Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Pixel Gatehouse

by hazelnutter100 Posted 26th Mar 2016 at 10:54 AM

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 4:01 PM
Looks lovely! Thanks!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 6:12 PM
You got it spot on!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 8:48 PM
Awesome work, seeing together the real one and the recreation, it's wonderfully done. I especially love the kitchen stoves under the arch, and of course, the facade with the columns and windows. Sometimes I study real-life buildings on photos or real life, and I think "no, it's impossible to build it in Sims 3", but when I admire a creation like this, I realize again that for a great builder, more is possible to be built in TS3 than one would imagine.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Mar 2016 at 11:41 PM
Congrats on your first download! This is a splendid recreation.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 8:59 AM Last edited by hazelnutter100 : 27th Mar 2016 at 9:13 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by attuned
Congrats on your first download! This is a splendid recreation.

Thanks. I was amazed that the first build I put on the site was selected as a picked upload :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Awesome work, seeing together the real one and the recreation, it's wonderfully done. I especially love the kitchen stoves under the arch, and of course, the facade with the columns and windows. Sometimes I study real-life buildings on photos or real life, and I think "no, it's impossible to build it in Sims 3", but when I admire a creation like this, I realize again that for a great builder, more is possible to be built in TS3 than one would imagine.

*Blush*. I certainly don't think of myself as a great builder, just a persistent one . I've been meaning to build a gatehouse for ages (based on either this one or Lenton Lodge in Nottingham) and finally got round to working out how to do it.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#8 Old 27th Mar 2016 at 10:43 AM
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! And it's nice to see the Landmark Trust getting some more attention too, especially after that wonderful tv show they produced a while back. I have to say that I really like how well and cleverly you've recreated the Elizabethan architectural features, such as the decorative columns on the facade, the turret roofs and the inglenook fireplaces too. Very impressive!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 12:22 AM
Beautiful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Mar 2016 at 4:27 PM
Awesome. Thanks.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 2nd Apr 2016 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! And it's nice to see the Landmark Trust getting some more attention too, especially after that wonderful tv show they produced a while back. I have to say that I really like how well and cleverly you've recreated the Elizabethan architectural features, such as the decorative columns on the facade, the turret roofs and the inglenook fireplaces too. Very impressive!

I love the idea of rescuing old buildings and then funding it by letting them out for holidays.
And thank you . Of course, I keep seeing all the details I didn't get quite right