Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 5:52 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 12th Mar 2015 at 10:48 AM.
Default Weird Things that Only Those Close to You Understand
So, in spite of the tragic insanity I read in the news (vandalism with pizza in the town where Breaking Bad was filmed and vandalism with poop in Akron, Ohio), I want to dial down the madness and see what quirks fellow simmers have to share.

I'll go first and elaborate a bit to make sense.

1.) I have a fascination with tea chests. Particularly to store things other than tea, like puzzle erasers, doll props, small figurines of crazy looking animals...and even pillows of lubricant and condoms. :lovestruc I haven't drank a drop of tea in a long time since I haven't been able to find both cold brew tea, lemon juice and sugar in the same store. Also, there was this period during 6th grade when I was drinking tea to prepare for a life as academia's youngest professor and there was a strawberry tea I used to drink exactly 15 years ago, but it was discontinued.
2.) Talking of which, I have a fear of discontinuation. Permanence is something that helps me cherish a precious thing.
3.) I have a pair of pajamas, button-up top, elastic waistband bottoms. I have a tendency to leave my top open and my father said I can only do that in my room.
4.) I have had at least 1 cat in my life at any given time and Gus the Tabby was the oldest at time of death for about 16 years dying at age 19, until Nike, our ornery Cow cat died at age 21 in 2013.
5.) I have seen 3 faceplants involving our cats: 1 with Fox (died in 2011 at age 8) sliding into the side of the tub as a kitten and 2 of Socks slipping on paper during a jump and miscalculating the trajectory.
6.) Our cats love people food of some kind: Fred had popcorn, Nike had corn off the cob, Mitzi loved Goldfish crackers, Sylvia loved steak, Socks loves potatoes, Fox loved pork, ham and bacon and Gemini loves tuna and the water it was packed in. I spoiled my kitties.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 7:08 AM
Oh god... um, well, there's the fact that even though I am easily scared, I still enjoy creepypastas - urban legends. Like Jeff the Killer, Slenderman, etc
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 7:27 AM
I'm also easily scared, and enjoy scaring myself with foreign horror films. Because American-made horror sucks.

I'm deathly afraid of eyeless creatures / drawings / depictions. You know, where the being has had it's eyes removed and it's pure blackness. Saw White Ghost, stupid basketball granny popped up on screen and I had to pause the movie for like ten minutes, wait for my heart to stop trying to pop out of my throat and demand my husband and roommate to watch it with me.

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 10:18 AM
@CreepypastaGirl28 , @siletka ,

Truth be told, I'm scared of beings without visible eyes, such as Slenderman (although I'm betting a creature like that would be more scared of me...I've had some "unpleasantries" that, although didn't end in death, would be enough to scare a beast that consumes a person in part or in whole.) and theme park mascots (Disneyland was a nightmare...Although the photo-ops were priceless during our stay in the Anaheim area, it was the getting me to ride a ride that was another story beyond reliving the nightmare at Hershey Park and the fact grandma was resting at home in NJ during a hot summer, so I didn't have my elderly bodyguard from my youth. The only ride I rode was one where I controlled the motion. It was a race-car theme attraction and looking back, I was a terrible driver ).

Also, I was just one of those girls who'd end up with health issues from daddy's side of the family. Mom gave me 2 problems, but daddy gave me MORE than 2 problems. Long story short, morning and evening cocktails of prescription pills, day in, day out, is my only salvation from illness of any kind. I'm medically a daddy's girl.

Actually, in many way, my therapist, my mother agree already and probably most of you agree that, if you met my father, you'd realize the type of men I tend to fawn over. My infatuation for older rock stars around my father's age and in Alice's case, older is linked to my extremely deep connection with my father going back to the day of birth and what my father told me: My father was excited to hold me as he had a hand in creating me. He looked on in awe as the umbilical cord's artery and vein double helix was severed and I was allowed to be held. During the hold, he was awash in fatherly pride and joy emotions. But when they had to cook off the bilirubin jaundice, it was like they had to practically pry me from his arms. He did not want to let go.

My relationship with my mother was tenuous even on my day of birth: I caused her much discomfort in the womb and while being born, I actually hit a nerve that made the lower half of her body temporarily paralyzed and she overdramatized the hysterics of being in a wheelchair. But as time went on, I got along with mom, or rather, had to when dad went globe-trotting in the name of business at Microsoft.

To be fair, I was not the kind, generously giving and loving girl I am now. At age 14, I was an anti-social in that I hated everyone equally because of mistreatment in school, alcoholic from drinking soy sauce packets and questionable because of the morbid nature of my mindset as a young lady. So even about half a lifetime seems far off. But yes, the phoenix rises after catching fire and turning to ash.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 10:35 AM
Haha, about the Slenderman thing, yea, that is kinda creepy. Altho, Eyeless Jack doesn't either[Big shock considering his name], um... there was a Sonic the Hedgehog one that didn't have eyes, I think... I would say Jeff the Killer, but he DOES have eyes, he just burned - or cut, it's debatable - his eyeLIDS off. Although that just makes him MORE creepy...
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 10:43 AM
Quote:
such as Slenderman (although I'm betting a creature like that would be more scared of me...I've had some "unpleasantries" that, although didn't end in death, would be enough to scare a beast that consumes a person in part or in whole.)

Oh, Slendy doesn't consume a PERSON, he kidnaps children and supposedly eats their souls. AND HAVE YOU SEEN THE PICTURES OF HIM?! THEY'RE FUCKING TERRIFYING, JUST GOOGLE 'SLENDERMAN'!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CreepypastaGirl28
Oh, Slendy doesn't consume a PERSON, he kidnaps children and supposedly eats their souls. AND HAVE YOU SEEN THE PICTURES OF HIM?! THEY'RE FUCKING TERRIFYING, JUST GOOGLE 'SLENDERMAN'!

Read "in part or in whole"...
I cannot assume that he does such things "in whole" as I was at a young enough age to understand soul captor protocol (before turning 13).
I rather not feed into fear. Gives me more trouble than it is worth.
Besides, I was quite aware of Slenderman for a long while. He is certainly disturbing.
However, if you're the type for shits and giggles, look on deviantART for a picture of Slenderman using the tentacle in his back to do housework for the entire house.

The picture I stated about helps me stave off the idea of being eaten. However, my parents joke that the cats will eat my face if I don't hurry and feed them. That's a disturbing thought to hear when dawdling over a non-fatal event.

Besides, I have to be honest that I have much more serious issues at hand. You see, I have to realize that my paternal grandma lied to us and she in turned was lied to, which she took to the grave. Turned out I don't possess any Native American blood.

Now, knowing where I stand in terms of identity is psychologically more fulfilling than being scared shitless.

So far, my aunt Mary was the guinea pigs to test for DNA for the children in that family, and by that I mean, her and her 7 siblings, which includes my father and she only revealed part of the test results. She says our ancestors truly came from Ireland, France and Germany, but that's only 2/3 as the French-German blood comes from the region of Alsace-Lorraine, which was traditionally French and German in a bilingual manner. So it was not uncommon for a person to have the same name, but in French and German versions. Our ancestor was an important figure who did the unheard of thing at the time of marrying his lover. His name would simply be translated from the two he had as Peter.

So yes, fear and confusion are part of life, but don't let the two mix

Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 1:59 PM
@PANDAQUEEN

We carry Strawberry tea at my uncle's shop.. what kind was it? White, green, etc.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 2:29 PM
It was from Stash and was an herbal tea that was purely strawberry in flavor. I think it was called Strawberry Mist. So if you have it, then I may be shocked that you have it.

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 3:15 PM
He carries a strawberry green tea. I've never tried it yet, he just got it. As for stash tea, I think the only one we have here in Canada now is Strawberry Pomegranate. :/ I've never seen pure Strawberry unfortunately.

She was rouge and red lips, dark hair and soft hips, mischief and laughter - and she wanted you to love her faster.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 3:42 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 12th Mar 2015 at 4:33 PM.
It was worth a shot for both us, but ended up a shot in the dark.

Well, I may look into Pickwick for flavored tea instead, seeing as I was aiming to make iced tea that wasn't devoid of any bright flavors found in fruit. I find that tea has a unique earthy, almost grassy flavor, but steep too long and it gets bitter. I essentially was trying to reduce the number of steps needed to make it.

I am a bit fussy over details. I find the more I pay attention to details, the better it turns out and the quality is better for that.

Theorist
#12 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 3:42 PM
I have a lot of really strong paralyzing phobias and worries that only my wife understands. Everyone else would think I'm ridiculous, stupid, or nuts.
I also have a lot of intense social anxiety that only she understands in my real life, though I know from the other thread that many forum members could understand it too.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 4:04 PM
@GnatGoSplat

I have three fears:
Agoraphobia (Medium Severity)
Gymnophobia (Extremely Mild Severity)
Emetophobia (Medium High Severity)

Agoraphobia
I have trouble with people as I worry that mom will drop everything to find and smack my hands for a social misstep. My mother terrifies me when she's not crafting. But mostly, looking foolish is part of my fear.

Gymnophobia
This is the fear of nudity. Now, although I am the type to sleep topless or nude, it's not like I go streaking. I also fear getting a criminal record related to this, as my permanent record had me marked at 7th grade as incorrigible even after the demarcation permissions was removed.

Emetophobia
The fear of vomiting. Because I remember everything in scrutiny, I am not easy with this fear.

#14 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 5:11 PM
Because my little brother is the silliest thing ever and you can't get him unless you get to know him, I can't list here without all of you being extremely confused. Yes I know what the title says, but do you really think that IN CHINS IN CHINS makes any sense at all?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 7:31 PM
@pandaqueen
I found this strawberry tea
I've never heard of nor tried it so I don't know what It's like.
Hope this helped.

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 8:20 PM
Quote:
However, if you're the type for shits and giggles, look on deviantART for a picture of Slenderman using the tentacle in his back to do housework for the entire house.

OH GOD YES! I <3 those pictures, they're fuckin hilarious! I googled 'Funny Creepypasta Pictures' once and clicked Images, I see this:

HAHAHAHAHHAHAA
Slender:SHUT UP, MCKENZIE!
Ok..... *Quieter* hahahahah!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 8:28 PM Last edited by CreepypastaGirl28 : 12th Mar 2015 at 8:57 PM.
Hey, do any of y'all like dolls maybe?? Or at least have some??

OK, THEN, I'M NEVER READING ANOTHER LOST* EPISODE* CREEPYPASTA* AGAIN!

***Um, I just got done reading Squidward's Su1c1d3[Not sure if I'm allowed to say the word uncensored on MTS, rules never really said anything about it], and yea... never reading another LEC[Lost Episode Creepypasta] again...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 6:27 PM
One of my weird quirks didn't happen today.

Because of my panic attacks, I used to pinch my nose to relieve pressure, especially when in vehicles.

Didn't happen today.

#19 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 9:19 PM
Mommy doesn't care,
The lack of underwear,
The stainers on the chair,
'Cause Mommy doesn't care.

My dad used to sing that to my mom XD
Mad Poster
#20 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 10:06 PM
When I say "Oh, look, a chicken"; and then if someone LOOKS I crack up.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 11:24 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th Mar 2015 at 11:53 PM.
@grammapat

Probably similar to President Bush (the elder Bush) and Dana Carvey was coerced to called in Bob from the Secret service in the elder Bush's voice. Bob comes in, and Bush is practically dying with laughter.

Random garbage comes out of my mouth and everyone is happy to be amazed, regardless of the day's events.

I also flipped out due to a misunderstanding this morning. I am a crafter and I recycle stuff that is recyclable into doll props. I flipped because glue sticks caps made great ice cream tubs which pompoms make the ice cream and the barrel of the plastic bottle I was having had washed was great for a trash can. My mother eventually realized my madness and helped me dig into the recycling. That's a good thing because I was freaked out.

#22 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 12:25 AM
I never shout, yell or scream. Ever. Losing my composure for me is just not an option. Those closest to me know that the quieter I am, the more distressed/angry/pissed off I am.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
When I say "Oh, look, a chicken"; and then if someone LOOKS I crack up.

Oh god, that's seriously funny.
Scholar
#24 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 4:19 AM
Well I don't know how many people get my bipolar and whatnot, but that's probably a good thing haha. My sister and I have a lot of inside jokes. Most of them are dumb puns I say to her and she says "I'm so done with you right now." My whole family is very close and we're all very quiet. "Normal people" don't really get it, how we can just sit around the dinner table and eat in perfect silence or do a lot of things in perfect silence. My dad and I have a very similar sense of humor - dry as dust and very dark. We will both say something sarcastically completely deadpan and no one else will get it. We also both use exercise to cure stress - but like a lot of exercise. Like walking 10 miles or more. I don't really have a lot of quirks, surprisingly. At least none that I can think of right now. I'm not very particular really.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Field Researcher
#25 Old 17th Mar 2015 at 6:01 AM
I like to walk behind people ever so slightly if I'm talking to someone and we're walking. Not beside them, not in front of them, but behind them. Now, I'm the type of person that likes to follow others when I walk, not necessarily in everything - I don't know why I like trailing behind people except that I don't like to get in their way... except apparently, I found out over the summer, it's actually quite annoying to others... Oops. Apparently people like others to walk exactly beside them, but my thought pattern is, 'What if you're going to turn in my direction? Then you've just collided into me!' It's so irrational and over-the-top but sort of funny at the same time. If someone stops, I don't stop beside them, I stop behind them, just enough where they apparently have to turn slightly to talk to me. I got chewed out a lot last summer for my apparently strange walking ways. I didn't even know it was an issue until it was brought up, but it's true. I just naturally trail behind people. I also, randomly run around to the other side, and that throws people off (and when I say randomly, that's how they perceive it, not me).

Unfortunately, I feel like this says a lot about me...

Page 1 of 2