Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 12:39 AM
Do people even care about the Tricou family
about their backstory or biographies, or anything?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:01 AM
There are a lot of us who care about them but EA did not give us the complete info on them. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tricou_family

I always bring them back in any hood that I attach EA's Downtown to.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marka93
There are a lot of us who care about them but EA did not give us the complete info on them. http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tricou_family

I always bring them back in any hood that I attach EA's Downtown to.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I sometimes ponder how they died, their background and whether Gvaudoin is the Grey Woman of SimCity. Do you have any ideas about those things?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:18 AM
I wrote a story about it once. Maybe I should post it over in the Stories section. I wonder if I still have the pictures.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:20 AM
No, but that's an awesome line to follow up.

I love the Tricou bastards and have no plans to resurrect the dead ones, at least not in any current hood. All the bastards are playable now and each has a unique individual storyline. It's very messy and complicated and fun. When I have occasion to refer to their father, he is invariably called: "notorious rake and polygamist cult leader John Smith Tricou," which implies a whole lotta backstory which I don't have to pin down till I need it for something.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I wrote a story about it once. Maybe I should post it over in the Stories section. I wonder if I still have the pictures.

So I'm not the only who writes fan-fics about them either?
Field Researcher
#7 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:33 AM
Who are they?
Instructor
#8 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:39 AM
I love the Tricous! Just resurrected all of them (from Tarlia's clean downtown template, which hopefully means I didn't screw up my game or anything - I know some sims don't have full character files), and made them witches/warlocks. I feel like they were more intended as vampires, but I don't usually play vampires because vampires don't age, which bothers me with my playstyle. I see them as a family of evil witches/wizards who all died mysteriously in something magic related, but now they're back. They're also considered old money in my game which means they can marry into families like the Capps, Goths, Landgraabs, etc.

Also, Jon Smith Tricou's downtownie teen children are now playable. I have a system in my game to determine the chances of a sim becoming a witch/warlock when they turn into a teen (involving amount of parents/grandparents who are magical, or having elf ears, which is an automatic), so I ran the percentages on all of them. Those who turned out to be witches/warlocks based on the randomizer (Orion, Tiave, and Kestrel) were turned and then were allowed to go live with the Tricou family in their creepy house. I guess Jennicor is supposed to accept this because they're magical, and all of that cheating is in the past, from the time before they all died. The other three (Loren, Patrick, and Swan) were moved into the orphanage with the Newsons. I've toyed with assigning all of them parents from playables that look like them and are the right age to have given birth and abandoned them, but I've never actually done that. I did randomize their ages though so I didn't have a flurry of related teens exactly the same age. Orion was the oldest, and is now attending university. Kestrel will be headed there at the end of the next rotation. Swan (though she's actually Rayya, because that was the name the game gave her, and while I changed everyone else's name to match the game files names I liked Rayya better than Swan) is around the same age as Kestrel, but she doesn't get to go to university because no one is giving funding for the orphanage teens to go, and in my game it costs money. I am going to move her out when she ages up to adult though, because Rayya is extremely argumentative with her orphan housemates- she was enemies with Ginger even before she moved in, so now they attack each other constantly, and she's lately been poking her brother Patrick too.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bobyoud2001
Who are they?

Probably the most mysterious pre-made family in the Sims 2
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:44 AM
@bobyoud2001 http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tricou_family

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jojoa777
I love the Tricous! Just resurrected all of them (from Tarlia's clean downtown template, which hopefully means I didn't screw up my game or anything - I know some sims don't have full character files), and made them witches/warlocks. I feel like they were more intended as vampires, but I don't usually play vampires because vampires don't age, which bothers me with my playstyle. I see them as a family of evil witches/wizards who all died mysteriously in something magic related, but now they're back. They're also considered old money in my game which means they can marry into families like the Capps, Goths, Landgraabs, etc.

Also, Jon Smith Tricou's downtownie teen children are now playable. I have a system in my game to determine the chances of a sim becoming a witch/warlock when they turn into a teen (involving amount of parents/grandparents who are magical, or having elf ears, which is an automatic), so I ran the percentages on all of them. Those who turned out to be witches/warlocks based on the randomizer (Orion, Tiave, and Kestrel) were turned and then were allowed to go live with the Tricou family in their creepy house. I guess Jennicor is supposed to accept this because they're magical, and all of that cheating is in the past, from the time before they all died. The other three (Loren, Patrick, and Swan) were moved into the orphanage with the Newsons. I've toyed with assigning all of them parents from playables that look like them and are the right age to have given birth and abandoned them, but I've never actually done that. I did randomize their ages though so I didn't have a flurry of related teens exactly the same age. Orion was the oldest, and is now attending university. Kestrel will be headed there at the end of the next rotation. Swan (though she's actually Rayya, because that was the name the game gave her, and while I changed everyone else's name to match the game files names I liked Rayya better than Swan) is around the same age as Kestrel, but she doesn't get to go to university because no one is giving funding for the orphanage teens to go, and in my game it costs money. I am going to move her out when she ages up to adult though, because Rayya is extremely argumentative with her orphan housemates- she was enemies with Ginger even before she moved in, so now they attack each other constantly, and she's lately been poking her brother Patrick too.

I saw the family as a paranormal spook, no magic involved. But I'm sure they could also be seen as a bunch of wizards/witches as well. I guessed how they died is that the teenage girl was making turkey and died in a stove fire, and the other people in the family were poor at the time so they couldn't afford a refrigerator or stove and thus they died of hunger shortly after. That's the most plausible theory, as my other theory of Kiernan or Nylissit becomes more ridiculous the more I think about it.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Llama Convention
Probably the most mysterious pre-made family in the Sims 2

Ah! Pre-made? No wonder why I've never heard of them. Outside of Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville, I'm clueless to the premades. They do seem like an interesting bunch though.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Llama Convention
So I'm not the only who writes fan-fics about them either?

I wouldn't call it fan fiction. Not much of the fan about it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#14 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 2:19 AM
Yes, I care about them a lot. They interest me.

It's 2am though and I have to be up at 10, so I'll probably post my theories about them in the morning. I made a video about them for the BBS on the sims 2 forums once, but that was years ago and I can't even remember where I uploaded it to.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 2:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Yes, I care about them a lot. They interest me.

It's 2am though and I have to be up at 10, so I'll probably post my theories about them in the morning. I made a video about them for the BBS on the sims 2 forums once, but that was years ago and I can't even remember where I uploaded it to.

I was about to post mine...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bobyoud2001
Ah! Pre-made? No wonder why I've never heard of them. Outside of Pleasantview, Strangetown and Veronaville, I'm clueless to the premades. They do seem like an interesting bunch though.

Their not in Pleasantview, Strangetown or Veronaville. They're in EA's Downtown.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 26th Jun 2015 at 4:18 AM
In the WCIF I just posted, you can see one of the downtownies.

They're an interesting family. I've made the family members with the Tricou name be vampires before, but at the moment they're still dead while I'm thinking about them. The six downtownies teens are living in the Halfway House for Wayward Teens. (It needs a family name slapped on it--I'm still thinking about which one. Mary Sue Pleasant's brainchild, but I don't think she'd name it after her own family. Maybe one of the families in Veronaville that's died out.) One of the best storylines for any of them I've ever seen is Peni Griffin's Bad News Bev, who does exactly what she wants to when she wants to with no regard for the consequences.
I also consider the Tricous, at least the main group, to be Old Money. But I do kind of like having them as a vampire family, too. Of course, Jennicor has the elf ears, so she must be a cousin of Titania's or Oberon's (but with her coloring, more likely Titania). I regret that EA didn't get any of the kids/grandkids to have the elf ears. Puck/Gvaudoin would be an excellent potential pairing, though. Must think about that . . . surely elves would choose to intermarry with other elves or part elves when possible.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 10:36 AM
Oh I'm so glad MTS is back. I was having withdrawal symptoms. Thanks Delphy!

Do people even care about the Tricou family ?

Well BJ Shaikh and Ravi Bertino certainly care. In my game they organised a reunion of all the Tricou teens. You can read about it on my Simblr.

Actually I'm a bit like Peni. I don't do resurrecting the dead, but I love Jon Smith Tricou's kids. So the dead Tricous still rest in peace at where they're buried at Gothier Green Lawns and the House of Fallen Trees, but the kids are alive and well and very much part of the Veronaville/Downtown scene. I can't bring myself to call them "bastards"; they (especially Ravi) are good kids. So far two of them have become playable: Ravi Bertino (Patrick Teens on the Wiki and in the game files) has been playable for a long time. He lives in a little Downtown house in Mendoza Lane in an open relationship with his steady Romance boyfriend Jack Gill. He's a Virgo but I gave him extra nice points so he could take part in this open relationship (under the rules of Pescado's Romance Hack), and it turned him into the gentlest, most considerate playable in my game. (Only Regina Tsvirkunov, the Veronaville townie, rivals him.) He goes along with the open relationship and has dates with other boys, but I think in his heart he'd happily forego all the others and have Jack to himself. But he knows Jack isn't like that so he doesn't try to change him. And he's always kind and considerate to his other loves (as indeed he tries to be to all Sims). He dresses to please Jack.

The other playable Tricou is BJ Shaikh (Orion Teens), the one with the blond hair and long black cloak. He has been living alone for a little while now in a little Gothic (should that be "Gothy"?) house hidden in the trees beside the canal in Veronaville. He has a teenage job in the medical career and his girlfriend is Kendra McCarthy, the Veronaville townie. She is something of an acquired taste: some of the other teens find her very hard to get on with. Despite their very different tastes and lifestyles, Ravi and BJ are very good friends, and Ravi is a frequent visitor at BJ's house. Recently they got together to arrange a reunion of all the Tricou kids.

Don Ng (Tiave Teens) is still a Downtownie, but he is on the fringes of the promiscuous gay set, and has changed his hairstyle to be more like the others. I believe Ng is a Vietnamese name, so my theory is that the Tricous were an old French Canadian family, and Jon Smith Tricou had (amongst his many other affairs) an affair (possibly a one night stand) with a Vietnamese girl brought to North America by a G.I. and then abandoned. I think the Tricou teens all carry their mothers' names, and I haven't changed the ones my game gave them.

You can see what they all look like today in the captioned picture of the reunion dinner on my Simblr.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 10:52 AM
Yes. To answer the original question
Mad Poster
#20 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 11:09 AM
To save people having to go to my Simblr, here is the after dinner picture of the Tricou reunion:

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
To save people having to go to my Simblr, here is the after dinner picture of the Tricou reunion:

Good job on your Simblr Andrew!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Oh I'm so glad MTS is back. I was having withdrawal symptoms. Thanks Delphy!

Me too! I never realized how much I rely on this site until I kept accidentally going on it and getting the "site is under maintenance page"

Anyway, now that I'm awake and the site is up and running:

So to me the Tricou's were a rich family, possibly associated with the Goth family, but died years and years before any one of the Goth's known ancestry was born. They were a bit of a cult family, very interested in the supernatural and wanted to experiment with vampirism. They purchased the House of fallen trees in hopes of seeing the ghost of the grey lady that watches over toddlers and children hoping to become invincible vampires to live forever (being that vampires set on fire in sunlight). Those around them thought they were evil and scary, and the family got paranoid. They boarded themselves up in the house for fear of their deaths, the elders were the first to die - they starved to death quite quickly as they were both very old, they had left some inheritance money behind for the family which was really all the family needed as none of them could go to work for fear of the outside world.

Those still boarded up in the house became crazy, for fear of the outside world. Jennail started arguments and would constantly be starting heated debates with her brother-in-law, Kiernan, all the while Jennail began to notice that her husband Kvornan was much better suited to her sister Nylissit than to her. The family became too untrusworhy towards each oher and no longer helped each other survive, now living in different rooms of the house to avoid looking at each other. It got to the point that the parents could only manage to feed their children in hopes of them living on, and eventually perished. Now with the parents dead, Fricorith and Gvaudoin moved all the gravestones to the area next door, which, years after their death became Gothier Green Lawns.

Fricorith and Gvaudoin lived alone in the house of trees for quite some time and even started going more outside. Though the public was still scared of the Tricou clan, knowing that there was only two of them, and seeing how pale and boney both teens were, the community waited until late at night to set the house on fire. The teens were terrified, praying to the grey lady to give them the power to survive fire - but she never did. Both teenagers burned alive.

The whole town was theoried to have become cursed though the town still trived up until the 1980s, where it became a hot spot for clubbing. Rainelle Neengia, a clubber who hated her long commute from Strangetown decided to look for a house in downtown. Being that it was so widely populated, no letting agents could find her anything. So one night she thought "what about that big house close to the graveyard?", all of her downtown friends told her it wasn't a good idea and that the house was haunted and that no-one has even gone in that house other than fire fighters who had to bury the chard remains of two teenagers. Growing up in Strangetown, Rainelle wasn't afraid of no ghost, so she started staying in the house during the day and partying all night. She even redid some of the wallpaper and added some furniture.

One day, she was feeling sick so she decided to not party that night. She went to bed, only to be awoken by two teenagers at the foot of her bed. She screamed and ran out of the room, but there they were again, and angrier. They tormented Rainelle all night, until eventually she died of fright. The whole neighbourhood was thought of as 'creepy' and soon enough all the inhabitants left (but still come back for the nightlife). Some downtownies include far off descendants of Tricou's, who are all teenagers and want to know of their family history - so they hang around downtown late at night trying to talk to the vampires who may have been around long enough to know the full story.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Inventor
#23 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 4:12 PM
I love anything that has a mystery surrounding it. Bella, Strangetown, and yes, even the Tricous. I especially love what Skell did with them in Fortune & Romance.

What I like to think is that Downtown is actually somewhere in Louisiana.
Look at the way the House of Fallen Trees is built.
Look at their names (with the exception of Jon Smith)- They're French.

Louisiana (New Orleans in particular) is known for having a bustling Night Life
You may be asking, why didn't they tear this 100-year-old house down? It doesn't even match the rest of the city's architecture. Well, no one wants to mess with a haunted house. Rainelle Neengia tried, and she's 6 feet under.
Now all that's missing is some disease, drought, or mass starvation that happened 100 years ago that would pick off people one by one... Ever heard of the Spanish Flu?

This explains just about everything, except for JS Tricou's kids. The sims is obviously set in a universe where plants eat people and zombies exist, so is it so strange to say that maybe those kids' mothers were impregnated by JS' ghost ALL AT THE SAME TIME when they did the very dangerous thing of venturing into the haunted house?

But hey, that's just a theory.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Me too! I never realized how much I rely on this site until I kept accidentally going on it and getting the "site is under maintenance page"

Anyway, now that I'm awake and the site is up and running:

So to me the Tricou's were a rich family, possibly associated with the Goth family, but died years and years before any one of the Goth's known ancestry was born. They were a bit of a cult family, very interested in the supernatural and wanted to experiment with vampirism. They purchased the House of fallen trees in hopes of seeing the ghost of the grey lady that watches over toddlers and children hoping to become invincible vampires to live forever (being that vampires set on fire in sunlight). Those around them thought they were evil and scary, and the family got paranoid. They boarded themselves up in the house for fear of their deaths, the elders were the first to die - they starved to death quite quickly as they were both very old, they had left some inheritance money behind for the family which was really all the family needed as none of them could go to work for fear of the outside world.

Those still boarded up in the house became crazy, for fear of the outside world. Jennail started arguments and would constantly be starting heated debates with her brother-in-law, Kiernan, all the while Jennail began to notice that her husband Kvornan was much better suited to her sister Nylissit than to her. The family became too untrusworhy towards each oher and no longer helped each other survive, now living in different rooms of the house to avoid looking at each other. It got to the point that the parents could only manage to feed their children in hopes of them living on, and eventually perished. Now with the parents dead, Fricorith and Gvaudoin moved all the gravestones to the area next door, which, years after their death became Gothier Green Lawns.

Fricorith and Gvaudoin lived alone in the house of trees for quite some time and even started going more outside. Though the public was still scared of the Tricou clan, knowing that there was only two of them, and seeing how pale and boney both teens were, the community waited until late at night to set the house on fire. The teens were terrified, praying to the grey lady to give them the power to survive fire - but she never did. Both teenagers burned alive.

The whole town was theoried to have become cursed though the town still trived up until the 1980s, where it became a hot spot for clubbing. Rainelle Neengia, a clubber who hated her long commute from Strangetown decided to look for a house in downtown. Being that it was so widely populated, no letting agents could find her anything. So one night she thought "what about that big house close to the graveyard?", all of her downtown friends told her it wasn't a good idea and that the house was haunted and that no-one has even gone in that house other than fire fighters who had to bury the chard remains of two teenagers. Growing up in Strangetown, Rainelle wasn't afraid of no ghost, so she started staying in the house during the day and partying all night. She even redid some of the wallpaper and added some furniture.

One day, she was feeling sick so she decided to not party that night. She went to bed, only to be awoken by two teenagers at the foot of her bed. She screamed and ran out of the room, but there they were again, and angrier. They tormented Rainelle all night, until eventually she died of fright. The whole neighbourhood was thought of as 'creepy' and soon enough all the inhabitants left (but still come back for the nightlife). Some downtownies include far off descendants of Tricou's, who are all teenagers and want to know of their family history - so they hang around downtown late at night trying to talk to the vampires who may have been around long enough to know the full story.

There's one problem with your theory. Gvaudoin died of a fire, but Fricorith died of Starvation. My theory is that the family was rich at one time but they became poor, after which Gvaudoin died in a house fire while making breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Since the family was too poor to afford a new kitchen, they died shortly after. However, I admire your detective work.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 4:37 PM
I don't worry about theory's for I make a clean and empty hood attach both downtown and a Uni. hood and send all 6 teens to collage and use them for this hood.
Sometimes I will bring back the 2 dead teens and some times I will bring back all of the dead Tricou's and have them work on there relationship and get them married to there spouses again.
Its how I feel at the time I do it is all.

Page 1 of 2