Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#52 Old 24th Dec 2014 at 8:54 PM
Tell me when it's done.

Please?
Pretty please?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#53 Old 25th Dec 2014 at 1:22 AM
@Alpal425 That'll be told by Igivica. We have no idea when she'll finish the conversions.
Anyways, here's what we've done so far atm (will be updated)
- Got the mesh converter to help us
- Succeeded to convert 2 meshes.
Here's what we need to do:
- Convert the rest (I've heard about the Darleen hair issue, ...)
- Get someone to make hair textures for red, black, brown and blonde
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 1:47 AM
Found a video that includes the beehive hair and the hairstyle I was looking for in particular.
Anybody remember this trailer?
Mad Poster
#55 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 1:55 AM
lol..what a shame. So many interactions, animations made only for this trailer? Come on.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#56 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
lol..what a shame. So many interactions, animations made only for this trailer? Come on.

You need to remember that's not in-game footage but an animation made at a time when the game was some distance in the future (and thus not functioning as it does now). Those animations represent what the game makers intended to do or thought they might include.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#57 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 9:54 PM
@Igivica125
Any updates?
Mad Poster
#58 Old 26th Dec 2014 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You need to remember that's not in-game footage but an animation made at a time when the game was some distance in the future (and thus not functioning as it does now). Those animations represent what the game makers intended to do or thought they might include.

This is exactly what I am saying...
They have been made. Taken out the game but..they have been made.
Funny..they chose animating hair over..animating boobs. lol I am happy with this one though.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#59 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This is exactly what I am saying...
They have been made. Taken out the game but..they have been made.

No, you misunderstood me. Those images were made for an animated film. That is not in game footage. It is NOT showing the game at any point in its development. As animations they were never in the game.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#60 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 6:47 PM
Can't wait ! I like this hairstyle, too !

" Inama Nushif "
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 29th Dec 2014 at 10:35 PM
Quote:
I can't verify this info, but I heard it WAS leaked this year, sometime in January. But, almost nobody got it. I have a "source" and he said this game was around 3 GB in size, played pretty much the same as the final, and the graphics were more or less identical to Bustin' Out. Also, according to him, the game couldn't save/load games, and it had a few bugs and would crash randomly. Plus. it had NO ways of creating new families or lots, so you're stuck with the default families. The neighborhood was called, "Test", and it used the Sedona neighborhood template, which was used in the final, but not as a neighborhood. One more thing: There was a debug cheat that allowed other neighborhoods to be made, but it suffered from a ton of bugs. Don't ask me where I got this from. I can't verify this is 100% true, but it seems to be from what it looks like. Another thing; Apparently, in the build this guy had, it made mentions of the Xbox, so that must mean this version was to be released on consoles, but wasn't. The torrent to this game was uploaded by somebody with the name, "John Under".

Someone called @frogz2007 posted this in a beta gameplay video.
So, if this "John Under" guy can find it, and release it, we can get a bunch of beta stuff, and release it!!!
Or it's just a big hoax.
I heard that the commenter is here at MTS.
Test Subject
#62 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 3:46 PM Last edited by HeronX232 : 30th Dec 2014 at 4:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Snackmister
I can't verify this info, but I heard it WAS leaked this year, sometime in January. But, almost nobody got it. I have a "source" and he said this game was around 3 GB in size, played pretty much the same as the final, and the graphics were more or less identical to Bustin' Out. Also, according to him, the game couldn't save/load games, and it had a few bugs and would crash randomly. Plus. it had NO ways of creating new families or lots, so you're stuck with the default families. The neighborhood was called, "Test", and it used the Sedona neighborhood template, which was used in the final, but not as a neighborhood. One more thing: There was a debug cheat that allowed other neighborhoods to be made, but it suffered from a ton of bugs. Don't ask me where I got this from. I can't verify this is 100% true, but it seems to be from what it looks like. Another thing; Apparently, in the build this guy had, it made mentions of the Xbox, so that must mean this version was to be released on consoles, but wasn't. The torrent to this game was uploaded by somebody with the name, "John Under".

Someone called @frogz2007 posted this in a beta gameplay video.
So, if this "John Under" guy can find it, and release it, we can get a bunch of beta stuff, and release it!!!
Or it's just a big hoax.
I heard that the commenter is here at MTS.

This has a fairly decent chance of being a hoax because that version of Sims 2 shown off at E3 2003 was allegedly burned in a fire and they had to completely rework the game into the version that we did get. But in the chance that this is for real, we could be looking at something huge literally HUGE. Not only will we be able to dissect the prototype, but we will be able to figure out some other secrets of the development of the game.

Also in response to the Bustin' Out styled graphics, judging by screenshots of the build shown off at E3 2003, it looks to be the case, notably with the hair, and some clothing textures being rather muddy, or in simpler terms, blurry. So this could create some form of credibility as I've never heard anyone else compare the graphics to that of Bustin' Out, or it could be that the guy analyzed the screenshots very closely.

Although there are some things that make me skeptical, frogz2007 is on MTS and on YouTube under that name, he created the Sims 2 Beta Project which was a compilation of some mods and custom content designed to recreate the feeling of the Proto Sims 2. And the thing about that is that it was untested with a lot of things thrown kind of haphazardly. But, on his YouTube account he does have videos of unused things he's found in games although mostly console games but there are Sims 2 videos.

So it could be either a hoax or real. We'd have to find this "John Under" on the specific torrent site where the leaked build has been allegedly uploaded and see if it is indeed real.

I also find it a little hard to believe that something this big would slip right under our noses.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#63 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 6:19 PM
Quote:
There was never a fire, actually. A Maxis employee said so. "It was a 1 am false fire alarm. No real fire" Is exactly what he said. I think I know why the game got changed. Remember when Spore was in beta? EA wanted it more kid friendly, so they had to change the style of the game from scientific to something easier. I think EA thought The Sims 2 was too similar to the first, so they went and changed the game a lot.

So the fire thing is seemingly a hoax

We still have hope :D
Test Subject
#64 Old 30th Dec 2014 at 9:16 PM
Where are you getting these quotes from exactly?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#65 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 5:41 AM
Frogz2007.
If you want to see it, here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XwpoR9-jWc
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 10:03 AM Last edited by frogz2007 : 31st Dec 2014 at 1:01 PM.
The quote I made about the fire never happening: Go to a group on Facebook called, "Maxis Alumni" and a few developers do say a fire never happened. I do believe this might have leaked, but I do doubt it due to the fact that a ton of people would've got it and re-uploaded it to a ton of other sites. The guy who I got all of that info from is named Cameron R (Won't say his full last name). And that beta project I did; Biggest mistake ever. I do now realize how risky that stupid thing was. It was just a random compilation of mods that restore cut features. i did it so it would be a bit easier for others to find the things that re-enable/restore the cut things. I was, you could say, a jerk since I didn't think of the things that could happen if one were to install all of those mods.
Test Subject
#67 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
The quote I made about the fire never happening: Go to a group on Facebook called, "Maxis Alumni" and a few developers do say a fire never happened. I do believe this might have leaked, but I do doubt it due to the fact that a ton of people would've got it and re-uploaded it to a ton of other sites. The guy who I got all of that info from is named Cameron R (Won't say his full last name). And that beta project I did; Biggest mistake ever. I do now realize how risky that stupid thing was. It was just a random compilation of mods that restore cut features. i did it so it would be a bit easier for others to find the things that re-enable/restore the cut things. I was, you could say, a jerk since I didn't think of the things that could happen if one were to install all of those mods.

Could you perhaps send me a way to contact Cameron R? I have a few questions to ask regarding this.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 9:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HeronX232
Could you perhaps send me a way to contact Cameron R? I have a few questions to ask regarding this.

PM sent.
Forum Resident
#69 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 9:44 PM
By the way,

I am pretty sure the reason the hair only has that color is because it is a mesh. You see, when it was in TS3, because you have Create a Style, you can leave that as the default and recolor it yourself in Create a Style. But, since you don't have that in TS2, it's currently the only color you have because you never made any recolors for the hair.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 31st Dec 2014 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Igivica125
I succeded to convert these two hairstyles, I love them! But only problem is Darleen i can't convert it I have problem with textures!

If still no one has made the recolors, go over to Poppet. She loves to answer questions and take requests, plus she makes Maxis-Match hair colors all the time so she could do it, if you want, Leave a request on her Tumblr .
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 12:38 AM
@Alpal425
Looks like a problem with the mesh apperantly.
And by the looks of it, the hairstyle I was looking for, Igivica got it from a Hot Date skin I think
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 2:47 PM
@Igivica125 could you check and see if The Sims Online has a hairstyle like this one?:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#73 Old 1st Jan 2015 at 6:11 PM Last edited by Snackmister : 3rd Jan 2015 at 8:30 PM.
This thread has evolved from a WCIF thread to a "Beta Hair Hairstyle" thread.
@Igivica125
Any updates?
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 11:39 PM Last edited by frogz2007 : 11th Jan 2015 at 11:44 AM.
Here's a few pictures I found on SimsNetwork.

Haven't seen these anywhere else before.

EDIT: I am now doubting even more that the beta ever leaked. I was reading through a post on NeoSeeker, and in an interview, it mentions it wasn't planned for consoles at first! Yet according to this person I got the info from, the Xbox was mentioned. And with no images/proof that any of this may have happened, I am officially convinced it was all a big lie. Trust me. I want to believe it, but all of the clues to it not being true is there. Link to the article (I recommend reading it in it's entirety!):

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/560...pdated-aug-9th/

EDIT AGAIN: More pics. These are from the Sims 2 Bonus DVD that came with the DVD edition of the base game. These are very interesting for a few reasons: Angela's room is a room for toddlers to play in, and there is a red haired toddler which obviously isn't seen in the game. On top of that, Mary-Sue looks nothing like her final counterpart. Also, the allmenus cheat is enabled in 1 of these. Ok, here are the pictures:

Test Subject
#75 Old 4th Jan 2015 at 10:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
EDIT: I am now doubting even more that the beta ever leaked. I was reading through a post on NeoSeeker, and in an interview, it mentions it wasn't planned for consoles at first! Yet according to this person I got the info from, the Xbox was mentioned. And with no images/proof that any of this may have happened, I am officially convinced it was all a big lie. Trust me. I want to believe it, but all of the clues to it not being true is there. Link to the article (I recommend reading it in it's entirety!):

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/560...pdated-aug-9th/

Well frog there's one thing to take into consideration, it depends on HOW Xbox was mentioned in the files. If it is deliberately stated in the files that The Sims 2 would appear on consoles, then we know that it is a fake, although there is a possibility that the developers did plan for a console version from the start and simply did not disclose it at the time in order to keep hype on the PC version. Xbox could simply just be mentioned in some other way like as an in-joke for developers, or possibly a red herring to be left in for the final version to tease us. Or it could possibly be that EA wanted to test the Xbox to see how powerful it is as the only games EA had released for the Xbox up to 2003 were multi-platforms, and didn't show off what the Xbox was capable of, so EA likely wanted to see how far they could push it and they needed a game that was on a very large scope, AKA The Sims 2, possibly using a more recent build of the game at the time to test it.

Also I've gotten no response from the guy you sent me to.
Locked thread | Locked by: Nysha Reason: The most pointless thread on the site, probably
Page 3 of 8