Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Overgrown City Skyline Replacement

by Bakie Posted 27th May 2016 at 1:09 PM - Updated 27th Jan 2017 at 2:04 PM by Bakie

13 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 6 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Instructor
THANKS POST
#2 Old 27th May 2016 at 2:38 PM
Looks Nice!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 27th May 2016 at 5:23 PM
As usual, very nice job! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 27th May 2016 at 8:06 PM
Could you do a simpsons springfield skyline? that would be cool.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 27th May 2016 at 8:27 PM
Both this and burning skyline will be perfect for my next series! Thankyou! Awesome! :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 27th May 2016 at 10:09 PM
thank you
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th May 2016 at 2:04 PM
And the other worlds?
I mean, those are for Newcrest and Willow Creek. What abot the Rest?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th May 2016 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BritannicStepanova
Looks Nice!

Quote: Originally posted by BlackheartsMom
As usual, very nice job! Thank you!

Quote: Originally posted by vidde
Both this and burning skyline will be perfect for my next series! Thankyou! Awesome!

Quote: Originally posted by specialany
thank you

Thanks people and you're welcome! I'm glad you like it!
Quote: Originally posted by HatSamPixie
Could you do a simpsons springfield skyline? that would be cool.

I've done a quick search on Simpsons Springfiel Skyline, but couldn't find anything useable unfortunaly. Unless you can find something, I don't think I can do this one, I'm sorry.
Quote: Originally posted by Armilus
And the other worlds?
I mean, those are for Newcrest and Willow Creek. What abot the Rest?

The other worlds use different backgrounds then this one, so city skylines wouldn't fit those other neighbourhoods I think, but I will take a look at some of those and see if i can come up with something to make in future.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 17th Jul 2017 at 9:51 PM
That's cool)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2017 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laruna
That's cool)

Thanks, good to see you like it!

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Forum Resident
#11 Old 1st Sep 2017 at 5:56 PM
I cant get any city skyline replacements to work. I have mods and script mods enabled. I've tried all different replacements and none of them show up. I've searched but nobody else seems to have this problem. Can you help?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 2nd Sep 2017 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
I cant get any city skyline replacements to work. I have mods and script mods enabled. I've tried all different replacements and none of them show up. I've searched but nobody else seems to have this problem. Can you help?

First of all, you can only use one city skyline at the time. So only place one package file, from the skyline you want to see, into your mods folder.
After tou did that, the skyline will only get replaced on the places where the default city skyline could be found before. So for example in Willow Creek and New Crest. As for New Crest, if you choose the large lot that lays in front of the big pond, you should see it behind it, like can be seen in the video.

I suppose other mods work just fine in your game?

Forum Resident
#13 Old 3rd Sep 2017 at 8:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bakie
First of all, you can only use one city skyline at the time. So only place one package file, from the skyline you want to see, into your mods folder.
After tou did that, the skyline will only get replaced on the places where the default city skyline could be found before. So for example in Willow Creek and New Crest. As for New Crest, if you choose the large lot that lays in front of the big pond, you should see it behind it, like can be seen in the video.

I suppose other mods work just fine in your game?

All other mods work. Anyhow, I have realized that you can't get rid of those big ugly buildings in Newcrest. When I played Willow Creek there were no buildings in the background only trees so I realized the skyline mod was working I just was in error because I thought the mod would get rid of those buildings in Newcrest but they can't be part of the skyline, they're something else. Thanks for your hard work in making these.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2017 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kampffenhoff
All other mods work. Anyhow, I have realized that you can't get rid of those big ugly buildings in Newcrest. When I played Willow Creek there were no buildings in the background only trees so I realized the skyline mod was working I just was in error because I thought the mod would get rid of those buildings in Newcrest but they can't be part of the skyline, they're something else. Thanks for your hard work in making these.

You're welcome!
As for the buildings, they're separate objects, just like the tree background in Willow Creek, so they will keep there place.