Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 8:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
But they never really identify exactly what the hell the Llamas are playing anyway. Maybe they're just playing bocce, which could extend your career well into your golden years.

Then again, seeing an elder Zelda Mae still working and leaving the theater in a backup vocalist outfit is pretty immersion breaking

It was more or less a general vent on the sports careers in the complete Sims series. Which suck, really hard. Just like the medical career, where you start as a organ donor and end up as a world class doctor. Really, EA? And I would have loved to see that some careers just don't are playable without the right college/university diploma. Especially when owning the University EP.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#52 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 10:15 PM
At least with a Uni degree, you don't start the medical career as an organ donor. You go straight to intern, without even going to med school in between. And get a huge increase in salary to boot.

And let's face it, none of the rabbit hole careers are all that realistic. Is the top job at your town's police station really Super Secret Agent, and you have to wear a tux or formal gown every day? Or ascending to 5 Star Chef slinging hash in a diner? Never mind even the whole Rock Star deal at the local theater................
Theorist
#53 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 1:01 AM
Most careers in the history of Sims series don't make any sense.

Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
These are probably only things I care about, BTW. Lol:

Oh, you know... A brass/woodwind instrument. But EA decided adding a second orchestral string that has already previously existed in the series was more important...
Let me guess -- have you faced a similar frustration in the Outside World, and were hoping the game would give you some relief from it?

("You don't play it with a bow? Pffft. This is Orchestra, you should have signed up for Band.")
Instructor
#55 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 1:55 AM
I wish they'd kept the Captain Hero option, it really wouldn't have been that difficult to pull off in the Sims 3 they do lots of teleportation transport already despite being an open world and since they already had a Mad Scientist and Emperor Of Evil I am very disappoint we don't get a Superhero
Scholar
#56 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by r_deNoube
Let me guess -- have you faced a similar frustration in the Outside World, and were hoping the game would give you some relief from it?

("You don't play it with a bow? Pffft. This is Orchestra, you should have signed up for Band.")

Actually, you'd be shocked. I've found that bassoon players are in high-demand for orchestras! When I went to university a few years back, I got invited to join the symphony orchestra there just because I play the bassoon. I'm not even sure how it even got to the orchestra director, but it did before the first day of the semester. I was a bit nervous about it (having never played in such a setting before, I had only been in band), so I declined at first, but he kept on insisting and I finally broke around September. I've been in orchestras ever since, actually!

In fact, the bassoon is more fun in orchestra. In band you'll rarely ever get a solo, but in orchestra, bassoon solos are extremely common.

Woodwind and brass instruments are actually very important to the symphony orchestra. It's the only the world outside of the symphony orchestra/classical music that thinks that they are secondary to strings/looks down upon them.

EA apparently devalues them so much that when the poll for which instrument should be added with the Dragon Valley world, they didn't even bother to include a wind for an option. It was violin or lute. Even though an instrument like a flute or a recorder would have been a perfect fit for the world. Do not get me wrong, nothing wrong with the lute... But it's painful for me to watch them represent every family of the instruments except for brass/woodwind instruments. And then when they've done all of that, they provide a poll, and it doesn't even give the option for a wind, it's just two more strings!

And then in The Sims 4 - the development concept art actually showed sims with a trombone, trumpet, and saxophone, but then when TS4 was announced... Just the violin. Again.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Forum Resident
#57 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 5:57 PM
Someone else wrote it earlier but it needs to be said again. Of all the interactions I miss/need the most from TS2 is the "Hand Baby to" option. It's so annoying to have to either put the baby on the floor or back in the crib if someone else wants to hold them.

I also miss real rental apartments in the game.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 7:55 PM
How about a first impressions sort of thing?

Depending on personality and a factor of randomness, the initial relationship bar (one-sided) could be any degree of positive or negative. This essentially simulates prejudice.

I also wish that personalities clashed more- perhaps someone with an opposing personality and interests (bring those back as well) has only a 25% chance their interaction will be received well and a 50% chance that their conversation will have no impact at all, and if the conversation goes sour, negative interactions have a 200% impact over the normal rate.
#59 Old 9th Nov 2015 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
How about a first impressions sort of thing?

Depending on personality and a factor of randomness, the initial relationship bar (one-sided) could be any degree of positive or negative. This essentially simulates prejudice.

I also wish that personalities clashed more- perhaps someone with an opposing personality and interests (bring those back as well) has only a 25% chance their interaction will be received well and a 50% chance that their conversation will have no impact at all, and if the conversation goes sour, negative interactions have a 200% impact over the normal rate.

yeah... the "opposing personalities and interest" could be modeled after some discussions different personalities had in the "off topic" forum.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 1:41 AM
I know they're in Sims 3, but I wish the weddings were better. I remember having a "roof raiser" party when two of my sims got married in sims 2 and actually had fun doing it! Sims 3 weddings are really boring and kind of chaotic.
Instructor
#61 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 2:19 AM
Soooo many more interactions for younger Sims. How cute would it be for toddlers and children to be able to draw on the walls, or use coloring books? I wish kids could interact with infants, I mean, even just looking at them while they're in their crib would be nice, but children can't even acknowledge that there's a baby in the house. Basically every single interaction from TS2, as well. Swinging kids around in the yard, Mary Mack, red hands. In TS2, if a toddler passed out on the floor, an adult sim would come over a do a little "Worry" interaction over it. Little details like that I miss.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 2:27 AM
Yeah, it seems like Sims 2 had so many little touches that Sims 3 and definitely TS4 lack. Even if it's just a toddler escaping her crib again or playing in the toilet despite the fact that there are so many toys in the nursery. When I'm playing Sims 3, I always seem to be looking for a "Play..." menu. Evidently some people didn't like their adult Sims playing Red Hands or tickling each other, but I liked it.

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Theorist
#63 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 11:53 AM
At least with a Uni degree, you don't start the medical career as an organ donor. You go straight to intern, without even going to med school in between. And get a huge increase in salary to boot.

And let's face it, none of the rabbit hole careers are all that realistic. Is the top job at your town's police station really Super Secret Agent, and you have to wear a tux or formal gown every day? Or ascending to 5 Star Chef slinging hash in a diner? Never mind even the whole Rock Star deal at the local theater................

One thing I wish they did with the careers in both TS2 and TS3 - I would like to have stopped at certain levels. The medical career - if I wanted my sim to be a nurse, I should be able to just stay at that level and not go up to world class surgeon or some such. In the education career - if I wanted my sim to be a teacher the game should give me the option of being a teacher not a college professor. As someone else said, some of the careers don't make sense. I'd love to be a college professor in Uni but an elementary school teacher in the elementary school.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#64 Old 11th Nov 2015 at 3:22 PM
Just occurred to me, you know what I really miss from TS2? Sleeping in a proper coffin.
Scholar
#65 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 2:34 PM
Only a little detail, but it would have been a nice touch if people from Shang Simla or sims with the Chinese culture trait could do a proper oriental bow.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Alchemist
#66 Old 12th Nov 2015 at 3:49 PM

You can sort of pretend Uni is med school, with its generic "Science" degree. And duh, of course you're a five-star chef! ...Of that particular diner, that is. You only start house fires with grilled cheese now, everyone else in the kitchen is at "burned the salad" level.

I wish trees and plants were recolorable. Want to have purple trees to match the Katy Perry Sweet Diabetes Treats pack? Go ahead? Feel like decorating your garden with yellow or black roses? Got you covered! Feeling the need to put some rainbow-colored waterlilies in your stinky-rich Sim's living room pond? Nothing to stop you!

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Theorist
#67 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 5:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
One thing I wish they did with the careers in both TS2 and TS3 - I would like to have stopped at certain levels. The medical career - if I wanted my sim to be a nurse, I should be able to just stay at that level and not go up to world class surgeon or some such. In the education career - if I wanted my sim to be a teacher the game should give me the option of being a teacher not a college professor. As someone else said, some of the careers don't make sense. I'd love to be a college professor in Uni but an elementary school teacher in the elementary school.

This one reminds me of something I would like to see. Or it already must be there, but never noticed it.

Sims who can't get any skill points or just a limited amount at certain skills, based on their traits or talents. You simply cannot become perfect in every skill.

And more seperation of skills. Not just creativity, but f.e. logic, handiness and athletic should be split, too.

Theorist
#68 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 3:01 AM
Because I currently play TS3 and notice it there, I'll put it here. Because it's more something for the Sims Series in general than a particular game in that franchise. I see all those moodlets of decorations and interior. It's purely based on the price of the items in the environment (and dirty/broken stuff). I want to see that these moodlets and moods are based on style and matching colours rather than just expensiveness. I mean, you can have the most ugly rooms expensive stuff and the most beautiful rooms with cheap stuff, based on the suitability of the used material, colours and (background) style. Too much focus on the materialistic part, while non of my Sims has this or related traits (snob etc).

One Minute Ninja'd
#69 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Because I currently play TS3 and notice it there, I'll put it here. Because it's more something for the Sims Series in general than a particular game in that franchise. I see all those moodlets of decorations and interior. It's purely based on the price of the items in the environment (and dirty/broken stuff). I want to see that these moodlets and moods are based on style and matching colors rather than just expensiveness. I mean, you can have the most ugly rooms expensive stuff and the most beautiful rooms with cheap stuff, based on the suitability of the used material, colors and (background) style. Too much focus on the materialistic part, while non of my Sims has this or related traits (snob etc).

Actually, the environment moodlet is generated by summing up the environment scores of all the objects in the room. For example, some objects have that high scores like 9 or 10,would be some of the expensive paintings. A small item of deco might have a score of 1. While it's true with EA objects that generally the more expensive the object, the higher the score, that's not true for custom content. I have some really nice artwork with a score of 9 that only costs $10. I also have expensive items that are only 2 to 3 (note: in buy mode the environment score is shown in little print under the object's description when you get the popup by clicking on it).

As for style and color contributing, it would have been nice, but unfortunately sims are color blind (I mean, why have a favorite color when you can't see colors?).
Theorist
#70 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 6:00 PM
I know how that moodlet system works and where to find that environment score of objects (next to potentially related skills under the pic of the item), but I just think its completely wrong. It should have been programmed better by EA, not ''fixed'' by modders.

And Sims color blind? Never heard of that one before. Would make it strange for TS3 Sims to have a favorite color.

Theorist
#71 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
This one reminds me of something I would like to see. Or it already must be there, but never noticed it.

Sims who can't get any skill points or just a limited amount at certain skills, based on their traits or talents. You simply cannot become perfect in every skill.

And more separation of skills. Not just creativity, but f.e. logic, handiness and athletic should be split, too.

Agree. Though I like to have all my sims learn EVERYTHING - I'm OCD that way - I would like to have seen the traits dictate the skill set. I.e. - If my sim was clumsy, they would be lousy in sports, or a perfectionist who needs to learn everything

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 8:35 PM
I agree and always thought the trait system should have more specific impact on what happens with a sim as well as skill level.

So if you sim is clumsy, the code makes it take 2x longer to build athletic skill and 3x longer to build dance skill and something like 5x more likely to have all the accident things happen, like fall of the horse mounting it, spill food, drawer thing with the dresser, etc. The dresser animation fall should me very very rare to never unless a sim has trait to trigger it, and the other error animation like falling off the other side of the horse should only happen for other sim if very very low skill in horse back riding.

It would differ from unlucky in that a sim with that trait had a 2x higher chance of a random unfavorable outcome... Like 2x more likely to burn meal, 3x more likely for shower to go cold, 2x or likely to get rob, abducted, 2x less likely paint a master piece. Lucky would have the opposite effect, 2x less likely to burn a meal, get rob, get abducted, 2x more likely paint a master piece.

When robbed, Brave sims should be able to tackle the robber and if awake maybe even do it autonomously, were as cowards might have a high chance of fainting if you ask them too attack the robber, rather than do as you ask. I hate how all they can do is call the police unless they have a hidden trait.
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 27th Nov 2015 at 9:49 PM
It's a small thing, but I wish that Plumbots that are scared of humans weren't scared of Bot Fans in Robotic Mode. It might add a cute touch to the game if Bot Fans could dress up as a robot so they wouldn't scare the Plumbot.

This is more of a personal shortcoming, or EA's fault with being vague, but I wish I knew what "not a standard human" means when it comes to Plumbots with a Fear of Humans chip. I assumed that "not a standard human" meant any occult or pet, but I've got a Plumbot who's scared of an alien. Oh well, at least Doombot isn't scared of Brie...

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:05 AM
The ability to randomize a specific section of a Sim's face, instead of the entirety of it.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

One Minute Ninja'd
#75 Old 28th Nov 2015 at 12:11 AM
I never thought I'd ask for a feature present in TS4 for TS3, but I never thought EA would actually offer sims sex clubs either. Now I'm jealous.
Page 3 of 6