Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Recolourable* Wrought Iron modular stairs

by Numenor Posted 7th Apr 2005 at 5:48 PM - Updated 9th Nov 2005 at 11:09 PM by Numenor

53 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 50 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 3
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 5:50 PM
Nice! Thanks (again!)
Space Pony
#3 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:02 PM
Great - i love your work ! Thank you so much !
Field Researcher
#4 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:10 PM
This is awesome once again I love you! In a non-gay way!!!
Forum Resident
#5 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 6:11 PM
these are super beautiful Numenor! thank you so much
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 8:40 PM
You've done such a great job with the stairs! Thank you, thank you, thank you! A god, I say!

Are you willing to do this with the fences? I'd love it if my railings matched some of the fences! Just a little request - or big - I'm not sure. :D
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 8:49 PM
Oh, those fences... I'm sure there's a way to recolour them... if only I could find it! Anyway, sooner or later we'll succeed in recolouring them, as well.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lexo
I'd love it if my railings matched some of the fences! Just a little request - or big - I'm not sure. :D

What do you mean by "matched?" Colour or shape? It's really a big request if you want the fences to be exactly like the one's maxis made, by that I mean, you can drag a whole line of them out with the tool. We could make fences right now that would function as fences and look like whatever you want, but they wouldn't be placed like fences, in otherwords, they would be cloned from something else, so you would have to place them piece by piece and each fence would require several types of fencing like two end parts and a middle part for regular fences and the same for diagonal fences. So it's not worth the trouble to do it that way really.

Brasstex
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:13 PM
Thank you very much, Numenor! :thumb:
Forum Resident
#10 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 9:21 PM
Ah nice now I can do these in the golden nugget colors to go with my gates etc... Thank you so much for doing these!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Brasstex
What do you mean by "matched?" Colour or shape? It's really a big request if you want the fences to be exactly like the one's maxis made, by that I mean, you can drag a whole line of them out with the tool. We could make fences right now that would function as fences and look like whatever you want, but they wouldn't be placed like fences, in otherwords, they would be cloned from something else, so you would have to place them piece by piece and each fence would require several types of fencing like two end parts and a middle part for regular fences and the same for diagonal fences. So it's not worth the trouble to do it that way really.

Brasstex

Whoa! Naw, just recolors to look like the stair recolors (recolorable with the design tool) - say the wrought iron fence recolored white or rusty white & whatever new recolors may come up, or the deck fences recolored to match the new recolored stairs, that's what I meant. Thanks again, Numenor!

Brasstex - you are another master here - thanks for all you've created. Everything you design is done with a lot of attention to detail. Very cool stuff, stuff not just anyone would think of. Many of your creations make building my lots much more realistic and much more creative. I do appreciate what goes into it. I know it's time consuming and challenging to the nth degree. Thanks!
Field Researcher
#12 Old 7th Apr 2005 at 11:10 PM
wonderful... thank you so much!
Forum Resident
#13 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 3:02 AM
Wonderful work Numenor, they look fantastic, Thank You.
Instructor
#14 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 1:13 PM
Oh great, I was wanting these stairs recolorable.

Now if someone could just remove the darned poles underneath. :O
Administrator of Loverat's Tea and Underpants
#15 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 1:21 PM
You could make them invisible. Of course sims still wouldn't use the space under. Stupid sims.

Numenor, thank you again. Great work.

RG
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 1:22 PM Last edited by ililas : 8th Apr 2005 at 1:30 PM.
Oh Numenor, you can't imagine how you make me pleasure, I'm so happy and I can't find the right word to say a BIG thank you. You make my day one again.!!! I was waiting for these one for so long:-))))

It is a big honnor for me to receive this gift from a great man like you.

Now if I just can recolor the fence to go with these stairs, I will be in paradise

More stuff on our site Sea Sims and Sun
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 1:50 PM
Motoki: I could have edited the mesh in order to get rid of the poles, but I wanted to keep the stairs as similar as possible to the original, because they were going to override the original. But RGiles' suggestion is very good.

Ililas: you're welcome! I'm waiting, too, to have recolourable fences...
#18 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 2:08 PM
Absolutely gorgeous work, thank you =)
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 2:19 PM
Good job, its great to see more colours, just wish there were more matching railings to go with the stairs/balconies etc.
Field Researcher
#20 Old 8th Apr 2005 at 11:03 PM
Numenor, you are such a great individual, you do so much to help everyone and still you manage to find time to come up with lovely ideas like this one. Thank you so much for all you do, and for your simming spirit. Much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 10:28 AM
how did I miss these? Numenor you did it again! Awesome, now I better go look at what else you've been up to
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Apr 2005 at 11:28 AM
at last a recolour now all we need is for someone to make the bars on the stairs disappear ...
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 2:54 AM
Yay!!! Finally , you are amazing- and yes i too really really really want the fences to be able to be recoloured!, especially the matching fence to these stairs- i really want it in white!
Instructor
#24 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 2:56 AM
re: alpha channelling the bars

I guess it would look a little nicer, but I'd kind of like to use the space below. Heh. Couldn't they be cloned as a new stairs type like Brasstex made?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 11th Apr 2005 at 9:41 AM
Motoki: yes, my stairs can be cloned in order to have a Brasstex-style stair; I decided not to do that because my stairs had to be identical to the original (since they override the original).
If Brasstex or anyone else wants to clone my stairs, it's fine with me, as long as credits are given to me for having enabled the colour options.

As for the "transparent bars" solution, I tried, but it's not easy (even with the template I made) to understand exactly which part of the texture is mapped on the bars.
I fear that some other parts of the stairs share the same texture portion with the bars; if so, making the bars transparent would make those parts transparent, too.
Page 1 of 3