Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 6:05 PM
Default Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
This is the dreaded question that puts you on the spot..."Where do you see yourself in ten years?"...

Now some give this a lot of thought, others give it some thought and many blow it off until they are in the hot seat, stammering to be coherent.

I more or less have an idea.

I will lose the excess weight.
I will meet the man of my dreams by winning him over with my cute charms and adorable appearance.
I will marry him.
We'll have our octuplets.
We'll spend the first 5 years caring for the octuplets.
If we're lucky, a 9th child may appear.
We'll send the octuplets off to the best preschool and focus on Evan Luther\Eva Lucia's toddler years. (Not sure of the 9th child's gender )

Lofty as it seems, this is only plan A.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 6:40 PM
Prison.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 7:16 PM
@IAmDeath But the question is: will we be cellmates?

Dunno. All I can hope for is that I have a comfortable life where I won't have any financial or health problems (such as not so happy people chasing my with sticks, likely to result in my untimely demise)
#4 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 7:19 PM
I'd probably be working much more seriously on some kind of graphic novel. Dunno if I'd be married or not.
Theorist
#5 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 7:46 PM
Making t-shirts and app skins, begging for donations, and eating white rose potato salad. The future doesn't look fun when graphic design is all about taking orders from people who think design is easy. My portfolio looks like someone who cares very little about what the client wants. I would like to do page layout for schizophrenia, adhd, depression, etc, but the best there is is NAMI Advocate and they really love their boring "grassroots" newsletter look. So I'm just going to learn html / css and hope that takes me in a better direction, away from print. Hopefully I can dabble in gis and gain a useful skill.

Hmm, ten years from now... so this will be right around the time when we have The Elder Scrolls: Orcs in Manhattan?
Alchemist
#6 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 7:53 PM
10 years.. I don't even know what I'm gonna do tomorrow.

I come in peace
#7 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 8:29 PM
I'd like to be half way through a dual major degree with my own apartment, at least. Marriage in ten years isn't a necessity for me, but if I'm still with someone at the time I'd like to start talking about starting a family. Moving into a home that's more fit for the health of children would be ideal, as well.

I don't particularly mind living with my parents. In fact, I asked them if it'd be okay if we all moved in together once I do start a family. Though, for the next decade or so I'd like some time to settle in myself. It'll be stressful living with another human being with school and work on top. It sounds pitiful, but I don't handle being around others for too long very well. I'm an extremely reserved individual. Personal space is something I value highly. If I were to move in with strangers or with a lover, I'd need to adjust. To me, I shouldn't move my family into an environment with children until I can control how I handle my emotions a bit better.

Regardless of if I have friends or a lover at the time, having children would still be in my mind. Single parenting doesn't bother me as long as one has their life decently put together.

I'd also like to be in a fit condition and be mentally stable. As it is right now, I'm not very healthy. I'm trying to work on my problems though, and I hope one day I won't have to think before I do everything.

In short; I want happiness. If not happiness, I want full contentment.
Theorist
#8 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 8:32 PM
I'll probably be dead, which is okay because it doesn't sound nearly as depressing as the alternative. I mean seriously, Donald Trump? The human race is a neverending fountain of misery and disappointment.
Scholar
#9 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 8:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
@IAmDeath But the question is: will we be cellmates?

That all depends on where we commit our maybe crimes.

Scholar
#10 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 9:22 PM
We need a halfway point where we can commit all our maybe crimes
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 9:34 PM
10 years will only make me 30, so by then I would want to have finished off my degree (which should be ending in 2016), married to my current boyfriend, 2 children and possibly talking about a third, a good few years of work experience and possibly considering/starting another degree (depending on where we are on the third child situation), a house that is either 2-3 bedrooms (or at least planning on getting a 3 bedroom house) and a car. I want to still live in Wales, but in north Wales not mid Wales, so that I could visit England a lot more so that my children are close to my boyfriends family as well as my Dad and siblings.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:20 PM
in 10 years time I will be 26 years old, so hopefully I would have moved out, manage to get my dream job (wedding photographer) or another good job, I'm hoping I'll still be with my current boyfriend (if he can put up with me that long), I might go to university but I'm not to sure about it yet. my mind is full of future ambitions and dreams

Life is like a rollercoaster. It has its ups and downs. But it's your choice to scream or enjoy the ride
Cottage feedback- would be greatly appreciated
Simple Holiday House - great for parties and relaxation
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:56 PM Last edited by grammapat : 9th Aug 2015 at 11:17 PM. Reason: who dares disagree
Incredible thin and spiritually ethereal...in other words...dead

And what ninny disagrees? More to the point, WHY? Do you have any idea how incredible old I am?
Scholar
#14 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

And what ninny disagrees? More to the point, WHY? Do you have any idea how incredible old I am?

We don't care how old you are. WE DONT WANT YOU TO DIE.

Theorist
#15 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 12:01 AM
A lame job and still no life.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
#16 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat

*blocks ears - not listening, not listening*
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

*raises hand*
I disagreed.
*Goes back to blocked ears and more lalalalalaing*
Scholar
#17 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 1:20 AM
I honestly don't really see myself being in a good place. I will either be far more dependent than I am right now (and not sure who would take care of me at that point?), or... Well. Yeah.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#18 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 1:21 AM
Nowhere. The stress of not knowing how to proceed with my life is killing me :/
Mad Poster
#19 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 2:20 AM
After complaining about one "disagree", I now have THREE disagree, but they are nicely balanced by 2 "love" and 1 "funny". "IamDEATH" doesn't want me to die.-?-.and the dude with his thumbs in his ears..simmer DOWN! I don't have any immediate plans to shuffle off this mortal coil (I don't even know where my "coil" is or how to "shuffle it off"). Is that anything like doing the shimmy to get your pants to drop when your hands are full? don't ask.

ERONEL "how to proceed with my life": stand in the door way, feet and knees together...GO! GO! GO!. Any airborne knows that.
#20 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 2:39 AM
Can I get 25 years? I need to give my son time to meet his wife and have children. I don't care what happens to me, but I want to hold my first grandchild and I want her (because it'll be a girl, and she'll have my colouring, I know it) to call me Granddad so I can spoil her with puppies, pretty stuff and her own pony so I can teach her to ride like my grandfather taught me.
Theorist
#21 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 2:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Can I get 25 years? I need to give my son time to meet his wife and have children. I don't care what happens to me, but I want to hold my first grandchild and I want her (because it'll be a girl, and she'll have my colouring, I know it) to call me Granddad so I can spoil her with puppies, pretty stuff and her own pony so I can teach her to ride like my grandfather taught me.

Only if you ask it nicely.

#22 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Only if you ask it nicely.

Asks nicely ... PANDA QUEEN can I get 25 years, please?
#23 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:22 AM
In 10 years, I either landed a job in the video game industry or ended up being a scientist of some sort.

Life is paradoxically coincidental to the ironical tyranny applicable to the unparalleled definition of reverse entropy.

"A thunderstorm breaks the wall of darkness." - Lyrics to Storm

"Meh." - me
Theorist
#24 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 3:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Thranduil Oropherion
Asks nicely ... PANDA QUEEN can I get 25 years, please?

Your wish is our comment:

*sentences T.O. to 25 years of jail time*

#25 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Your wish is our comment:

*sentences T.O. to 25 years of jail time*

Page 1 of 3