Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Sims 2 Opportunity Pack Lectern & Accessories

by Sophie-David Posted 30th Oct 2015 at 7:28 AM - Updated 16th Apr 2017 at 6:43 PM by Sophie-David : Normalized title.

47 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 12:24 PM
Absolutely incredible. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 2:47 PM
This is amazing. I've been wanting more hobby objects too. :D
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 4:41 PM
Thank you for these, so needed. :)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 3:47 AM
What an awesome idea. Now I can have my adult schools with teachers! And my churches will have speakers. Thanks
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 5:26 AM
Thank you all for the encouragement!
Quote: Originally posted by atymer
What an awesome idea. Now I can have my adult schools with teachers! And my churches will have speakers. Thanks
Note that you will need the Extension Speaker to relay the talk from the pulpit or stage to the congregation.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 7:09 AM
thank you for creating this :)
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 10:43 AM
You've done it again Sophie. Thank you heaps! This opens up a world more of possibilities in the game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 3:42 AM
Thanks for this set.
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 8:07 PM
Thank you for the encouragement morgana, Snufflepaws and sandya.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 2:33 PM
Bardzo dziękuję za te wspaniałe rzeczy!
Theorist
Original Poster
#12 Old 31st Jan 2016 at 6:44 PM Last edited by Sophie-David : 31st Jan 2016 at 6:57 PM.
UPDATE Jan. 31st, 2016: Adjusted Quantity per Shelf

For retail shop use, the Opportunity Pack mics can now be placed at the maximum density on OFB shelves. Please download sdOpportunityLectern_WithMics.zip for the update.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#13 Old 5th Mar 2016 at 11:07 PM
I like two things about these very much:

1. The base is very simple and adaptable. A modern orator could use this as well as another from a different decade, and
2. They are autonomous. At least mine are. Great for political speeches in public areas, or any other speeches you wish. :)

Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 9:36 PM
Thank You
Theorist
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#15 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 8:49 PM
Thank you for the encouragement, gazania and mrslott.
Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Apr 2016 at 5:15 AM
UPGRADE April 4, 2016: Introducing "Invite", "Auto-Invite" & "Replace" of Teachers, with Other Improvements

Please download sdOpportunityLectern_WithMics.zip for the update.
Theorist
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Apr 2016 at 3:37 AM Last edited by Sophie-David : 13th May 2016 at 6:23 PM.
UPGRADE April 10, 2016: Introducing Immediate Mode for Utility Menu Options

1) Due to the usage of a new algorithm, the "Auto-Invite", "Invite", "Replace" and "Dismiss" menu options are now accessible immediately, rather then being placed in a Sim's action queue.

2) To make delayed functions more obvious, these same menu options are now disabled until pending actions such as recruiting a new teacher are completed.

3) Interest increase rates are boosted to be equivalent to the FreeTime Enthusiasm increase rates.
Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th May 2016 at 6:23 PM
UPGRADE May 12, 2016: Speaking from a Table, Desk, or on the Floor

1) With this enhancement, if a functional mic is placed on a table or desk with a chair in front of it, the speaker will sit on the chair to lead the session. If there are empty chairs at the table, listeners will gather to sit in them. This option can provide the look of a newsroom or seminar environment if desired.

2) If a mic is placed on a small object such as another book or paper that is itself on the ground, the speaker and listeners will sit on the ground near it.

3) After observing Sims sitting on the far side of large lots to listen to speeches, I have now introduced some limits. Listeners will sit within 10 tiles of a microphone when indoors and within 8 tiles outdoors.

4) The speech icons used by speakers are now a little more varied.

5) As much as practical, the Interest and Magic Skill development for speaking have been made equivalent to those for listening.

Theorist
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th May 2016 at 2:45 PM
UPGRADE May 18, 2016: "Ordinary" Sims More Likely to Speak

1) With this improvement, playable Sims and Townies are more likely to be invited to speak than NPCs. Certain NPCs such as the Apartment Life NPC witches, the Nightlife Grand Vampires and the Seasons Ideal PlantSim, are completely omitted from the invitation list. These exotic Sims are instead reserved for the Ravendancer set.

2) Speakers who have been Dismissed or Replaced are no longer allowed to autonomously return to the mic and resume talking.

3) Instead of referring to the session leaders as "Teachers", other nomenclature such as "Entertainer", "Reporter" or "Speaker" is used as appropriate.

Theorist
Original Poster
#20 Old 26th May 2016 at 6:03 PM
UPGRADE May 25, 2016: Improved Speaker Control

1) A surplus speaker will no longer spontaneously appear if the first one is not quick enough to begin speaking.

2) Non-invited NPC speakers who autonomously begin speaking will not be deleted when they finish.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#21 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 6:53 AM
Thank you SO much for keeping Sims 2 content alive. I've tried newer Sims, but I don't like the pre-built buildings and stuff.... I like to make my whole city, town, etc... Still love Sims2 best!
Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 9:12 AM Last edited by gazania : 9th Jun 2016 at 5:05 PM.
Has anyone else had instances where NPCs who are not SUPPOSED to show up show up? I just had the hotel housekeeper and a ninja show up on a lot with the lectern. This is really odd because I've used the lectern for months now with no incident, and really enjoy it.

I have downloaded all applicable updates. Apparently, there have been a few since I last checked. And one does seem to affect the amount of NPCs on lots, which might at least persuade that housekeeper to stay at the hotel, thanks. Perhaps that will stop this from happening again. My speakers are supposed to raise skill bars, NOT my blood pressure!

But other than this moment among so many good ones, this lectern is fantastic on Uni lots. Finally! A sort of lecture hall. It does seem strange there are no lectures at universities.

EDIT ... Duh. This is probably what your update was supposed to address. I had the wooden bird on the lectern, which is supposed to invite cleaning Sims. And what is the housekeeper? Well, I'm glad you made that update, then. Thank you! The less I see of her outside the hotel, the better!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
Original Poster
#23 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Has anyone else had instances where NPCs who are not SUPPOSED to show up show up? I just had the hotel housekeeper and a ninja show up on a lot with the lectern. This is really odd because I've used the lectern for months now with no incident, and really enjoy it.

I have downloaded all applicable updates. Apparently, there have been a few since I last checked. And one does seem to affect the amount of NPCs on lots, which might at least persuade that housekeeper to stay at the hotel, thanks. Perhaps that will stop this from happening again. My speakers are supposed to raise skill bars, NOT my blood pressure!

But other than this moment among so many good ones, this lectern is fantastic on Uni lots. Finally! A sort of lecture hall. It does seem strange there are no lectures at universities.

EDIT ... Duh. This is probably what your update was supposed to address. I had the wooden bird on the lectern, which is supposed to invite cleaning Sims. And what is the housekeeper? Well, I'm glad you made that update, then. Thank you! The less I see of her outside the hotel, the better!
Thank you for the feedback, gazania. I'm happy the update seems to have resolved most of these issues.

In the earlier versions, the Opportunity books, sculptures and mics would call the first qualified Sim they could find, whether they were a playable or townie Sim or an NPC. With the update, the service NPCs will be called only if there are no ordinary Sims who are qualified. So typically NPCs such as the hotel housekeeper or ninja should not be required to be invited as teachers for the Opportunity series, provided that the updates are installed.

The Ravendancer series is different in that each book is programmed to call specific NPCs to teach. For example, the ninja is specifically required to teach at the Page of Centring (if Bon Voyage is available). But the hotel housekeeper is not specifically required by any of the Ravendancer series, so she should typically not appear as a teacher for any of the skill building books.
Theorist
Original Poster
#24 Old 18th Jun 2016 at 7:29 PM
UPGRADE June 18, 2016: Coffee Table Usage

1) This release allows speakers to use the Fashion Mic, Health Mic or Sports Mic while sitting at a coffee table. However, the Mic must first be placed on a supporting object such as the Ravendancer Page of Centring that can in turn be placed on the coffee table.

2) Sims can now sit in a living chair to speak at a coffee table. However, the game does not normally allow Sims to sit at a coffee table with a living chair, unless the chair is carefully positioned using boolProp snapObjectsToGrid off or M&G's setQuarterTilePlacement on.

Mad Poster
#25 Old 25th Jun 2016 at 5:47 AM
There is one small detail. 99% of those using this will probably not be affected by this at all.

Right now, I'm creating a community college lot. I'm finding that my Sims are having trouble performing with their musical instruments on lots with a lectern. They will play just fine, but if you stop the action, they stay right where they are. You can't move them unless you quit the lot without saving. Hobby Instructors seem to be particularly fascinated with these Sims.

If you delete the lectern, you may still have the problem. I found I had to bulldoze the lot. Fortunately, I saved a prototype without the lectern first.

Most people won't have musical performers on the same lot as lecturers, so this will affect very few. And this may be just my downloads configuration causing the problem. But it's just a heads-up.

In other news, my hotel housekeepers and ninjas are staying just where they are now after the update. Thank you! And I still really like your opportunity items. I don't have all of them, but I have most!

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Page 1 of 2