Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pre-Upgraded TVs and Stereos (NO LONGER UPDATED)

by DrChillgood Posted 26th Jan 2015 at 1:21 AM - Updated 24th Oct 2017 at 4:06 AM by DrChillgood

19 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 2:10 AM
That always pissed me off, too. It's like, I paid all that money for a TV, and now you're telling me that there's a bunch of features it doesn't have? Thanks for taking the time to fix it!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 8:33 AM
Thank you very useful
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 6:57 PM
Excellent! Thanks very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Jan 2015 at 9:48 PM
thank you
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th Jan 2015 at 2:12 PM
Must have download! Thank you
Is Claeric
THANKS POST
#7 Old 28th Jan 2015 at 4:57 AM
Is it at all possible to get a flavor of this where the upgraded versions are a separate object that costs 1.5x the original price, or something?
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jan 2015 at 3:14 AM
could you upgrade the other ones too? I use those stereos and tvs!
Mad Poster
#9 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 11:47 AM
I think the stereos need updating since the release of GTW. They added a new Easy Listening channel. I admit I am still to test functionality without your mod in but currently my Sims can Listen to the new station but I cannot turn the stereo on to that channel.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#10 Old 9th Apr 2015 at 5:55 AM
I deleted my Sims TV and bought them a new one but every time I try to have them watch any of the channels they get bounced out of what they're doing and nothing happens. Same thing with the stereos.
Test Subject
#11 Old 4th May 2015 at 8:30 PM
needs updating with may 4th patch x
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 5th May 2015 at 3:38 AM
My TVs are gone and when I buy one I get a "script error" message.

If your hand touches metal, I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I will END you.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 7th May 2015 at 7:12 PM
This isn't compatible with the new 5/4 patch. :-(
Test Subject
#14 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 1:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by keepmesafe10120
My TVs are gone and when I buy one I get a "script error" message.

Same here. I was getting the "script call failed" error when placing tvs in build mode. Narrowed it down to this mod.
Test Subject
#15 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 2:18 AM
Problem for me also. Hope someone can update this.
Test Subject
#16 Old 17th Jun 2015 at 1:00 PM
This mod has been causing errors in my game since the newest June update. Placing TV's gave a Script Call Failed Error.
Test Subject
#17 Old 19th Jun 2015 at 5:18 PM
This doesn't seem to be working with the latest update. It prevents you from buying the TV's. Please let me know when there is an updated version. I loved having this mod.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 9:14 PM
It's because GTW added a new TV channel and the related patch changed the code, and the author said that they've retired from modding. So all of their mods are officially dead.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Dec 2015 at 9:04 AM
Someone should remove this mod, I think. As others have mentioned, it gives a script call error every time you try and place a higher end TV and it took me considerable work to track the problem back down to this mod. I appreciate the work put into it, and I know it's offered for free, but when it's clear it's problematic, it would be a kindness to warn people that it's not compatible with GTW on the main download page at least.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#20 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 12:36 AM
thank you for the update! Much appreciated.