sound like corruption to me.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Inventor
#60 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:48 PM
A new patch from EA is here. Has anyone tried it already?

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himawara106
A new patch from EA is here. Has anyone tried it already?

Another user reported that the EA patch fixed the genealogy pruning but not the max population pruning. It sounds like it makes my mod completely obsolete.
I'm going to take a look tonight and see if there are any differences that we should be worried about,

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Inventor
#62 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
Another user reported that the EA patch fixed the genealogy pruning but not the max population pruning. It sounds like it makes my mod completely obsolete.
I'm going to take a look tonight and see if there are any differences that we should be worried about,

Thank you for all your efforts. It's good that EA fixed it so that other players who don't use mods can play without disappearing sims.

Do I understand it correctly that the max population pruning deletes "not in world" townies randomly? Does this mean that with the patch only the sims in houses are save and won't get deleted?

You never know what’s comin’ for ya.
Stupid people are stupid
Original Poster
#63 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 12:24 PM
Thanks guys, for keeping us updated. I've included the newest info in the first post.
Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 1:16 PM
Of course now I see I am not the only one that has sims missing. The two I had missing are sims that I had downloaded from the gallery the day after the game was released. So these two sims were the ones that had maxed almost all of their skills, almost at the top of their careers and they had a daughter which was married and had a son. When I went back into the game, the two original sims were gone. Now I had put over 70 hours into this one family, because it was basically to gather information on certain skills. I was playing an unrelated sim in a new game and there was only about 30 other sims in households in this neighborhood. At this time, I am not playing this game anymore until this is fixed. A lot of time to spend and hard work for it go out the window.
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 8:54 AM
So, I thought this issue was fixed, but has anyone else noticed the game is culling all of the ghosts? I'm assuming just ghosts, possibly elders and ghosts (I wasn't playing the household so the elders may have died). The game is eating almost all of my ghosts, which is kind of annoying because it's eating them before I even have a chance to see them as ghosts.

The Test of Time Challenge BLOG
Sims 4 stories blog HERE
Locked thread | Locked by: AngelFrouk Reason: Solved by patching the game.
Page 3 of 3