Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
#51 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 1:30 AM
For me, that counts mostly for the reply of simmodder, because looking at his/her post I can't imagine a very high age (unlike grammapat) is the reason...

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
For me, that counts mostly for the reply of simmodder, because looking at his/her post I can't imagine a very high age (unlike grammapat) is the reason...

HAY HAY! Was that a crack about my age?! Attempts to whack with purse. Purse is full of cake. Probably do nothing but scatter cake. Scatters cake on Thorn Operotimus. Looks for fork.
Random silliness to combat sadness...
Theorist
#53 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 1:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
HAY HAY! Was that a crack about my age?! Attempts to whack with purse. Purse is full of cake. Probably do nothing but scatter cake. Scatters cake on Thorn Operotimus. Looks for fork.
Random silliness to combat sadness...

You started!

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 12th Aug 2015 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
You started!

True enough; one point for you. But I do have fox-eyes (so I've been told); I understand foxes like to bite the necks off of chickens...where am I going with this?
My true belief (if anyone was asking) is that after the first 100 years it doesn't matter, as long as you have some value to anyone else. And since I has cake, and will share, I obviously am invaluable.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#55 Old 14th Aug 2015 at 11:22 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 14th Aug 2015 at 11:38 PM.
Well, Plan B would be for me to open a corporation that makes all sorts of conscious efforts within our products, from sourcing and labor conditions from start to finish, to manufacturers' carbon footprint and power usage during production hours, to even ingredient labeling and material safety. Those are just some of the stipulations. I am not going nor will our company ever establish factories overseas as many American are jobless in this economic chaos and outsourcing does not always yield best results.

Truth be told, I never had to call tech support and be transferred to Calcutta for a simple factory reset. But that's neither here nor there. But yes, India has become the butt of the joke in outsourcing. During the 2008 Beijing Olympics, China was under fire for harmful, poisonous and fatal chemicals and the shoddy workmanship. A toy used with water to make perler bead-styled was manufactured with chemicals that mimicked date rape drugs if accidentally ingested. Toy with magnets were recalled when some popped loosed. Followed by the BPA scare and the countless deaths (I lost track) of pets from eating poisoned food formulas, that was about the time "Made in America" redefined itself from crappy, breakable products to enduring products like our passion for life.

Enough history... Back to the program!

My main point is, I want to run one hell of a company within 10 years time.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
#56 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 12:24 AM
10 years...

Either my robot army will have brought order, justice and peace to the world...

or

Their robot army would have kicked my ass and I'd be in a concentration camp.

Either way, I'd be retired.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 8:51 AM
I never really understood why people ask this question. Does anyone really know for certain? No one has the ability to predict the future. Besides, how does one look forward if one can't even look back?

Hell, for all I know I could make a guess and say that I'd be emperor of the world, but only after I've enslaved stuart-grey's robot army.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Forum Resident
#58 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 9:59 AM
Stuart, I hope you're not trying to start a Mechanical Armageddon.

I still have the same hope as the last time. Enough of a fortune to live on.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
#59 Old 15th Aug 2015 at 5:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheOriginalFive
Stuart, I hope you're not trying to start a Mechanical Armageddon.

Sort of. My plans are not that different from the plans of The Powers that BE, but without all the screaming, blood and tears.

Imagine a robot with the outer form of your favorite babe/hunk shows up on your doorstep along with a couple of service bots, a big screen TV, and the latest in game electronics. They're going to pamper you, feed you, do your chores, and allow you to spend your time in whatever activity you wish; art, science, game playing, watching TV; whatever! But if you're going to plot naughty things like blowing people up or, worse, hacking the robots, they're going to bag you like yesterday's trash. They can't be corrupted (hence the no hacking rule), they are always honest, and unlike people - they play by the rules and insist that others play by the rules too. They totally don't tolerate the "rules are made for suckers!" mentality.
Forum Resident
#60 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:48 AM Last edited by TheOriginalFive : 16th Aug 2015 at 9:57 AM.
So you are encouraging people to be good, by rewarding them indirectly with caretakers. That may be the Mechanical Armageddon that the world of HeroSmash needs.

I just hope it doesn't end up like WALL-E's previous masters' predicament.

Avatar model: Shi Gaik Lan / Atroxia "Jade Orchid" Lion (Source: Dynasty Warriors 8 Empires).
The Four Stars (Table of Content)
Mekageddon, the Interactive Story. (Remake Discussion) (Dev Tumblr)
Scholar
#61 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 7:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
I never really understood why people ask this question. Does anyone really know for certain? No one has the ability to predict the future. Besides, how does one look forward if one can't even look back?

Hell, for all I know I could make a guess and say that I'd be emperor of the world, but only after I've enslaved stuart-grey's robot army.

I think the question is more of a test to see how down to earth someone is.

If I was more of a dreamer, I'd say in ten years I see myself living in a million dollar mansion after filming the greatest movie since Citizen Kane. Realistically, I'm either going to prison (for what, I don't know) or I'll end up working as a manager at McDonalds.

The secret ingredient is phone.
Growing up means watching my heroes turn human in front of me.
Thank you, O Mighty Doom Deity! - BL00DIEHELL
Instructor
#62 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 10:35 AM
After seeing this I retract my previous answer:

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 1:54 PM
About the cat wine, knowing how Socks drinks water, it would be a matter of removing the stains.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#64 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 3:34 PM
Same here My cat thinks she's a raccoon and she uses her paw to bring the water up to her mouth. She's taught the younger cat to do the same thing. In all my years of having cats, this is new for me.
Instructor
#65 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:55 PM
Can't say I've ever had those problems with my kitties! So I think we're safe to drink wine together
Field Researcher
#66 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 12:55 AM
I can't recall if I have answered this one already. Forgive me if I am repeating myself.

In ten years, when hubby is nearing retirement, I hope to be living in a little lake front house in a lovely lake community he and I have fallen in love with.
I hope to be watching my daughters & grandchildren play in & go tubing on the lake.
I can picture hubby and me hosting many holidays with the family, grilling on the back deck.
I can also imagine quiet nights out on the patio, looking up at the countless stars and sipping vino, while feeling grateful for our wonderful life.

Sugah's Place
... Providing quality Sims 2 downloads in a fun, friendly forum setting ...
Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges & more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 2:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pizza
Can't say I've ever had those problems with my kitties! So I think we're safe to drink wine together

Can't drink...hypersensitivity to alcohol and addiction runs both sides of my family.

Lab Assistant
#68 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 7:40 PM
Default .....In ten years...
:lovestruc

Sitting on More of my Dividends

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc
Test Subject
#69 Old 19th Aug 2015 at 7:42 PM
Thats A good Q
Scholar
#70 Old 20th Aug 2015 at 2:27 AM
hm...well, I'll be 31. I'll have graduated with my master's in library science (I hope) and I don't know where I'll be living. Somewhere near the beach would be nice but I don't know if that will happen. It would be nice to be married only if I could find the right person. And hopefully I'll have a decent number of friends, still talk to my sister all the time, and hopefully my parents will still be in good health. And it would be nice if my depression would improve and I spend more days feeling okay than bad. That's about all I want.

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.”
bleed-in-ink.tumblr.com
Test Subject
#71 Old 30th Aug 2015 at 10:15 AM
In ten years... well, I hope I'll have finished this minor, niche degree I'm working on. And that I'll have--despite my mother's wishes (or fears?)--moved out to my own place far away from here, in another state at the least, or travelling. Some kind of income would be nice, too. I hope I'm healthier and can feel better about things than I do now, even if they aren't actually better.

Maybe a stable job that I agree with the ethics and purpose and methods of, pays enough to live comfortably, and doesn't cost me my life. Oh, and a set of extra cybernetic arms would be nice, as well as a holodeck and a space-yacht, while we're being fanciful ;,,)

Page 3 of 3