Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

4 New Willow Creek City Skyline Replacements

by Bakie Posted 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:51 AM - Updated 27th Jan 2017 at 2:03 PM by Bakie

37 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 12 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 3:29 PM
impressed!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 3:34 PM
Thanks, very cool!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 3:48 PM
Thank You very much! I saw your Youtube tutorial - it's great job! 1 question to you - if I want to make my own skyline replacement (I need alien futuristic city) - this way (on your tutorial) is the correct to me?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 4:01 PM
Clever!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 4:04 PM
Amazing! Thank you 😀
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 4:11 PM
Nice idea :)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 4:46 PM
Incredible!
Now I can put my city (Rio de Janeiro) in there! Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 5:42 PM
Nicely done! And thank you for the tutorial - now I can make a Giant Robot Invasion background for Willow Creek, yayy.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:09 PM
just ... enormous great :D thanks !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 7:55 PM
awesome! thank you
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 8:45 PM
Great Job :) They all look awesome :)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:19 PM
Thanks everybody for the kind words! Glad you all like these new City Skylines.

Quote: Originally posted by LilyCross
Thank You very much! I saw your Youtube tutorial - it's great job! 1 question to you - if I want to make my own skyline replacement (I need alien futuristic city) - this way (on your tutorial) is the correct to me?

Yes, you can use the tutorial for that. Youcan just erase the whole Willow Creek City Skyline (Also make the alpha channel completely black if you start)
Then make your city skyline by copy pasting images or maybe draw it yourself. Then use the Ctrl+ left click Image way, to make the correct part of the alpha channel white.
If you have any questions or get stuck at a moment, please ask below the video in the comment section.

Quote: Originally posted by Esmeralda
Nicely done! And thank you for the tutorial - now I can make a Giant Robot Invasion background for Willow Creek, yayy.

That was the first thing I did too when testing it out. I made some giant monster behind the buildings.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 11:48 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 23rd Aug 2015 at 2:11 AM.
Your upload is missing information -- please add some info to your upload description on what kind of mod this is, what it is overriding exactly and how to use it. You can add external links for *additional* information, but the basic info needs to be in the post. Thank you.

See the Creator Guidelines > Game Mods: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ims_4_Game_Mods

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:09 AM
These look great if you ever make anymore I'd love one of Seattle.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 3:19 AM
WOW! These are great. If you could do one that is just an empty background with just clouds in the day and stars at night it would be wonderful as then we could use it with any theme for our world. Thank you. And the videos are great.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
WOW! These are great. If you could do one that is just an empty background with just clouds in the day and stars at night it would be wonderful as then we could use it with any theme for our world. Thank you. And the videos are great.

Yes this exactly! I might create a fantasy world and actually stick with the game for more than 5 minutes then.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 7:36 AM
Wow, this looks fantastic! Thank you!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 11:52 AM
wow! Amazing! Thankyou!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:03 PM
will you also be making other skylines for Oasis Springs etc.?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 1:29 PM
Thanks everybody!

Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Your upload is missing information -- please add some info to your upload description on what kind of mod this is, what it is overriding exactly and how to use it. You can add external links for *additional* information, but the basic info needs to be in the post. Thank you.

See the Creator Guidelines > Game Mods: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ims_4_Game_Mods

Hi Pb,

Never uploaded an override before, so sorry for not providing all the right information needed.
I just added some more information to the description page. Is there anything more that I need to add? (Thought I got everything listed in the Creator Guidelines now)

Quote: Originally posted by Chad01
These look great if you ever make anymore I'd love one of Seattle.

Hi Chad! I almost did make that one too, but eventually skipped that one. I will put this one on a list for more Skyline Replacements.

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee

Quote: Originally posted by jmtmom
Yes this exactly! I might create a fantasy world and actually stick with the game for more than 5 minutes then.

I will add that one to the list too! Thanks for the kind words about my videos, subscribed yet?

Quote: Originally posted by Xhiamel
will you also be making other skylines for Oasis Springs etc.?

I can do that, sure! Any suggestions?

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 4:30 PM
Wow this is amazing! Can you do it for New Crest as New york??? I made a Central Park of NY for Newcrest and many people downloaded in that 50x40 lot and I think putting New York as background would fit NewCrest so much! Will love you even more if you do this! Thanks a lot!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 4:51 PM
Fantastic, thank you
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#24 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 8:33 PM Last edited by cookniro : 23rd Aug 2015 at 8:49 PM.
Love this. So hate the encroaching skyline. If you are still taking suggestions for possible future. A Woodland fantasy for fairies, Orcs and other mystical creatures. Something with ancient ruins in the background. Also, think I might try a way out the program to see if I can totally erase the skyline. Or just a background that removes all sky line. So hate the Vegas thing in Oasis and hate the skyline in the new world with it's same house fifty times.Thank you, Thank you.
Just looked at tutorial. WOW! what happens if I mess up?
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#25 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 10:07 PM
What a cool idea! Thanks for sharing :-)
Page 1 of 2