Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Fashion Design Major

by p00jkins Posted 1st Apr 2005 at 9:43 AM - Updated 3rd Apr 2005 at 6:49 AM by p00jkins

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 30 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:45 PM
OMG TY sooooooooooooooo much! I luv you in the most non-lesbian way possible! lol thank you!!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 1:47 PM
That really made me crack up.. You are most welcome! :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 5:19 PM
where do I download SimPE Version 0.30 or newer?
Test Subject
#5 Old 1st Apr 2005 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by celticwolf19
where do I download SimPE Version 0.30 or newer?

u can find it here:
http://sims.ambertation.de/download.shtml
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 3:45 PM
Ok I downloaded SimPE and I need .Net Framework v1.1, I found it where you dowmload SimPE but it will take 6 HRS !! is there any other place u can find it where it takes less time?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2005 at 11:10 PM
Hmm, maybe it takes 6 hrs because the server was slow at that point in time. maybe you could try again? it took me a few seconds to download on a dsl connection, so it definitely cant be 6 hrs on whatever connection you have. Try again
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 12:20 AM Last edited by Kimberlyjeana : 4th Apr 2005 at 12:25 AM. Reason: topic did not show my main question in the first line :)
Is there a fashion designer career around ?
Is there a fashion designer career around ?or is someone making one ?

Thanks

PS- I love your majors, your jobs, and all the help you are to everyone around here.

~*~* Freedom is not negotiable
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Apr 2005 at 11:26 AM Last edited by p00jkins : 4th Apr 2005 at 11:29 AM.
yup, you can check the "Bobbling's ep ready fashion career" thread..its either in page 1 or 2. :D
EDIT: Look here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=51832
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Apr 2005 at 6:07 PM
Thank u but can adults have it aswell?
plz let me no thanx
#11 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 1:46 AM
Just downloaded. Thanks for making this one!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 15th Apr 2005 at 4:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littel angel
Thank u but can adults have it aswell?
plz let me no thanx

Well, since adults can't go to University methinks the answer to this question is no! :werd:

If you think you're a d/l whore,that must make me the madam... Don't forget, it's cash upfront or out on your a** you go!

If I've made a download you like, use the "Thank You" button!
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 9:49 AM
When i try to install custom majors something wrong happens... I did what u wrote in the tutorial but it said something when i opened Sim Description in plugin view and the Fashion Major wasn't there! Is theres something wrong with my computer or something? (And yes, it was the newest SimPE i used!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 19th Apr 2005 at 2:49 PM
When you insert those lines into the data file, does it look like this?
Quote:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<alias>
<item value="0xEC180D35">Fashion Design</item>
</alias>
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Apr 2005 at 12:55 PM
Nice idea for a career p00jkins. If I was a sim and chose fashion major for my major I would get A+ and only A+. I would so graduate with honors.
#16 Old 30th Apr 2005 at 9:45 AM
cool! i test it
#17 Old 11th May 2005 at 6:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by P.T
When i try to install custom majors something wrong happens... I did what u wrote in the tutorial but it said something when i opened Sim Description in plugin view and the Fashion Major wasn't there! Is theres something wrong with my computer or something? (And yes, it was the newest SimPE i used!

I have this same problem. I changed the data file, cut and pasted as instructed above, saved it, etc. There are no new majors there, just the basic ones, undeclared, unset, and unknown. Everything is saved as instructed. I went step by step. It seemed very easy, but I can't get the majors to work. I downloaded a couple of careers and majors. The careers worked just fine, but none of the majors are showing.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Help!
Test Subject
#18 Old 14th May 2005 at 3:44 PM
Default confused
ive never used SimPE before so im really confused how do you get the neighbourhoods up and do everything form there on someone help thankyou x
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 15th May 2005 at 9:51 PM
Default Translation in italian
hi, i'm Cristina an italian girl... I've translate your major in italian, and I'm offer to make new icons for your major... only if you can tell me about extract the image, i've try many times but I don't try out... I've modified the english description too, but don't in the package, only in the txt, before I wanted tell you and if you like it, you can change... Here attach the rar include the new package with italian translation and the txt with the italian and enlish instruction.
Please tell me what do you think about...
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MTS2_48276_p00jkins_TS2UFashionMajor.rar (4.5 KB, 10 downloads)
Test Subject
#20 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 10:06 AM
Hia, I was just wondering, does the SimPE cost anything?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#21 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 1:29 PM
nope, its free :D
Test Subject
#22 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 1:47 PM
Hia, I've downloaded SimPE, (and found out that it was free), but when I try to save the new additional_majors.xml file it wouldn't let me save it it said that the file path was incorrect. What should I do???
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 2nd Jun 2005 at 2:37 PM
You can now use this object in the game to give ur sims custom majors:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=65396
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 1:47 AM
Hey I just downloaded the major sounds great ...Off to test it!!! BY the way have you tested it your self (just wondering)???
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#25 Old 5th Jun 2005 at 2:08 AM
of course i tested it myself, i test everything i make before releasing it.
Page 1 of 2