Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
Still the fortune cookie makers should be able to be bought outside of china. Fortune cookies kick ass and everyone should be able to eat them!

The Fortune Cookie machine is available in the buydebug section by default. Just type in said cheat into the console and find it.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#27 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by niya238
This might sound strange, but I wish that there were car accidents. Like, the fact that cars drive right through each other bothers me greatly. I just wish that the whole transportation system was better.

Yeah, I'd like some more external unpredictability in my sims lives. There are so many things that can turn peoples lives upside down that aren't in the game.

Adding on top of things I wish there were, I wish the celebrity system, movie star, bands and performers were better integrated. They should have been branches off base celebrity system , rather than individual system like they are at the moment.

Stuff like hiring a PR person, managing your media persona, appearing for photoshoots, interviews and events would have made it feel more real and fun to juggle.
Instructor
Original Poster
#28 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 4:32 PM
Default wow
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
The Fortune Cookie machine is available in the buydebug section by default. Just type in said cheat into the console and find it.

I guess this is what I get for starting this type of thread after only owning the game for a few months, I had no idea that could be done. Thanks a lot.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Theorist
#29 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 5:10 PM
This reminds one of the lack of certain service vehicles, such as an Ambulance. TS2 had them. Why doesn't TS3?

Traffic in general sucks in TS3:

- The animations for getting in and out are missing, unlike TS2. There they actually open the door, step into the car and drive away. You need to have the drive way/garage near the front side of the lot, otherwise you can't move your car. In TS3 you can build it anywhere on the lot. One of my neighbours has theirs in the basement, with no proper exit on the outside. And after buying the cars, during its usage, you can sell your own parking spot for your cars, because the cars are permanent in peoples inventory. I only keep those garages in the front of my house, because of realism. Although, I maybe have to change that due to a lack of space. But except the first few days my Sims never put the car back in the garage. Which is funny, because the bikes from China are always put back on their right place.

- When you start a career at the police, you once become a member of traffic control. I've no idea why, because every vehicle drives through other vehicles, but there never happens anything. Very obsolete job in TS3, besides playing a nanny or arrest burglars.

The only good thing: at (some) public lots you actually have parking lots for cars, where your Sims park their car. Ah park, teleport it to that spot, while standing on the sidewalk.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Scholar
#30 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 7:01 PM
Pretty sure that at least AwesomeMod has an option to get out of the car where you parked it.
Theorist
#31 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 7:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I guess this is what I get for starting this type of thread after only owning the game for a few months, I had no idea that could be done. Thanks a lot.

You know what? That is perfectly all right. It takes time to get to know this game, especially if you end up with several expansion packs installed all at once. For all its failings (and no doubt why it fails in some regards), TS3 has a LOT of stuff going on in it!

Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Traffic in general sucks in TS3:<snip>

My personal favorite is how cars drive through each other and run right over the top of bicyclers. There have been times I've decided to take a leisurely drive with my Sim only to end up completely losing immersion because "we" just ran over someone.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 8:09 PM
In TS3 you can build it anywhere on the lot. One of my neighbours has theirs in the basement, with no proper exit on the outside

Ever put a carport on the roof or in a pool with the moveObjects cheat? Always funny when a Sim goes to a lot and their car teleports there.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

One Minute Ninja'd
#33 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 9:16 PM
Ever put a carport on the roof or in a pool with the moveObjects cheat? Always funny when a Sim goes to a lot and their car teleports there.

I always used to put the spots in the basement as well. Hated taking up a large footprint on the lot just for a big garage. I would usually put it behind a windowed wall so my sims could walk by and pretend to admire the car collection I amassed for them.

Besides, the basement also contained all the other "fun" stuff, like the sauna, gym, laundry room, and gaming area. Kept the upper floors a bit more open, and I didn't need a cloud of green smell to trail all over the house just so the sim could get to the shower after a workout.
Instructor
#34 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 2:48 AM Last edited by DesereiPandemoni : 3rd Nov 2015 at 3:12 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by stuart-grey
I donno if getting the kiss of death is a "great kiss".

Sure it is you're so good at kissing that your partner cannot comprehend the true form of your kiss and goes mad (or dies) from the revelation.
Scholar
#35 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 7:02 PM
These are probably only things I care about, BTW. Lol:

Oh, you know... A brass/woodwind instrument. But EA decided adding a second orchestral string that has already previously existed in the series was more important, while leaving the only representation of brass/woodwind instruments to being signs. Shame on them.

Also, because I'm big on weather/seasons, I'll list a couple of things that I wish had been implemented in TS3 Seasons:

-Trees/bushes blossoming in Spring. They even did their whole false advertising by placing a bunch of the blossoming cherry(?) trees in the advertisement screenshots for Spring. Shame on them... Again. Lol. What is Spring without the trees blooming? Boring.

-More shrubs/bushes changing colors in the fall/loosing leaves (or at the very least their flowers!) in winter. Yes, there are types that keep their leaves during the winter, but surely there would be quite a few that didn't. To EA's credit, they added two by the end of the EPs that lost their leaves, but there should be a few more than that... And the ones that kept their flowers? Shame on EA!

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Scholar
#36 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 8:09 PM
Something what makes me angry in TS2 is actually smth I miss in TS3 - "growing" and "spoiling" decorative flora (shrubs, flowers etc.) In Sims2 they need to be cared, in TS3 they're just objects.

// And now I realised I did not run the game for a month, and this made me sad ;(

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
#37 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 2:15 AM
Sometimes, I want to play with townie sims who are goths. Sometimes, with geeks. Sometimes beach folks. Steam-punk might be fun. Too bad you can't pick the tone of the townies when the game starts.

I also noticed that sometimes, a lot of effort goes into making the townies. I really like that world with the Addams Family, for example. Lots of interesting characters. The problem is, I spend on generation becoming super wealthy and immortal. By the time I get down to really playing the game of social interaction, all the interesting characters are in the graveyard, and the town's repopulated with pudden-faced pod people. And by pod I don't mean interesting plant sims. Cookie cutter type sims. I want an endless supply of interesting characters.

I would an EA made M-rated expansion pack. I'm thinking sell the base game G-Rated, then T-rated and M-rated expansion packs. There are mods out there that are just tacky and poorly integrated. EA could do it right, I think. I mean, certainly not sick like Grand Theft Auto...

I'm all for gender equality and all that, but women and men do behave a bit differently in the real world, and women are a couple of inches shorter. I understand why they're otherwise exactly the same, it makes the game easier to program, fewer animations and it avoids all the messy politics from "the reals" sitting on the other side of the screen from "the sims". Still, a little sexual metamorphism in behavior would be nice, eh? vive la différence! and all that.
Scholar
#38 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 3:15 AM
Still, a little sexual metamorphism in behavior would be nice, eh?

I think you mean dimorphism...I am trying to picture sexual metamorphism and I'm having trouble not imagining Sims as those fish that are female until they get to a certain size, then male for a while, and maybe switch back if the neighborhood is getting to be a bit boys'-clubby.
#39 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lucy kemnitzer
Still, a little sexual metamorphism in behavior would be nice, eh?

I think you mean dimorphism...I am trying to picture sexual metamorphism and I'm having trouble not imagining Sims as those fish that are female until they get to a certain size, then male for a while, and maybe switch back if the neighborhood is getting to be a bit boys'-clubby.

Darn my spell checker and poor eyes!
Alchemist
#40 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 6:57 AM
@stuart-grey If you get the height slider and edit some Sims, within a generation you'll start seeing height variations. The adult spouse of one of my Sims was actually as tall as a teenager, and just because I messed around with the height of her (NPC) parents before she was conceived
But yeah, it's annoying to have to edit everyone, then download Story Progression and mess with all the settings, just to NOT have face-zero Sims.

@bassoon_crazy Personally, I find it even worse that EA advertised Appaloosa Plains as autumn-y, with all the red and yellow trees that are ALWAYS like that i.e. they don't change colors, they're in perpetual autumn. Seems like a poor replacement for Seasons (which hadn't come out at that point).

A pet peeve of mine is that sometimes collectibles spawn on unroutable terrain. It's especially annoying when it's something rare, and you can't get to it.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#41 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 2:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
@bassoon_crazy Personally, I find it even worse that EA advertised Appaloosa Plains as autumn-y, with all the red and yellow trees that are ALWAYS like that i.e. they don't change colors, they're in perpetual autumn. Seems like a poor replacement for Seasons (which hadn't come out at that point).

Oh? I don't remember being that worried about it. I knew they'd release a full Seasons later on, it was just far too demanded for them to pull a stunt like that.

If this happened in The Sims 4, on the other hand, I might actually be concerned, because implementing 'seasons' like that would be on par with the rest of that game.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Alchemist
#42 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
Oh? I don't remember being that worried about it. I knew they'd release a full Seasons later on, it was just far too demanded for them to pull a stunt like that.

Oh, absolutely, it was too much of a cash cow for EA to not release it. I just feel it entertained too much hope, compared to what it offered (speaking only about the trees, I haven't played AP extensively so I have no clue about how it is otherwise). The first thing I remember thinking was "oh great, they made autumn-y versions of the trees, please tell me we're not getting winter-y versions and they'll leave it at that".

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 9:41 PM
I wish that you could have NFL football stadiums in the game. Also the NFL career back in the game and play NFL football in the game because the soccer game are weird how ever hear of 10 to 1 win sims 3 .
Theorist
#44 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 10:14 PM
* American football
* Football

And I would rather abolish these careers, because the way it works it's just dumb. Our (European) football system doesn't compute with the promotion system with the Sims football careers, in life stages you only are supposed to play in this career as a YA (not as adult) and it's the career where you are mostly like to transfer to other clubs and thus cities. You just can't ''become'' a pro football player at once either, after being an assistant of an assistant of an assistant at a training. It doesn't even make sense, looking at the USA NCAA college and university sports system with scholarships, drafting et cetera.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
One Minute Ninja'd
#45 Old 7th Nov 2015 at 11:38 PM
* American football
* Football

And I would rather abolish these careers, because the way it works it's just dumb. Our (European) football system doesn't compute with the promotion system with the Sims football careers, in life stages you only are supposed to play in this career as a YA (not as adult) and it's the career where you are mostly like to transfer to other clubs and thus cities. You just can't ''become'' a pro football player at once either, after being an assistant of an assistant of an assistant at a training. It doesn't even make sense, looking at the USA NCAA college and university sports system with scholarships, drafting et cetera.

But they never really identify exactly what the hell the Llamas are playing anyway. Maybe they're just playing bocce, which could extend your career well into your golden years.

Then again, seeing an elder Zelda Mae still working and leaving the theater in a backup vocalist outfit is pretty immersion breaking
Test Subject
#46 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 1:23 AM
They are obviously playing sportsball. It's less about absolute fitness, and more about being a good sport.
Theorist
#47 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 2:58 AM
- Open for Business style EP
- closets
- shopping
- Real apartments like in TS2 AL
- children playing all musical instruments

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Test Subject
#48 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 4:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
- closets

ITF and the store have wardrobes with doors. They are sort of bulky and work as woohoo location.
Alchemist
#49 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 8:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by minutegold
ITF and the store have wardrobes with doors. They are sort of bulky and work as woohoo location.

There are two bulky closets in Supernatural as well, and you can woohoo in them too.

Theorist
#50 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minutegold

Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
There are two bulky closets in Supernatural as well, and you can woohoo in them too.

Unfortunately, I do not own those EP's and don't want to own them. Does anyone know if any modders have made some that are base game compatible? Thanks for the info about the Store.. I will go find them.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Page 2 of 6