Replies: 26 (Who?), Viewed: 8040 times.
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 12:11 PM
Who can draw ???
i can't really draw , so I posted this thread just to see how much talent there is outside of my county

I can draw a stick man (Yes,, a Stick man)
But I have seen Amazing artworks from all over the world, people creating pixel art in minecraft, people building Colossal Space Ships in Space Engineers

I would be very happy to see your replies

LumbartDisco631
Advertisement
#2 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 10:56 PM
My sister and I both have friends who can draw really well. It makes me really jealous.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Inventor
#3 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 11:10 PM

This one was made earlier this year in Photoshop. I haven't drawn much in PS since.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Nov 2014 at 5:01 AM
Most of my stuff is fantasy stuff such as me with celebrities acting like a second father to me, magical girl type comic books, character design and fashion design.

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Nov 2014 at 9:48 PM
I usually just draw fashion or architecture designs, but sometimes I do other stuff, like this:


Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 3:46 AM
I used to draw (pencil, pastels) and paint. I learned to draw at school; got in trouble all the time for drawing in class when I was supposed to be doing something else. Haven't done any in years...why?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 2:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh
I usually just draw fashion or architecture designs, but sometimes I do other stuff, like this:

LOOK AT ALL THE DETAIL !!!! SPLENDID !! I'M LITERALLY GREEN RIGHT NOW !!!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 2:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
I used to draw (pencil, pastels) and paint. I learned to draw at school; got in trouble all the time for drawing in class when I was supposed to be doing something else. Haven't done any in years...why?
Maybe you just lost interest, sometime i do, like i lose interest in some of my PC games, it happens, (Bobby McFerrin - Don't Worry, Be happy )
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 5:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire_aninyosaloh
I usually just draw fashion or architecture designs, but sometimes I do other stuff, like this:




Hey that looks great!

Would be very interested to see your fashion drawings. I used to draw fashion too, will upload some pictures later.
But normally I like to make more weird stuff like this on paper or sometimes with Microsoft Vista Paint:
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 5:39 PM
I can draw somewhat okay if I feel particularly patient, and if I've got something to look at. Drawing from fantasy is not in any way a talent of mine (but I wish it was). If I have something to look at, my drawings can be quite good, but when drawing from fantasy, the level is just a little above stickmen. It's weird.

I don't have any pictures to show. Been a while since I drew anything other than doodles.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 6:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
I can draw somewhat okay if I feel particularly patient, and if I've got something to look at. Drawing from fantasy is not in any way a talent of mine (but I wish it was). If I have something to look at, my drawings can be quite good, but when drawing from fantasy, the level is just a little above stickmen. It's weird.

I don't have any pictures to show. Been a while since I drew anything other than doodles.
I wrote a test the other day at school and we had to draw a cartoon
It counted like 25 marks, hopefully the teacher likes my stickmen
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Nov 2014 at 3:36 PM
I wish I could draw. I have some clothing that I want to upload here, but I cannot draw the patterns on them so that they don't look like something a 5 year old did. XD
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 1:05 AM
Charity, there's no need to draw your own patterns. There are loads of patterns on the net, and even sites where you can create your own patterns or color combos. http://www.colourlovers.com/ is a great site that will let you create your own patterns or use preset patterns, and color them however you like. You can even save them for later, if you want. Very handy site, As for shadowing and details, try to find clothes with fully white recolors or with included PSDs, because those can be used as shadow overlays.

I'm very bad at the whole shadowing/detail stuff on clothes, but there are always workarounds. You don't need to be awesome at drawing to make good-looking clothes for sims if you have some handy tricks up your sleeve.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 8:02 AM Last edited by TheOriginalFive : 20th Nov 2014 at 8:57 AM.
I've been drawing since 2007 as a hobby. I don't think it's the best in the world, but I find it satisfactory. I usually do fanart of games as I find it easier to refer to them for inspiration. For instance, I drew one of my characters as a black Rita Hayworth, a parody contest entry, and the Lion Twins in cabaret clothes.

I also drew this picture of a supervillain's victory and my characters' reactions three years ago. Someone tried to troll it by heckling the hanged superhero as a failure. Perhaps I should take it as a compliment that my art can provoke feelings, even if it's of dumb groupie-ness.

Edit: The purple-haired girl is the NPC I "hijacked" into a main character in my Sims 4 story.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Mad Poster
#15 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Charity, there's no need to draw your own patterns. There are loads of patterns on the net, and even sites where you can create your own patterns or color combos. http://www.colourlovers.com/ is a great site that will let you create your own patterns or use preset patterns, and color them however you like. You can even save them for later, if you want. Very handy site, As for shadowing and details, try to find clothes with fully white recolors or with included PSDs, because those can be used as shadow overlays.

I'm very bad at the whole shadowing/detail stuff on clothes, but there are always workarounds. You don't need to be awesome at drawing to make good-looking clothes for sims if you have some handy tricks up your sleeve.


Unfortunately, it's specific clothing I want to copy and I can't find the patterns on their own anywhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 7:30 PM
Sometimes we must experiment, to see what we are good at, sometimes we get frustrated, sometimes we just drop it and think it's a big failure, but we as humans shouldn't throw away our talents, we should improve them. If at first you don't succeed, try again my friends
Mad Poster
#17 Old 20th Nov 2014 at 7:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Unfortunately, it's specific clothing I want to copy and I can't find the patterns on their own anywhere.


Photoshop and Gimp have tools that lets you use layers. You can use a picture as a guide for drawing, if it's not a too complicated pattern (geometrical patterns are usually easy, while more organic shapes are difficult). If it's a pattern from real life, you can take a picture and use it as a background. If you take a picture in good enough light and as straight as possible with as few shadows as possible, you can use the photo to make a seamless texture.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#18 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBarth
Hey that looks great!

Would be very interested to see your fashion drawings. I used to draw fashion too, will upload some pictures later.
But normally I like to make more weird stuff like this on paper or sometimes with Microsoft Vista Paint:


I actually have a thread on this forum with my fashion designs: modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=456027
I love your drawings, especially the conceptual part in the first one

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simmer22
Photoshop and Gimp have tools that lets you use layers. You can use a picture as a guide for drawing, if it's not a too complicated pattern (geometrical patterns are usually easy, while more organic shapes are difficult). If it's a pattern from real life, you can take a picture and use it as a background. If you take a picture in good enough light and as straight as possible with as few shadows as possible, you can use the photo to make a seamless texture.


That's the best picture I've got.
Screenshots
Scholar
#20 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 2:29 AM
My stuff usually falls under the surreal category. I also make pixel doll when I have the time.


The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 3:06 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Dec 2014 at 3:27 AM.
Charity, if it's the pants the pattern looks easy enough as a first-time project (it should be easy enough to draw if you use the right tools - I did this sketch in 5 minutes, using only the straight line lasso, and with some more patience than I had and a proper shadow overlay it could turn out good). Both Gimp and Photoshop has tools for drawing straight lines and curves, and you can use color fill layers with masks that has two advantages - it lets you use the same design over and over again with different colors, and if you've made a mistake you can easily draw or erase the bits without messing things up. If you want to try this and need a few tips, feel free to PM me. I have to say that my photoshop skills are mediocre at best, particularly anything having to do with hand-drawing, but I tend to get by. I've learned quite a few quick and dirty photoshop tricks over the years, and they've gotten me out of a few pinches.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 3rd Dec 2014 at 8:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmDeath
My stuff usually falls under the surreal category. I also make pixel doll when I have the time.

That looks really good, become an artist today !!!
Scholar
#23 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 1:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LumbartDisco631
That looks really good, become an artist today !!!


Already am. I even have my own website.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Mad Poster
#24 Old 7th Dec 2014 at 6:36 AM
Below is a sample of WHAT I can do.

Note: The character with the braids\plaits is actually from an abandoned site (well, not abandoned, but in museum mode, meaning no new content since about 15 years ago) called Astronomical Sailor Moon Observatory or ASMO for short. Created back in the late 1990s as a prank on a college colleague, Terence Ladan tricked his friend into thinking there were more Sailor Moon characters than there really are. It blossomed forth into a rather entertaining website. The character of Naru Umino is the original character Sailor Chibi Earth, who is the little sister of Sailor Earth, also on that site.

Although he has dropped out of the scene of fanfiction, he is currently restoring a site he created that was what got me interested in Abrahamic lore's angels.

I worry that I might be violating his terms of use. But I can't contact him.

So, this is just a personal exercise.
Screenshots

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Top Secret Researcher
DELETED POST
11th Dec 2014 at 9:17 PM
This message has been deleted by coolsim22.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 11th Dec 2014 at 9:21 PM
two pug drawings i did last year. the shading is more visible on the actual drawings, i would retake the pictures but I've lost the drawings.
Screenshots
Page 1 of 2
Back to top