Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Class Clown Aspiration v4

by scumbumbo Posted 4th Mar 2015 at 6:07 AM - Updated 18th Apr 2019 at 5:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for April 16, 2019 game patch

51 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 27 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 6:37 AM
This is amazing. I was wondering when someone would make a new aspiration. This game could really use a couple new ones... And new jobs... Jeez I miss the way TS2 works. :C
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#3 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 9:09 AM
This looks awesome; thank you. Looking forward to trying it out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 9:52 AM
Lovely work. Thanks a lot.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#5 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 10:22 AM
Forget thanks button, what about a love button?! I really do like how you think and hope you bring in more. Good job!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#6 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 5:04 PM
Very creative aspiration, I love it. Thank you for sharing your mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 4th Mar 2015 at 7:39 PM
Thanks a lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 12:43 AM
This is fantastic! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#9 Old 5th Mar 2015 at 11:59 PM
I have game version 1.0.732.20 and it doesn't work for me. I tried to load a family up a few times, even exiting the game and trying again, but I always ended up back at Manage Worlds.
Deceased
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 2:41 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 6th Mar 2015 at 3:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by wetts2
I have game version 1.0.732.20 and it doesn't work for me. I tried to load a family up a few times, even exiting the game and trying again, but I always ended up back at Manage Worlds.

Thanks, I'll note that it's not compatible with that version. Tough for me to tell since I keep my game updated, so the failure report is appreciated.

EDIT - Looking back through my old XML archives, I can see that this mod is definitely not compatible with versions of the game prior to the latest patch.
Test Subject
#11 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:05 PM
I've downloaded and tested the new test file just now, but it gave me the same results as last time.
Deceased
Original Poster
#12 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 8:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by wetts2
I've downloaded and tested the new test file just now, but it gave me the same results as last time.

Thanks for trying, sorry it didn't help. Unfortunately it's probably impossible for me to fix this for earlier game versions.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 4:22 AM
i LOVE IT!!!! please make more ;$
and thank you so much for the aspiration :)
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 5:34 PM
So I have a sim child who has this aspiration, first level worked just fine, but I'm having issues with the second part. It does not seem to be registering the time he spends watching the comedy channel on tv. Is anyone else having this issue?
Deceased
Original Poster
#15 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 3:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by laceyharkness
So I have a sim child who has this aspiration, first level worked just fine, but I'm having issues with the second part. It does not seem to be registering the time he spends watching the comedy channel on tv. Is anyone else having this issue?
It counts the number of "sessions" that the child spends watching at least one hour of comedy continuously, so it won't update until the action is ended. In other words, if you have the child watch comedy for an hour (or more) straight, then click the cancel or have them do something else so that they stop watching TV, at that point the counter should increment by one.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 27th Mar 2015 at 7:46 AM
thank you ! x
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#17 Old 4th Apr 2015 at 12:15 AM
I love all of your mods, but the addition of this new aspiration is one of my favorites. I feel that there are far too few available to children, and this is a really good addition. I was reading this article: http://www.pastemagazine.com/articl...half-baked.html, and when I got to the "Taking Stock" section, I was reminded of this mod, and, in case you were considering making any more custom aspirations, I thought this might provide some inspiration. While the children's are most limited, the game could benefit for a few more for adults as well. If you do decide to tackle this, I'll be among the first to help test them out, and I'll be abundant in appreciation.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 5:52 PM
this still works right in-game, yes?
Deceased
Original Poster
#19 Old 25th Apr 2015 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IceSilverCrystal
this still works right in-game, yes?
Yes, it should be working fine.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 5th May 2015 at 11:10 PM
I am on the last part of the aspiration but i cannot find an option to troll the fourms?
Deceased
Original Poster
#21 Old 6th May 2015 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ajshn
I am on the last part of the aspiration but i cannot find an option to troll the fourms?

That should be available on the computer or tablet once the child reaches level 2 (I think) mischief skill. In order to start building the mischief skill, they'll need to reach the level 10 children's social skill first.
Deceased
Original Poster
#22 Old 6th May 2015 at 7:54 AM
Since this is all custom XML it's difficult to say for 100% certain if this is fully compatible with the latest (May 4) game patch, but it all appears to be good! Let me know if anyone sees any new issues!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 12th Jun 2015 at 10:36 PM
Such a great mod, thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:41 AM
THIS IS SO AWESOME! THANKS!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 5th Jul 2015 at 1:28 PM
I adore this and use it for so many of my kids! Wish this game came with more aspirations, this is so perfect! <3
Page 1 of 3