Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 8:38 AM
Default Household showering/bathing with their clothes on
I made two sims in a new household and started playing them today, when I saw they were both showering and bathing with their clothes on. I was thinking it was some mod that broke after the 1st Oct patch, but after searching for similar experiences post-patch on the most likely culprits (decensor, nude clothing, skins mods etc.) I didn't find anything.

I then started removing and then testing the most likely mods, and then everything, to no avail. I then thought to check some of my other households, but none of them have this problem. My other households were created before the last 01.10 patch.

What happens is that the household in question when changing into nude to shower or take a bath, will change into a different set of clothes. The kicker is that the clothes they change into are different from sim to sim - one a fullbody formal dress, and the other a combination of everyday top and skirt. None of these clothes they change into have been part of their wardrobe, or have been chosen after creation. None of the sims have the clumsy trait that supposedly have som sims shower with clothes in infrequently.

Any ideas?

List of downloads here
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Oct 2014 at 12:13 PM
This is an EA bug. Hopefully they fix it soon.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear
This is an EA bug. Hopefully they fix it soon.

Do we know anything more about this? I'm wary of creating new sims or households to play with this bug in wait for a possible fix from EA.

Does it happen random?
Does it happen to all new households created?
Female/Male sims of all ages?
New sims only, even when added to a household created before patch?

List of downloads here
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 4:54 AM
Curious to know if anybody else is having too much of a problem with this. It's certainly driving me nuts. What appears in my game should be happening to everyone else too if this is a simple game bug introduced in the last patch (and should have most people frustrated)

For me, this happens to every new sim, every time. I cannot create a new sim at all without this happening. I cannot even "play with genetics" to create a twin/sibling/family member of any one pre-patch household, and then change the relation to move the sim out to a separate household. Every newly created sim, every possible way, of all age and genders, will be showering and bathing in randomly selected clothes.

If only a few people are experiencing this it is unlikely a general bug and have something to do with mods, tuners, settings etc. As I don't think this is very high on the bugfix list, I would very much like to hear others experience. I don't see this mentioned much anywhere - only a similar issue with Sims3.

List of downloads here
Test Subject
#5 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:21 AM
I've had this problem since the last patch, but have only caught two of my sims doing it on two seperate occasions, not every time. It was a Male adult, and a female child using the bath.
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:29 AM
I'm having the same issue, I thought it might be a cc problem, but I guess not! Really hope this gets fixed soon .-.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 5:34 AM
I'm sorry! This was indeed a partly CC issue. I have hundreds of CC in my game, and after hours of checking first each "category" of CC, I finally found the problem in CAS/clothing. Particularly a piece of clothing that was affecting the "bathing" clothes the sims use. If I understand correctly this was also a know issue in S3 (which I never played).

I removed the package and it worked. This is not a universal problem as the creator did not have the same problem. This issue also have several aspects - since the recent update I have put the troublesome CC back, and now the problem is gone. I'm guessing with many people reporting similar issues, the patch (25.10?) fixed something related that also solved the above issue. Before the patch, all I had to do was move the troublesome CC out when creating new sims, and after they were done and moved in somewhere, I moved the CC back and restarted.

From everything I did, yhe problem is most likely first caused by a piece of clothing or accessory. I tested mods, tuners, walls/floors, objects etc. Find the piece of clothing that caused this to start happening and move it. Delete the cache. Make sure it is now working. Apply the last patch and if you really want try to reintroduce the CC that caused it.

List of downloads here
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Jan 2015 at 4:52 AM
does that mean i have to go through all my clothes cc XD
Test Subject
#9 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 9:15 AM
is there any way to edit their naked outfit in CAS? I had this problem with TS3 but back then I had Master Controller to edit my sims' outfits. I miss Master Controller : (
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 19th Jan 2015 at 11:19 PM
The only time I noticed this happening was at the Gym lot. I just assumed the guy didn't like everyone walking in and out of the bathrooms, or his clothes needed a wash, and since we don't have washing machines in Sims 4, a shower is the next best option. :P

In all seriousness though, it was only ever that one sim. I never noticed it with any others. So, my thinking is it's just a random bug. But I dunno, either. It is strange, though.
Test Subject
#11 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 3:24 AM
Default sims created before offending cc removed still shower in their clothes
Quote: Originally posted by Ellusion
I'm sorry! This was indeed a partly CC issue. I have hundreds of CC in my game, and after hours of checking first each "category" of CC, I finally found the problem in CAS/clothing. Particularly a piece of clothing that was affecting the "bathing" clothes the sims use. If I understand correctly this was also a know issue in S3 (which I never played).

I removed the package and it worked. This is not a universal problem as the creator did not have the same problem. This issue also have several aspects - since the recent update I have put the troublesome CC back, and now the problem is gone. I'm guessing with many people reporting similar issues, the patch (25.10?) fixed something related that also solved the above issue. Before the patch, all I had to do was move the troublesome CC out when creating new sims, and after they were done and moved in somewhere, I moved the CC back and restarted.

From everything I did, yhe problem is most likely first caused by a piece of clothing or accessory. I tested mods, tuners, walls/floors, objects etc. Find the piece of clothing that caused this to start happening and move it. Delete the cache. Make sure it is now working. Apply the last patch and if you really want try to reintroduce the CC that caused it.

Hi!
I had this exact same problem. I did what you did. I went through all my clothing and accessory custom content. I found the offending clothing cc and removed it. Now when I make a new household, they no longer shower in their clothes. The only problem is with households that I created before the faulty cc was removed. These prior households still shower in their clothes as if they are recognizing the cc override of the nude outfit. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 24th Jan 2015 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lillyfox
Hi!
I had this exact same problem. I did what you did. I went through all my clothing and accessory custom content. I found the offending clothing cc and removed it. Now when I make a new household, they no longer shower in their clothes. The only problem is with households that I created before the faulty cc was removed. These prior households still shower in their clothes as if they are recognizing the cc override of the nude outfit. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Thanks

I may be wrong, but you can try to delete cache files or maybe try the resetsim cheat. You can also maybe go back into cas [the cheat of testingcheats on, not restarting] and try to change outfits. I might not be correct, but it may work.

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Test Subject
#13 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simalary44
I may be wrong, but you can try to delete cache files or maybe try the resetsim cheat. You can also maybe go back into cas [the cheat of testingcheats on, not restarting] and try to change outfits. I might not be correct, but it may work.

Thanks for the reply. I did try your suggestions, but I think that I fixed it a different way...crossing fingers. What I noticed is that is was the male sims that were showering in their clothes (not females), AND they were all putting on the same pair of custom pants that I had downloaded. So I deleted those pants, and voila, they are no longer showering in their clothes. It is just strange because those pants were not causing a problem when I tested the cc earlier on new households. When I tested the cc earlier, it was a female tank top that was causing the problem (which I also deleted). .....don't know
Test Subject
#14 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:20 AM
Problem with showering in clothes.
The problem I found out is that when I removed clothing in CAS, the Bra and Panties default was being replaced with other clothing.
Searched for the offending clothes with S4PE. Took a long time,
1. Removed the Mod folder to the desktop, Made a empty Mod folder(and sub directories if you have them.) where I took the other one from.
2. Moved five at a time to a folder I named "CHECKED' once I was sure they were ok , I put them back into the game.
3. run the game once in a while to see if the defaults show up again. If I had any left I moved them all back at once.
4. I put a folder called "Move once these have checked out" in to the mods folder(for the recent downloads.) if they check out, I put them where I want them.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 1:00 PM
I recently started having this problem with the 3rd Feb 2015 new patch. It is only happening to the female. Last time it was a swimsuit that was causing my Sims to wear clothes in the shower. My male Sims are fine. I went through all my CC, clothes, accessories. I even took out my clothes folder.

Weird thing is I switched houses and played Pancake guy Bob and his wife Eliza. I sent her for a shower and she was fine. I switched back to my house and she is wearing a top, or she will wear the default bra. So I am still convince it has something to do with the patch. I am just wondering if the Valentine underwear had anything to do with it. (probably not) I took out all my mods except the remove mosaic blur and what do you know my Sims were still wearing the default bra. Oh well I guess I am going to wait and see if the next patch fixes it. It's annoying because it took forever to find that offending CC last time but this time there is nothing to find.
Scholar
#16 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pickletoe
I recently started having this problem with the 3rd Feb 2015 new patch. It is only happening to the female. Last time it was a swimsuit that was causing my Sims to wear clothes in the shower. My male Sims are fine. I went through all my CC, clothes, accessories. I even took out my clothes folder.

Weird thing is I switched houses and played Pancake guy Bob and his wife Eliza. I sent her for a shower and she was fine. I switched back to my house and she is wearing a top, or she will wear the default bra. So I am still convince it has something to do with the patch. I am just wondering if the Valentine underwear had anything to do with it. (probably not) I took out all my mods except the remove mosaic blur and what do you know my Sims were still wearing the default bra. Oh well I guess I am going to wait and see if the next patch fixes it. It's annoying because it took forever to find that offending CC last time but this time there is nothing to find.

My game is fully patched and all my Sims are showering in the nude. I have the no mosaic and all is working correctly. If you have a mod that allows them to wear any clothes to work or the one that makes them change into everyday clothes when they get home they are known to cause issues. There was also one other one that was causing the problem with showering but I can not remember what it was.
Just do a search on here with "showering" as the search parameter and read through what pops up. You should find the answer.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 18th Feb 2015 at 11:14 PM
I think it's the same as described in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=547899

The solution proposed did not help my Sim who always showered in pants, a sports jacket, and cowboy hat, so I deleted him and got a new copy of him from my "library" (found by opening the gallery). The new copy showered in the nude as he was supposed to.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Test Subject
#18 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:00 PM
Hi. So I'm having a similar problem, but the weird part is that it's only affecting male sims. Females shower in the nude like they're supposed to. I tested with two females, one with cc and one without, and they both showered in the nude. I tried the same thing with males, one with cc and one without, and they both showered with random, unpicked clothes on. Even after I removed all cc from my mods folder, they still showered with clothes. Any advice?
Scholar
#19 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 10:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Will4697
Hi. So I'm having a similar problem, but the weird part is that it's only affecting male sims. Females shower in the nude like they're supposed to. I tested with two females, one with cc and one without, and they both showered in the nude. I tried the same thing with males, one with cc and one without, and they both showered with random, unpicked clothes on. Even after I removed all cc from my mods folder, they still showered with clothes. Any advice?

i had the same problem a few days ago (the outfit he would put on was a maxis gtw outfit and not CC). i ended up taking out all the mods, running the game sending him to the shower where he showered nude. then quit without saving. then added my CC back some at a time, and having him shower and quit without saving. by the time i put in the last group he still showered nude and i haven't had the problem since. so i don't no why it happened but i am just glad it stopped. i don't know if this will help you at all.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SakuraSan101
The only time I noticed this happening was at the Gym lot. I just assumed the guy didn't like everyone walking in and out of the bathrooms, or his clothes needed a wash, and since we don't have washing machines in Sims 4, a shower is the next best option. :P

In all seriousness though, it was only ever that one sim. I never noticed it with any others. So, my thinking is it's just a random bug. But I dunno, either. It is strange, though.

I also find for me it is only the Females that keep their clothes on while showering, the males are fine. I think you are also correct about the gym as some of my ladies shower nude at home but have clothes on in the gym? Some of the ladies just where tops while showering in the gym others wear what looks like a full bathing suit or lingerie? I hope this gets fix or someone finds a solution soon...

"In the game of Life". It is better to aim at something and risk a miss, than it is to aim at nothing and hit.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 4:58 PM
I had a NPC female shower in what was either a two piece swimsuit or shorts and a tank at the gym. All of my male and female sims in my households are showering normally. Nice to see their laundry service is still working out for the moment LOL.
Scholar
#22 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 5:55 AM
I was having these issues but in the end it turned out to be CC. Again no easy fix...process of elimination...
Mine was female showing in clothes and it tuned out to be some PJ's. I wonder if it faulty gym clothes causing problems at the gym. My sims are now all showering naked at home and at gyms so I think your problem will be CC.
Inventor
#23 Old 21st Jun 2015 at 10:53 AM
I experienced this as well. I checked the cc I got and it turns out that certain items were checked for all categories, even nude. I changed the categories and it fixed the issue but only for sims who haven't been nude yet. Sims that have alread generated their nude outfit had to still use that cc. I would remove it but... I'm lazy ^^

Check out my Simblr
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2015 at 6:23 PM
I just went content hunting to see i I could find CC that was causing Sims to shower with clothes on. Well after long hours and a seemingly endless search I decided to take my mods folder out and empty my "cache files" and delete my "localthumbscache". I ran the Sims 4 in virgin status and low and behold the Sims are still showering with clothes on. So I tried removing all the files from Mydocuments and started up Sims 4 to generate new folder and files same thing so it would seem this is a EA issue or an attempt to stop nudity in the game which you cannot see anyway because of the pixel barrier. I am a bit frustrated that I paid good money for the Sims 4 and expansions and this happens. Please EA I have been a Sims fan since Sims 1 and would like a fix for this please....

"In the game of Life". It is better to aim at something and risk a miss, than it is to aim at nothing and hit.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2015 at 4:19 AM
I have had this problem from the start. I use this mod, http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=541770, to solve the problem. I usually create a sleeping outfit in slot 5 and use the command: outfit.copy sl 5 b 1, then go back and delete (or put a different outfit in) sleeping slot 5.
Page 1 of 2