Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Packing Crates for TS4

by scumbumbo Posted 14th Jun 2015 at 9:16 AM - Updated 1st Mar 2019 at 2:54 AM by scumbumbo : Bug-fixes for Feb 21, 2019 Game Patch

315 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 222 Feedback Posts, 92 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 13
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#2 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 9:34 AM
Snagged it, I'll be trying it out soon! Thanks for the heads up. Color me excited!
Deceased
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 9:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by egwarhammer
Snagged it, I'll be trying it out soon! Thanks for the heads up. Color me excited!

Thanks again for the encouragement and ideas - they turned out to be much more useful with your idea for using them for storage!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 9:42 AM
Another score for the modding community! great job!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 9:54 AM
Great!
Again, good job Scumbumbo !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 12:12 PM
That introduction was gold! Thank you for spending time making this mod. It's awsome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 1:53 PM
This is really a prowess you achieved here.
How did you do that ? Is this some kind of "super toy crate" that you modified to make it contain larger items and inventory-compatible as I suspect ?
Deceased
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 3:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by invock
This is really a prowess you achieved here.
How did you do that ? Is this some kind of "super toy crate" that you modified to make it contain larger items and inventory-compatible as I suspect ?

Thanks, glad you like it. And yes, that is roughly how it works.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#9 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 3:51 PM
EXCELLENT !
Test Subject
#10 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 3:53 PM
Hey scumbumbo, been looking for a mod like this for ages. I seem to have a problem since installing with playing families in Newcrest. Not in the other worlds just that one. When I click on play it takes me right back to select a world screen and then won't let me access any household in any neighbourhood after that. Any idea's what could be causing that? I have the bare minimum of mods and can't think of any that would clash
Test Subject
#11 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:03 PM
Default Genius as always!
I take it the crates have individual inventories?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:22 PM
This is great for small homes. I always end up over-building so I have activity items. Thanks!
Deceased
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by t.barfield86
Hey scumbumbo, been looking for a mod like this for ages. I seem to have a problem since installing with playing families in Newcrest. Not in the other worlds just that one. When I click on play it takes me right back to select a world screen and then won't let me access any household in any neighbourhood after that. Any idea's what could be causing that? I have the bare minimum of mods and can't think of any that would clash

I did test a sim moving to a new household in another neighborhood but never tried Newcrest. I can't imagine why it would act differently there, but I will look into it.
Deceased
Original Poster
#14 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simhanna
I take it the crates have individual inventories?

Yes, each crate has it's own inventory. I'm pretty sure that having a shared inventory would cause issues of some sort if a sim took one crate to another lot and left a crate behind. The game might resolve it by either leaving the items behind or by taking them away from the lot properly, but I doubt it as EA obviously did not intend for us to be able to take an inventory item to another lot like this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:33 PM
This mod is awesome! But I have a question, fellow simmer. Is there a way to change something in the file to put it in another language? I've been trying to do this with custom content (like trying to change the description of the item) as well, but I'm not an expert with modding lol it'd be really happy if there was a way to do that.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#16 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:46 PM
I was only wondering the other day how I could move a Sim out of a home now that they have aged up, and have them take their own belongings with them.
Then lo and behold, you released this mod!
I don't think I'll keep it in my game at all times as the added menu option on everything would drive me mad, but it is a must for when I need a Sim to move out.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 4:53 PM
Wow!
That is a good idea!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#18 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:04 PM
Thank you so much ! Now, my sim can leave the house without letting his expensive items to the greedy Sim who stay in the house ! You rule !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:30 PM
Thanks a bunch, scumbumbo! Once again you've provided a great mod. Seems you are always thinking outside the box...or should I say "crate?"
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:49 PM
Thanks very much for this amazing tool. Now my bodybuilders can take their beloved gym equipment on vacation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 5:58 PM
Yaaaaaaaas!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#22 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 6:08 PM
Clever idea!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 8:17 PM
You are a genius. Wanted this so when my teens leave the group home they can take all the possession they collected or created (furniture) during their stay. Including the bedroom furniture. Also, Mom and Dad Sims in my family games, will be happy to know that when they kick their free loading.... um... I mean ready to leave the nest kids out, that all their crap goes with them and they can now have that sewing room or exercise room they always wanted. :)
Thanks.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#24 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 8:18 PM
You're a genius! Thank you, and please thank your sim for me as well.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#25 Old 14th Jun 2015 at 8:37 PM
Answer to my simming prayers. Thank you!
Page 1 of 13