Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
TS3W is in your game folder

usually... program files\electronic arts\the sims 3\game\bin\

changed it to windows 7, still having graphic problems and volume though
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 11:07 AM
Sorry, at this point I think it is compatibility with Win 8 and I just don't have enough experience with that OS to have any more ideas. Hopefully someone else here can help you.

Think you already answered the primary source of problems on prettymiley's pc in your post under postcount 7. Win 8 + 4GB RAM + Intel Celeron + Integrated Chip.

Even if it was a Win 7 OS, think OP will still experience problems with those system specs on that OS as well. I am surprised OP could even start a game and probably run out of memory within 1 hour of gameplay. Though that might be the result of the graphical and sounds issues OP is experiencing.

I am on a Win 8.1 mediocre system with a dedicated card, 8GB of RAM and it runs just fine without even have to switch TS3 to Win 7 compatibility mode.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 12:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by stevset
Think you already answered the primary source of problems on prettymiley's pc in your post under postcount 7. Win 8 + 4GB RAM + Intel Celeron + Integrated Chip.

Even if it was a Win 7 OS, think OP will still experience problems with those system specs on that OS as well. I am surprised OP could even start a game and probably run out of memory within 1 hour of gameplay. Though that might be the result of the graphical and sounds issues OP is experiencing.

I am on a Win 8.1 mediocre system with a dedicated card, 8GB of RAM and it runs just fine without even have to switch TS3 to Win 7 compatibility mode.

what do I need to do steve?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 1:58 PM
Unfortunately not something anyone wants to hear, but at this point there is almost nothing to do on that specific system, you already tried everything.

If you still care about your laptop, I would stop using it to play the Sims 3 on it. And look for something else that meets the minimum requirement the game requires, rather something just above when you also have expansions (Duo or Quad processor, x64 OS, minimum 8GB RAM, dedicated Graphics Card). When you do Can I Run It On This PC, you'll basically see the flaws on your current system.

Alternatively, you could try further limiting the EP's you have installed. From your OP I can see that you have Showtime and Ambitions, uninstall ShowTime and see how it goes with just the Base Game and Ambitions. Though if you have any of the heavy EP's installed, Pets / SuperNatural / Seasons, uninstall those first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#32 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 8:42 PM
Unfortunately not something anyone wants to hear, but at this point there is almost nothing to do on that specific system, you already tried everything.

If you still care about your laptop, I would stop using it to play the Sims 3 on it. And look for something else that meets the minimum requirement the game requires, rather something just above when you also have expansions (Duo or Quad processor, x64 OS, minimum 8GB RAM, dedicated Graphics Card). When you do Can I Run It On This PC, you'll basically see the flaws on your current system.

Alternatively, you could try further limiting the EP's you have installed. From your OP I can see that you have Showtime and Ambitions, uninstall ShowTime and see how it goes with just the Base Game and Ambitions. Though if you have any of the heavy EP's installed, Pets / SuperNatural / Seasons, uninstall those first.

I'm just going to keep playing the sims on my laptop and hope for the best the graphics and volume dont always play up, so is it my laptop thats the problem?
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by prettymiley
I'm just going to keep playing the sims on my laptop and hope for the best the graphics and volume dont always play up, so is it my laptop thats the problem?

Yes! Press that link "Can I Run It On This PC" on my post earlier and toggle to find The Sims 3 in that drop box under point 1 (or type it in), then press the button (requires Java to be installed on your system). When its done, scroll down to see the report, everything in green is okay.

Win 8 comes back as unknown, but more importantly, what color does it give on your CPU / CPU Speed (probably red), Video Card (also probably red). If it is that than yeah, your laptop with its current specification isn't suited for the game to be played on.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 12:48 AM
Might this help?
0x0f31
Chip Number: 5200
Chip Description: Iris pro 5200
Source: http://www.pcidatabase.com/vendor_details.php?id=1302

I do know how it is playing the Sims on a low end PC, though that was years ago and was at the time average, limited on Mods, limited on CC (scratch the high poly count CC entirely), playing on low graphical settings, restart the game after 1-2 hours of gaming (ooops I need to hold on for a bit cause my Sims is having a baby), error 12. Which, made me stop simming for over 2 years.

In 2011 I picked it back up on a new better rig (replaced 2 times) and still not bored with it and free from those limitations. Though I take it pretty slow with a lifespan of 3640 days per Sim.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 3:14 PM
i can't find the chip card thing
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 18th Jul 2015 at 5:30 PM
Wow! That is insane! I have it at about 280 days and I thought that was plenty long!

If you think that's insane, my gamespeed is reduced to 43% of the normal speed (courtesy of NRaas Relativity), which takes (without the use of 4x speed) around 50 RL-minutes to turn to the next day ;-)

Another member on our board has build a separate rig and tuned his game to reflect real life with the exact approximate lifespan of a human life, altered moodlets, pregnancies (9 months), basically anything that remotely resemblance real life.

I thought doing the same, but I think my PC would die first before even getting a 2nd generation , having to let it play 24/7, with a reboot once in awhile.

Quote: Originally posted by prettymiley
i can't find the chip card thing

Open your Direct X Diagnostic tools:
- Be on your Desktop
- Move mouse all the way to top right of your screen
- Toolbar will show it self, press on search (magnifying glass icon)
- Type in: "dxdiag" without quotes and it should come back with an icon that is blueish and has a yellow X on it which is named exactly the same, click on it
- It will open your Direct X Diagnostic Tools program, click on the tab Monitor
- In here you find your details information of your Graphics Card used by your system
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 3:57 AM
If you think that's insane, my gamespeed is reduced to 43% of the normal speed (courtesy of NRaas Relativity), which takes (without the use of 4x speed) around 50 RL-minutes to turn to the next day ;-)

Another member on our board has build a separate rig and tuned his game to reflect real life with the exact approximate lifespan of a human life, altered moodlets, pregnancies (9 months), basically anything that remotely resemblance real life.

I thought doing the same, but I think my PC would die first before even getting a 2nd generation , having to let it play 24/7, with a reboot once in awhile.

Open your Direct X Diagnostic tools:
- Be on your Desktop
- Move mouse all the way to top right of your screen
- Toolbar will show it self, press on search (magnifying glass icon)
- Type in: "dxdiag" without quotes and it should come back with an icon that is blueish and has a yellow X on it which is named exactly the same, click on it
- It will open your Direct X Diagnostic Tools program, click on the tab Monitor
- In here you find your details information of your Graphics Card used by your system

I did all that but there is no editing option and it didnt show the chip thing i dont know what im supposed to do
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 4:04 AM
Might this help?
0x0f31
Chip Number: 5200
Chip Description: Iris pro 5200
Source: http://www.pcidatabase.com/vendor_details.php?id=1302

I do know how it is playing the Sims on a low end PC, though that was years ago and was at the time average, limited on Mods, limited on CC (scratch the high poly count CC entirely), playing on low graphical settings, restart the game after 1-2 hours of gaming (ooops I need to hold on for a bit cause my Sims is having a baby), error 12. Which, made me stop simming for over 2 years.

In 2011 I picked it back up on a new better rig (replaced 2 times) and still not bored with it and free from those limitations. Though I take it pretty slow with a lifespan of 3640 days per Sim.
##

when I go to edit the graphicscards it doesnt say chip number or chip description, do i have to write it in?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 12:07 PM
b) Find: card 0x0166 "Mobile IvyBridge GT2"

c) Replace with: card 0x0f31 "Mobile IvyBridge GT2"

0f31 is your chip device number. It is the Intel HD 5200. But don't make any description changes, else you have to edit graphicsrules.sgr too and that's a pain.

I did do that
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#45 Old 19th Jul 2015 at 11:40 PM
It's alright, just replace it with this:

card 0x0f31 "Mobile IvyBridge GT2"

Already did that but still having graphic and volume problems
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#47 Old 20th Jul 2015 at 2:38 PM
is there any software I could buy to make my computer compatible with the sims?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 12:07 AM
No, but as I've mentioned earlier, you can check for driver updates.

I googled and apparently you can increase your RAM I am going to call the computer guys tomorrow and see if they can sort this out, I deff want to be able to play the sims on this computer as my sims family is well developed
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 12:08 AM
Page 2 of 3